Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald's Light-Colored Jacket  (Read 138495 times)

Offline Bill Brown

Re: Oswald's Jacket
« Reply #576 on: February 16, 2018, 10:28:39 PM »
Advertisement
Speaking of an inability to understand what is written.

Mr. BELIN. I am going to now hand you what has been marked as 738 and ask you to state if you know what this is.
Mr. DAY. Yes, sir. This is a photograph of most of the evidence that was returned to the FBI the second time on November 26, 1963. It was released to Agent Vince Drain at 2 p.m., November 26.

Where does Day even say when the picture was taken?

It is my belief that the items were photographed because they were being turned over to the FBI on the 26th.  Hell, the photo could have been taken the day before being turned over to the FBI.  That would still have Stombaugh analyzing the bag and blanket BEFORE the photo was taken.

Stombaugh analyzed those two items on the 23rd.  Assuming that you believe Stombaugh.  Do you?  Or is he wrong or lying, too?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #576 on: February 16, 2018, 10:28:39 PM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #577 on: February 16, 2018, 10:35:40 PM »
You claimed that Day is correct.  I'm not claiming that Tague was correct.  That's the difference.

But, you did indeed chide Tim Nickerson when you asked him this question below...

"What makes you more authoritative on this than the guy who was actually hit?"

So, Tague could be wrong about when he was hit.  Right?

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #578 on: February 16, 2018, 10:37:55 PM »
It is my belief that the items were photographed because they were being turned over to the FBI on the 26th.  Hell, the photo could have been taken the day before being turned over to the FBI.  That would still have Stombaugh analyzing the bag and blanket BEFORE the photo was taken.

So, all of your grandstanding about when the photo was taken was all a bluff.

Stombaugh analyzed those two items on the 23rd.  Assuming that you believe Stombaugh.  Do you?  Or is he wrong or lying, too?

I have no reason not to.  Unfortunately, all Stombaugh's analysis shows is that the fibers he found could have originated from the blanket.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #578 on: February 16, 2018, 10:37:55 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #579 on: February 16, 2018, 10:41:03 PM »
But, you did indeed chide Tim Nickerson when you asked him this question below...

"What makes you more authoritative on this than the guy who was actually hit?"

So, Tague could be wrong about when he was hit.  Right?

Yes, Tague could be wrong.  I still want to know what makes Tim's opinion more authoritative.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #580 on: February 17, 2018, 04:06:10 PM »

It is my belief that the items were photographed because they were being turned over to the FBI on the 26th.

Have you read Hosty's  book  Assignment Oswald   Hosty said they inventoried and photographed the evidence on the night of 11/22/63 before it left the possession of the Dallas Police.....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #580 on: February 17, 2018, 04:06:10 PM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #581 on: February 17, 2018, 07:06:41 PM »
It is my belief that the items were photographed because they were being turned over to the FBI on the 26th.

Have you read Hosty's  book  Assignment Oswald   Hosty said they inventoried and photographed the evidence on the night of 11/22/63 before it left the possession of the Dallas Police.....

Some of the evidence was photographed on 11/22/63 but not all. The photograph in question here was not taken on the night of 11/22/63.

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #582 on: February 17, 2018, 07:30:13 PM »

Irrelevant.

The items were turned over to the FBI for the 2nd time on the 26th.

Evidence was turned over to the FBI on the night of the assassination.  The evidence was then returned to Dallas.  Then, evidence was again sent to Washington on the 26th.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #582 on: February 17, 2018, 07:30:13 PM »

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #583 on: February 19, 2018, 03:48:48 PM »
Some of the evidence was photographed on 11/22/63 but not all. The photograph in question here was not taken on the night of 11/22/63.

"The photograph in question here was not taken on the night of 11/22/63."

Whether the photograph was taken on the 22nd or the 26th is Irrelevant.

The photo shows they were sloppy and used evidence handling techniques that would absolutely have

caused cross contamination between different items in their possession. In this case the homemade

TSBD wrapping paper gun case and the blanket from the Paine's garage that was allegedly used,

for at least several months, to wrap the TSBD Carcano. The disregard and lack of care shown in the photo

is proof the cross contamination could have taken place anytime the evidence was in their hands.

Since there were no fibers found on the TSBD rifle, the logical conclusion of how the fibers found on

homemade gun case got there is cross contamination. Arguing against that proposition is tantamount to

admitting evidence tampering.