Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald's Light-Colored Jacket  (Read 138522 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: Oswald's Jacket
« Reply #512 on: February 13, 2018, 12:41:18 AM »
Advertisement
That photo you posted of the lineup participants was taken over five and a half months after the lineups.

Cite?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #512 on: February 13, 2018, 12:41:18 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #513 on: February 13, 2018, 12:44:09 AM »
So, in an attempt to suggest evidence contamination (fibers found inside the bag being a match to the blanket fibers), we have Iacoletti posting a photo of the bag and blanket in contact with each other which was taken three days AFTER the bag was analyzed and the fibers were found inside the bag and studied by Stombaugh.

It hasn't escaped anyone's notice that your only evidence for this was "Day said so" 5 months later.  And there was that other photo...

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #514 on: February 13, 2018, 03:59:41 AM »
It hasn't escaped anyone's notice that your only evidence for this was "Day said so" 5 months later.  And there was that other photo...

Stombaugh examined the bag on the 23rd.  Day testified that the photo was taken on the the 26th, as they were turning that evidence over to the FBI for the 2nd time.  Therefore, Stombaugh analyzed the bag three days BEFORE the photo, that you posted in an attempt to show contamination, was even taken.  Prove Day was wrong about the date?

As for the "other photo", no one here has shown that it was taken before Stombaugh examined those two items.  Therefore, why mention it? 
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 04:06:50 AM by Bill Brown »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #514 on: February 13, 2018, 03:59:41 AM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #515 on: February 13, 2018, 04:03:21 AM »
That photo you posted of the lineup participants was taken over five and a half months after the lineups.

Cite?

What difference does it make?  You'll just end up saying it's a lie or a mistake, like you're currently doing with Day's testimony about the photo of the bag and blanket (CE-738).

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #516 on: February 13, 2018, 06:29:34 AM »
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 06:32:19 AM by Tim Nickerson »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #516 on: February 13, 2018, 06:29:34 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #517 on: February 13, 2018, 12:42:48 PM »
Stombaugh examined the bag on the 23rd.  Day testified that the photo was taken on the the 26th, as they were turning that evidence over to the FBI for the 2nd time.  Therefore, Stombaugh analyzed the bag three days BEFORE the photo, that you posted in an attempt to show contamination, was even taken.  Prove Day was wrong about the date?

As for the "other photo", no one here has shown that it was taken before Stombaugh examined those two items.  Therefore, why mention it?

The bag was stained very dark by the method of esting the FBI used on 11/23/63..... If the bag isn't stained dark the photo was taken PRIOR to the testing....

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #518 on: February 13, 2018, 02:13:24 PM »
The bag was stained very dark by the method of esting the FBI used on 11/23/63..... If the bag isn't stained dark the photo was taken PRIOR to the testing....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #518 on: February 13, 2018, 02:13:24 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #519 on: February 13, 2018, 02:26:06 PM »

Paul Stombaugh received the blanket and the paper bag at the same time; 7:30 a.m. November 23, 1963

Mr. EISENBERG. When did you receive this blanket, Mr. Stombaugh?
Mr. STOMBAUGH. This was approximately 7:30 a.m., on the morning of November 23, 1963.

<>

Mr. Stombaugh, I now hand you a homemade paper bag, Commission Exhibit 142, which parenthetically has also received another Exhibit No. 626, and ask you whether you are familiar with this item?
Mr. STOMBAUGH. Yes; I am.
Mr. EISENBERG. Does that have your mark on it?
Mr. STOMBAUGH. At the time I examined this, it was to be treated for latent fingerprints subsequent to my examination, and in a case like this I will not put a mark on the item itself because my mark might cover a latent fingerprint which is later brought up, and therefore obscure it.
In this particular instance, I made a drawing of this bag on my notes with the various sizes and description of it to refresh my memory at a later date.
Mr. EISENBERG. And it is--looking at those notes and as you remember now-- this is the bag?
Mr. STOMBAUGH. This is the bag.
Mr. EISENBERG. Now, this bag has an area of very light-brown color, and the greater portion of the area is a quite dark-brownish color. What was the color when you originally received it?
Mr. STOMBAUGH. When I originally received this it was a light-brown color.
Mr. EISENBERG. Which is at one end of the bag?
Mr. STOMBAUGH. One end of the bag.
Mr. EISENBERG. The tape is also two colors, one a lightish brown and the other a darkish brown. What color was the tape when you received it?
Mr. STOMBAUGH. The tape also was light brown.
Mr. EISENBERG. Could you turn the bag over? Was it the color that shows as a lighter yellowish-type of brown?
Mr. STOMBAUGH. Yes; a yellow-brown shade.
Mr. EISENBERG. When did you receive it, by the way, Mr. Stombaugh?
Mr. STOMBAUGH. This was received on November 23, 7:30 a.m, 1963.

Stombaugh did not mark the bag because "it was to be treated for latent fingerprints subsequent to my examination".

Sebastian Latona subsequently received the paper bag that same morning.

Mr. EISENBERG. Mr. Latona, do your notes show when you received this paper bag?
Mr. LATONA. I received this paper bag on the morning of November 23, 1963.
Mr. EISENBERG. And when did you conduct your examination?
Mr. LATONA. I conducted my examination on that same day.

<>

Mr. EISENBERG. Now, Mr. Latona, how did you proceed to conduct your examination for fingerprints on this object?
Mr. LATONA. Well, an effort was made to remove as much of the powder as possible. And then this was subjected to what is known as the iodine-fuming method, which simply means flowing iodine fumes, which are developed by what is known as an iodine-fuming gun--it is a very simple affair, in which there are a couple of tubes attached to each other, having in one of them iodine crystals. And by simply blowing through one end, you get iodine fumes.
The iodine fumes are brought in as close contact to the surface as possible And if there are any prints which contain certain fatty material or protein material, the iodine fumes simply discolor it to a sort of brownish color. And of course such prints as are developed are photographed for record purposes.
That was done in this case here, but no latent prints were developed.
The next step then was to try an additional method, by chemicals. This was subsequently processed by a 3-percent solution of silver nitrate. The processing with silver nitrate resulted in developing two latent prints. One is what we call a latent palmprint, and the other is what we call a latent fingerprint.

<>

Mr. EISENBERG. Now, Mr. Latona, looking at that bag I see that almost all of it is an extremely dark brown color, except that there are patches of a lighter brown, a manila-paper brown. Could you explain why there are these two colors on the bag?
Mr. LATONA. Yes. The dark portions of the paper bag are where the silver nitrate has taken effect.

Ergo; the photograph showing the blanket and the bag together was either taken prior to 7:30 a.m. November 23, 1963 or during Stombaugh's examination

« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 03:08:57 PM by Martin Weidmann »