Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald's Light-Colored Jacket  (Read 138504 times)

Online Martin Weidmann

Re: Oswald's Jacket
« Reply #464 on: February 09, 2018, 07:16:21 PM »
Advertisement

Yep the chances that Markham would pick a particular random person out of four is obviously 1 in 4, then we have another 5 eyewitnesses who all had an equal chance of 1 in 4 of picking some random dude therefore when totalled means that for all the 6 eyewitnesses to choose the same random guy is close to astronomical!

JohnM

You need to watch a video, because you have just made the best case possible for why the line up identifications can not be trusted. The odds of this happening are indeed astronomical!

I'm sure John doesn't mind me borrowing the video.

Once you have done that, get back to us with some rational explanation, if you can.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 07:25:48 PM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #464 on: February 09, 2018, 07:16:21 PM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #465 on: February 09, 2018, 07:25:13 PM »
You need to watch a video. I'm sure John doesn't mind me borrowing it.

Once you have done that, get back to us with some rational explanation, if you can.

I have already shown you that eyewitnesses saw Lee Harvey Oswald and couldn't positively identify him.

Btw The video wasn't made in Dallas 1963, has nothing to do with a man carrying a revolver, is showing a completely different scenario and is overcast, so what's your point?

JohnM

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #466 on: February 09, 2018, 07:28:21 PM »

I have already shown you that eyewitnesses saw Lee Harvey Oswald and couldn't positively identify him.

Btw The video wasn't made in Dallas 1963, has nothing to do with a man carrying a revolver, is showing a completely different scenario and is overcast, so what's your point?

JohnM

How many of the people that attended a line up could not identify him?

If you don't get the point, there is no reason to discuss anything with you. A brick wall would get the point the video clearly makes!

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #466 on: February 09, 2018, 07:28:21 PM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #467 on: February 09, 2018, 07:46:37 PM »
Still haven't figured out who "we" is?

And how did Westbrook make the determination that this was exactly the jacket "we" found?

"We" is the DPD officers who were in the parking lot when Westbrook picked the jacket up.

Westbrook was able to make the determination that it was exactly the jacket they found by the laundry tag on the jacket.

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #468 on: February 09, 2018, 07:59:14 PM »
"We" is the DPD officers who were in the parking lot when Westbrook picked the jacket up.

Westbrook was able to make the determination that it was exactly the jacket they found by the laundry tag on the jacket.

Would that include the two officers who saw the jacket in bright midday sunlight and described it as white?

And does it include the officer who Westbrook gave the jacket to? Who was that again, Tim, and can he tell us how the jacket got to the station? Gotta name, perhaps?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #468 on: February 09, 2018, 07:59:14 PM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #469 on: February 09, 2018, 08:05:24 PM »

Would that include the two officers who saw the jacket in bright midday sunlight and described it as white?

Yes it would.

And does it include the officer who Westbrook gave the jacket to?

Of course.

Who was that again, Tim, and can he tell us how the jacket got to the station? Gotta name, perhaps?

Did Westbrook give the name of the officer who he gave the jacket to?

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #470 on: February 09, 2018, 08:19:03 PM »
Yes it would.

Of course.

I don't know. It's not in his testimony, but as an officer of the personal department you would think he would know the people he is working with, don't you agree?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #470 on: February 09, 2018, 08:19:03 PM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #471 on: February 09, 2018, 08:24:19 PM »

I don't know. It's not in his testimony,

If it's not in his testimony then how would you expect me to know who he gave it to?

but as an officer of the personal department you would think he would know the people he is working with, don't you agree?

I would expect that he would know the people he is working with, but I wouldn't necessarily expect him to recall who it was that he passed the jacket to.