Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald's Light-Colored Jacket  (Read 138405 times)

Offline Bill Brown

Re: Oswald's Jacket
« Reply #440 on: February 09, 2018, 03:37:58 PM »
Advertisement
How about you?  Do you have any evidence to show which supports the idea that anyone other than Lee Oswald killed J.D. Tippit?  Maybe you can help Weidmann out.  Can you post evidence which points to someone else not named Lee Oswald?

I don't entertain a specific theory.

You do and your evidence is as weak as can be.

I'm surprised this has to be explained to you over and over.

Translation:  No.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #440 on: February 09, 2018, 03:37:58 PM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #441 on: February 09, 2018, 03:44:32 PM »
What evidence?..... There is none, stupid! All you've got it Westbrook's scouts honor!

You've got a half blind woman who was concentrating more on getting the TV to work, claiming Oswald (who she only could have seen in the blink of an eye) left the roominghouse wearing a jacket, but when she is shown CE 162 she says the jacket she saw was darker...... as in darker, like perhaps his shirt? Remember officer Baker making the same mistake in the 2nd floor lunchroom?

Calling Earlene Roberts "half blind" is a pathetic cop-out.  Roberts could see a police car out on the street but couldn't see Oswald as he went out the front door fifteen feet away from her?

...but when she is shown CE 162 she says the jacket she saw was darker...... as in darker, like perhaps his shirt?

Now you're saying Oswald was zipping up a shirt as he went out the front door?

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #442 on: February 09, 2018, 03:59:03 PM »
How does the lack of a certain response from the culprit mean that Callaway did not say something to him?  Do you think before you post?

"How does the lack of a certain response from the culprit mean that Callaway did not say something to him?"

I didn't say he didn't.

In fact he did yell at him.

That wasn't the conversation though was it Bill?

You claimed that Callaway got as good a look at Tippit's killer as Domingo Benavides and was thus as good

a witness as him to identify Tippit's killer.

I pointed out that Benavides' view was 15 feet from the killer as he turned away from shooting Tippit

and Callaway's view was at best from 56 feet looking at a running/trotting figure.

You tried to bolster your contention by saying Callaway "talked" to the suspect.

Below is Callaway's recollection of the "talk" he had with Tippit's killer.

TESTIMONY OF TED CALLAWAY

~snip~

Mr. BALL. And did you say anything to him?
Mr. CALLAWAY. Yes.
Mr. BALL. What did you say?
Mr. CALLAWAY. I hollered "Hey, man, what the hell is going on?" When he was right along here.

~snip~

Mr. DULLES. Did he say anything?
Mr. CALLAWAY. Yes, sir; he said something, but I could not understand it.
Mr. DULLES. You could not understand what he said?
Mr. CALLAWAY. That is right; yes, sir.

~snip~

« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 04:11:17 PM by Gary Craig »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #442 on: February 09, 2018, 03:59:03 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #443 on: February 09, 2018, 04:11:11 PM »
Calling Earlene Roberts "half blind" is a pathetic cop-out.  Roberts could see a police car out on the street but couldn't see Oswald as he went out the front door fifteen feet away from her?

Mr. BALL. Now, Mrs. Roberts, this deposition will be written up and you can read it if you want to and you can sign it. or you can waive the signature.
Mrs. ROBERTS. Well, you know, I can't see too good how to read. I'm completely blind in my right eye.

Bill, was Earlene Roberts a reliable witness?  If so, do you believe she witnessed a police car pull up in front of her house and honk (as she claimed)?  Because, if she lied about it, she is not a reliable witness.  If she is not a reliable witness, than ANY statements she made are "questionable".  Still churning out the same old butter eh?

Roberts mentioned the fact that Oswald was wearing a jacket as he went out the door to a radio reporter on the day of the assassination.

Despite the fact that she was bombarded by law enforcement personnel and media during the weekend of the assassination, Roberts never mentioned the police car horn honking incident until a week later, after the accused assassin was himself gunned down, which sparked whispers of a possible plot.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 04:13:46 PM by Martin Weidmann »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #444 on: February 09, 2018, 04:34:38 PM »

Mr. BALL. Now, Mrs. Roberts, this deposition will be written up and you can read it if you want to and you can sign it. or you can waive the signature.
Mrs. ROBERTS. Well, you know, I can't see too good how to read. I'm completely blind in my right eye.

How was her vision in her left eye?  Care to guess?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #444 on: February 09, 2018, 04:34:38 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #445 on: February 09, 2018, 04:41:50 PM »
Mr. BALL. Had you ever seen him wear that jacket before?
Mrs. ROBERTS. I can't say I did---if I did, I don't remember it.
Mr. BALL. When he came in he was in a shirt?
Mrs. ROBERTS. He was in his shirt sleeves.
Mr. BALL. What color was his shirt? Do you know?
Mrs. ROBERTS. I don't remember. I didn't pay that much attention for I was interested in the television trying to get it fixed.
Mr. BALL. Had you ever seen that shirt before or seen him wear it---the shirt, or do you know?
Mrs. ROBERTS. I don't remember---I don't know.
Mr. BALL. You say he put on a separate jacket?
Mrs. ROBERTS. A jacket.
Mr. BALL. I'll show you this jacket which is Commission Exhibit 162---have you ever seen this jacket before?
Mrs. ROBERTS. Well, maybe I have, but I don't remember it. It seems like the one he put on was darker than that. Now, I won't be sure, because I really don't know, but is that a zipper jacket?
Mr. BALL. Yes---it has a zipper down the front.
Mrs. ROBERTS. Well, maybe it was.

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #446 on: February 09, 2018, 04:48:08 PM »
Mrs. ROBERTS. I don't remember. I didn't pay that much attention for I was interested in the television trying to get it fixed.
Mr. BALL. Had you ever seen that shirt before or seen him wear it---the shirt, or do you know?
Mrs. ROBERTS. A jacket.
Mr. BALL. I'll show you this jacket which is Commission Exhibit 162---have you ever seen this jacket before?
Mrs. ROBERTS. Well, maybe I have, but I don't remember it. It seems like the one he put on was darker than that. Now, I won't be sure, because I really don't know, but is that a zipper jacket?

What's your point?

Earlene Roberts wasn't willing to say whether or not CE-162 was the jacket Lee had on as he left until she was first aware that it was a zipper type jacket?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 04:49:50 PM by Bill Brown »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #446 on: February 09, 2018, 04:48:08 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #447 on: February 09, 2018, 04:50:19 PM »
Mrs. ROBERTS. A jacket.

Well done Martin.  You have debunked your own claim that Roberts might have confused Oswald's shirt for a jacket by citing testimony where she clearly distinguishes between the two.  Noting that Oswald was wearing a shirt when he arrived and a jacket when he left.