Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald's Light-Colored Jacket  (Read 138408 times)

Offline Gary Craig

Re: Oswald's Jacket
« Reply #392 on: February 08, 2018, 03:50:36 PM »
Advertisement

Is that supposed to change something?  Are you trying to say that Callaway did more than just estimate, that he actually measured and therefore I said something wrong?  So what?  He still used the word "about" when he said it was "about 56 feet".  It was not an exact measurement, it was an estimation, exactly as I stated.

But, I don't mind rewording.

Callaway measured that he was about fifty-six feet from Oswald as Oswald fled the scene.  Anyone who is a baseball fan knows that, in the Major Leagues, the distance from the pitcher's mound to the batter is sixty feet and six inches.

Fifty-six feet is less than nineteen yards.  Any golfer knows that nineteen yards is not far at all.

Yet, you foolishly imply that fifty-six feet is supposed to be some great distance.

Callaway talked to the man.  Benavides ducked down in his truck.

Benavides didn't feel that he could even identify the killer and that is why he did not go to a lineup.

"Benavides didn't feel that he could even identify the killer and that is why he did not go to a lineup."

That's the WC's story and you're sticking to it.

Based on his WC testimony this makes more sense.

"Benavides felt that he could identify Tippit's killer and that is why he wasn't brought in for a lineup"

Testimony Of Domingo Benavides

Mr. BELIN - Where were you when your vehicle stopped?
Mr. BENAVIDES - About 15 foot, just directly across the street and maybe a car length away from the police car.

~snip~

Mr. Belin: Let me ask you now, I would like you to relate again the action of the man with the gun as you saw him now.

Mr. Benavides: As I saw him, I really--I mean really got a good view of the man after the bullets were fired he had just turned. He was just turning away........

~snip~

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #392 on: February 08, 2018, 03:50:36 PM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #393 on: February 08, 2018, 03:54:29 PM »
"Benavides didn't feel that he could even identify the killer and that is why he did not go to a lineup."

That's the WC's story and you're sticking to it.

Based on his WC testimony this makes more sense.

"Benavides felt that he could identify Tippit's killer and that is why he wasn't brought in for a lineup"

The difference is that I am using Benavides' own words.  You?  Not so much.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #394 on: February 08, 2018, 06:21:38 PM »
Whaley's passenger did not get out at the 500 block.  The passenger gave the 500 block of North Beckley as the destination when he entered the cab, but once the cab passed the rooming house, the passenger told Whaley to stop and he exited the cab a couple blocks short of the original destination (and about three blocks past the rooming house).

Sure, after the WC realized they had to get Oswald to 10th and Patton on a tight schedule.  That's not what Whaley said originally.  Nor what his timesheet said.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #394 on: February 08, 2018, 06:21:38 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #395 on: February 08, 2018, 06:24:33 PM »
In an FBI report dated 12/13/63, William Smith stated that the man he saw shoot Tippit was wearing a "light brown jacket".

This is, of course, the same man Markham saw shoot Tippit, who was wearing a "light short jacket" and who she later identified as Lee Oswald.

This is, of course, the same man who Scoggins saw wearing a "light-colored jacket" with a gun in his hands within a spit second of hearing shots and seeing Tippit fall to the ground.  Scoggins identified this man, who he watched turn the corner from Tenth and run down Patton, as Lee Oswald.

This is, of course, the same man who Callaway saw come from the corner of Tenth and run down Patton in his direction, the man who Callaway said was wearing a "light tannish gray windbreaker jacket" and had a gun in his hands.  Callaway positively identified this man as Lee Oswald.

This is, of course, the same man seen by Barbara Davis, Virginia Davis and Sam Guinyard, who all stated that the man was Lee Oswald, had a gun in his hands and was wearing a jacket.

Why did Oswald ditch his jacket by the time he was seen by Brewer on Jefferson?

Adding "of course" to an opinion doesn't turn it into a fact.

Of course.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #396 on: February 08, 2018, 06:25:58 PM »
You keep saying this, but it can definitely be argued that Ted Callaway got a better look at the culprit than did Benavides,

Great, then make your argument.  Hopefully you have something better than "he talked to the guy".

unless you're going to go the goofy Iacoletti route and claim that Callaway did not see Tippit's killer.

Nothing goofy about it.  Callaway didn't see anybody killing anybody.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 06:29:49 PM by John Iacoletti »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #396 on: February 08, 2018, 06:25:58 PM »

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #397 on: February 08, 2018, 08:49:07 PM »

Is that supposed to change something?  Are you trying to say that Callaway did more than just estimate, that he actually measured and therefore I said something wrong?  So what?  He still used the word "about" when he said it was "about 56 feet".  It was not an exact measurement, it was an estimation, exactly as I stated.

But, I don't mind rewording.

Callaway measured that he was about fifty-six feet from Oswald as Oswald fled the scene.  Anyone who is a baseball fan knows that, in the Major Leagues, the distance from the pitcher's mound to the batter is sixty feet and six inches.

Fifty-six feet is less than nineteen yards.  Any golfer knows that nineteen yards is not far at all.

Yet, you foolishly imply that fifty-six feet is supposed to be some great distance.

Callaway talked to the man.  Benavides ducked down in his truck.

Benavides didn't feel that he could even identify the killer and that is why he did not go to a lineup.

"Callaway talked to the man."

Mr. DULLES. Did he say anything?
Mr. CALLAWAY. Yes, sir; he said something, but I could not understand it.
Mr. DULLES. You could not understand what he said?
Mr. CALLAWAY. That is right; yes, sir.

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #398 on: February 08, 2018, 09:14:51 PM »
Your buddy Mutton chickened out of the parking lot so why don't you help out and list the names of police officers who saw a grey jacket on the parking lot, then list those officers from your list who identified the jacket as CE162?

No list. Just one name. Capt. W. R. Westbrook.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #398 on: February 08, 2018, 09:14:51 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #399 on: February 08, 2018, 10:25:02 PM »
No list. Just one name. Capt. W. R. Westbrook.

Exactly,

The man who didn't find the jacket and can't name the person who pointed the jacket out to him.

Also the man who, when he left the carpark, gave the jacket to another officer he can't identify

And the man who allegedly hands in a gray jacket to the evidence room (without signing for it) with initials of officers on it who were in no way involved in finding the jacket or handling it prior to its arrival at the police station.

In other words, your entire "chain of custody" is just one man who never really had custody of the jacket....

Wow!

Now let me guess, Tim.... Westbrook's word is good enough for you, right?