Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald's Light-Colored Jacket  (Read 138447 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Oswald's Jacket
« Reply #352 on: February 05, 2018, 06:41:26 PM »
Advertisement
Obviously they were Whaley's words.  Duh.  It's his testimony.

But, what you can't understand, for some reason, is that he was describing what Oswald was saying about the police.

Show me where Lee told the police that they were trying to railroad him...

It was William Whaley who recognized that Lee was being railroaded and said..... "They were trying to railroad him"
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 06:45:00 PM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #352 on: February 05, 2018, 06:41:26 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #353 on: February 05, 2018, 07:07:45 PM »
Whatever "Fritz reported", it's unrelated to the thoughts going through Oswald's mind when he was on the run between the Depository and 1026 N. Beckley.

I'm merely pointing out that the official tale tells us that the authorities are on record of saying they never learned of the 1026 North Beckley address until after 3:00pm that afternoon......And based n that information I was merely asking you to tell me why Lee would think that the authorities would be waiting for him at that address at 1:00 pm. 

But now you've expanded my question..... You seem to know what thoughts were going through Lee's mind after he decided t take the afternoon off and go to the theater.... So would you please enlighten me?

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #354 on: February 05, 2018, 07:20:57 PM »

What difference does it make?

JohnM

What difference does it make?

Hilliary's going to sue you for plagiarism.....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #354 on: February 05, 2018, 07:20:57 PM »

Paul McBrearty

« Reply #355 on: February 05, 2018, 07:25:01 PM »

It was William Whaley who recognized that Lee was being railroaded and said..... "They were trying to railroad him"

Wrong Walt. It was Oswald who said they were trying to railroad him.

Mr. BALL. They brought you down to the Dallas police station?
Mr. WHALEY. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. What did you do there?
Mr. WHALEY. Well, I tried to get by the reporters, stepping over television cables and you couldn't hardly get by, they would grab you and wanted to know what you were doing down here, even with the detectives one in front and one behind you. Then they took me in an office there and I think Bill Alexander, the Assistant District Attorney, two or three, I was introduced to two or three who were FBI men and they wanted my deposition of what happened.
So, I told them to the best of my ability. Then they took me down in their room where they have their show-ups, and all, and me and this other taxi driver who was with me, sir, we sat in the room awhile and directly they brought in six men, young teenagers, and they all were handcuffed together. Well, they wanted me to pick out my passenger.
At that time he had on a pair of black pants and white T-shirt, that is all he had on. But you could have picked him out without identifying him by just listening to him because he was bawling out the policeman, telling them it wasn't right to put him in line with these teenagers and all of that and they asked me which one and I told them. It was him all right, the same man.
Mr. BALL. They had him in line with men much younger?
Mr. WHALEY. With five others.
Mr. BALL. Men much younger?
Mr. WHALEY. Not much younger, but just young kids they might have got them in jail.
Mr. BALL. Did he look older than those other boys?
Mr. WHALEY. Yes.
Mr. BALL. And he was talking, was he?
Mr. WHALEY. He showed no respect for the policemen, he told them what he thought about them. They knew what they were doing and they were trying to railroad him and he wanted his lawyer.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #356 on: February 05, 2018, 07:49:30 PM »
Wrong Walt. It was Oswald who said they were trying to railroad him.

Mr. BALL. They brought you down to the Dallas police station?
Mr. WHALEY. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. What did you do there?
Mr. WHALEY. Well, I tried to get by the reporters, stepping over television cables and you couldn't hardly get by, they would grab you and wanted to know what you were doing down here, even with the detectives one in front and one behind you. Then they took me in an office there and I think Bill Alexander, the Assistant District Attorney, two or three, I was introduced to two or three who were FBI men and they wanted my deposition of what happened.
So, I told them to the best of my ability. Then they took me down in their room where they have their show-ups, and all, and me and this other taxi driver who was with me, sir, we sat in the room awhile and directly they brought in six men, young teenagers, and they all were handcuffed together. Well, they wanted me to pick out my passenger.
At that time he had on a pair of black pants and white T-shirt, that is all he had on. But you could have picked him out without identifying him by just listening to him because he was bawling out the policeman, telling them it wasn't right to put him in line with these teenagers and all of that and they asked me which one and I told them. It was him all right, the same man.
Mr. BALL. They had him in line with men much younger?
Mr. WHALEY. With five others.
Mr. BALL. Men much younger?
Mr. WHALEY. Not much younger, but just young kids they might have got them in jail.
Mr. BALL. Did he look older than those other boys?
Mr. WHALEY. Yes.
Mr. WHALEY. He showed no respect for the policemen, he told them what he thought about them. They knew what they were doing and they were trying to railroad him and he wanted his lawyer.

It was Oswald who said they were trying to railroad him.

Whaley said: "He showed no respect for the policemen, he told them what he thought about them."

So Lee told the cops "what he thought about them"....   Probably something like " You guys are pikers....I've been to Russia and the cops over there make your brutality look like a kids pillow fight"... ;)

Then Whaley observed.... "They knew what they were doing and they were trying to railroad him"

That's Whaley's observation and interpretation ........
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 08:39:50 PM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #356 on: February 05, 2018, 07:49:30 PM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #357 on: February 06, 2018, 01:31:06 AM »

No.

An impartial read of Whaley's testimony shows that you're off base.

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #358 on: February 06, 2018, 01:34:59 AM »
I'm merely pointing out that the official tale tells us that the authorities are on record of saying they never learned of the 1026 North Beckley address until after 3:00pm that afternoon......And based n that information I was merely asking you to tell me why Lee would think that the authorities would be waiting for him at that address at 1:00 pm. 

But now you've expanded my question..... You seem to know what thoughts were going through Lee's mind after he decided t take the afternoon off and go to the theater.... So would you please enlighten me?

Your reading comprehension skills are as bad as Larry Baldwin's.  I never said that Lee thought the authorities would be waiting for him.

I have no idea what was going through Lee's mind.

Having the cab go past the rooming house before getting out made a ton of sense.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #358 on: February 06, 2018, 01:34:59 AM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #359 on: February 06, 2018, 01:37:20 AM »
It was Oswald who said they were trying to railroad him.

Whaley said: "He showed no respect for the policemen, he told them what he thought about them."

So Lee told the cops "what he thought about them"....   Probably something like " You guys are pikers....I've been to Russia and the cops over there make your brutality look like a kids pillow fight"... ;)

Then Whaley observed.... "They knew what they were doing and they were trying to railroad him"

That's Whaley's observation and interpretation ........

Look.  To make it easier for you to understand, how about we remove the period?

Mr. WHALEY. He showed no respect for the policemen, he told them what he thought about them, they knew what they were doing and they were trying to railroad him and he wanted his lawyer.