Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald's Light-Colored Jacket  (Read 141208 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Oswald's Jacket
« Reply #320 on: February 03, 2018, 05:16:26 PM »
Advertisement
Not at all.

So on one hand you're saying that the arch villain Lee Harrrrrvey Osssswald decided on the spur of the moment to murder JFK....and he had no accomplices ...He was just a lone nut.    Therefore nobody could have been prepared before hand to stop him from assassinating JFK or intercept him after the murder.....

But in this post you're presenting the idea that the cops did know where he lived and they were prepared to intercept him, and he was concerned that they might be waiting for him to show up at the rooming house less than thirty minutes after the murder.

Do I have that right, Billy Bob?

"Not at all."

Well perhaps you can explain it for me then.......?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #320 on: February 03, 2018, 05:16:26 PM »

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #321 on: February 03, 2018, 08:13:23 PM »
The line ups were cinfigured to make it obvious who the suspect was. Ozzie's reaction sealed it.

Mr. WHALEY. Well, I tried to get by the reporters, stepping over television cables and you couldn't hardly get by, they would grab you and wanted to know what you were doing down here, even with the detectives one in front and one behind you. Then they took me in an office there and I think Bill Alexander, the Assistant District Attorney, two or three, I was introduced to two or three who were FBI men and they wanted my deposition of what happened.
So, I told them to the best of my ability. Then they took me down in their room where they have their show-ups, and all, and me and this other taxi driver who was with me, sir, we sat in the room awhile and directly they brought in six men, young teenagers, and they all were handcuffed together. Well, they wanted me to pick out my passenger.
At that time he had on a pair of black pants and white T-shirt, that is all he had on. But you could have picked him out without identifying him by just listening to him because he was bawling out the policeman, telling them it wasn't right to put him in line with these teenagers and all of that and they asked me which one and I told them. It was him all right, the same man.
Mr. BALL. They had him in line with men much younger?
Mr. WHALEY. With five others.
Mr. BALL. Men much younger?
Mr. WHALEY. Not much younger, but just young kids they might have got them in jail.
Mr. BALL. Did he look older than those other boys?
Mr. WHALEY. Yes.
Mr. BALL. And he was talking, was he?
Mr. WHALEY. He showed no respect for the policemen, he told them what he thought about them. They knew what they were doing and they were trying to railroad him and he wanted his lawyer.

-----------------

Witnesses were screened. Some viewed the line ups, some didn't.

Callaway was coached beforehand.

All he had to do to help them nail the cop killer and POTUS assassin is pick the obvious perp.

Mr. BALL. Tell us what happened.
Mr. CALLAWAY. We first went into the room. There was Jim Leavelle, the detective, Sam Guinyard, and then this busdriver and myself. We waited down there for probably 20 or 30 minutes. And Jim told us, "When I show you these guys, be sure,. take your time, see if you can make a positive identification."
Mr. BALL. Had you known him before?
Mr. CALLAWAY. No. And he said, "We want to be sure, we want to try to wrap him up real tight on killing this officer. We think he is the same one that shot the President. But if we can wrap him up tight on killing this officer, we have got him." So they brought four men in.
I stepped to the back of the room, so I could kind of see him from the same distance which I had seen him before. And when he came out, I knew him.

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #322 on: February 03, 2018, 11:31:49 PM »
So on one hand you're saying that the arch villain Lee Harrrrrvey Osssswald decided on the spur of the moment to murder JFK....and he had no accomplices ...He was just a lone nut.    Therefore nobody could have been prepared before hand to stop him from assassinating JFK or intercept him after the murder.....

But in this post you're presenting the idea that the cops did know where he lived and they were prepared to intercept him, and he was concerned that they might be waiting for him to show up at the rooming house less than thirty minutes after the murder.

Do I have that right, Billy Bob?

"Not at all."

Well perhaps you can explain it for me then.......?

Oswald committed the crime of the century in assassinating the president.  He had every reason in the world to be concerned about the police closing in on him.  He had no idea what witnesses had seen or the DPD knew.  For all he knew, he was already a suspect and they were looking for him. At the very least, he knew it wouldn't take long for a guy being watched by the FBI who was missing from the TSBD to become a person of interest.  That is why he also probably shot Tippit.  For all he knew, his name had gone out as a suspect.  He couldn't risk identifying himself to a police officer.  He either had to shoot him while he had the chance or risk arrest. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #322 on: February 03, 2018, 11:31:49 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #323 on: February 03, 2018, 11:55:17 PM »
Oswald committed the crime of the century in assassinating the president.  He had every reason in the world to be concerned about the police closing in on him.  He had no idea what witnesses had seen or the DPD knew.  For all he knew, he was already a suspect and they were looking for him. At the very least, he knew it wouldn't take long for a guy being watched by the FBI who was missing from the TSBD to become a person of interest.  That is why he also probably shot Tippit.  For all he knew, his name had gone out as a suspect.  He couldn't risk identifying himself to a police officer.  He either had to shoot him while he had the chance or risk arrest.

For all he knew, he was already a suspect and they were looking for him.

Really???    So you believe the cops knew where he lived ??    Do you realize that is in direct conflict with what Fritz reported...   According to the official tale nobody knew where Lee's rooming house was located. 

So even if he had been one of the assassins and someone who knew him had gone directly to the police and told them immediately that they had seen Lee Oswald as he shot the President ( You know that nothing like this happened)  The police would have had no idea where to look for him....and yet you think they could have been waiting for him at 1026 North Beckley.
Of course they would have had to set out for the rooming house ahead of Lee Oswald, because he went directly to the rooming house and arrived there at 1:00pm.....

Only an unthinking Kook would believe this nonsense.....
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 11:57:00 PM by Walt Cakebread »

Offline Martin Weidmann

« Reply #324 on: February 04, 2018, 12:11:21 AM »

He had every reason in the world to be concerned about the police closing in on him.

Good point. He kills the President and then what does he do? Does he try to escape by getting out of town as quickly as he can, perhaps to Mexico?

No, he takes a bus (and a taxi) home (one of the first places police would look), changes his clothes and goes for a walk in Oak Cliff......

Yeah, that makes sense, right?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #324 on: February 04, 2018, 12:11:21 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #325 on: February 04, 2018, 01:55:38 AM »
He had every reason in the world to be concerned about the police closing in on him.

Good point. He kills the President and then what does he do? Does he try to escape by getting out of town as quickly as he can, perhaps to Mexico?

No, he takes a bus (and a taxi) home (one of the first places police would look), changes his clothes and goes for a walk in Oak Cliff......

Does he try to escape by getting out of town as quickly as he can

Yes, he was out of the building within minutes and then he was out of the city 20 minutes later.

No, he takes a bus (and a taxi) home

The bus wasn't getting him out of the city quick enough so he caught a taxi.

(one of the first places police would look)

Exactly, that's why Oswald drove past his Rooming House.

changes his clothes

And don't forget along with Oswald changing his appearance, Oswald grabbed his revolver.

and goes for a walk in Oak Cliff......

Oswald walked 9/10 of a mile in about 12 minutes.

Oswald's entire journey from the 6th floor through to escaping the city was a classic example of flight from a scene of a crime.

JohnM

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #326 on: February 04, 2018, 02:17:23 AM »
For all he knew, he was already a suspect and they were looking for him.

Really???    So you believe the cops knew where he lived ??    Do you realize that is in direct conflict with what Fritz reported...   According to the official tale nobody knew where Lee's rooming house was located. 

So even if he had been one of the assassins and someone who knew him had gone directly to the police and told them immediately that they had seen Lee Oswald as he shot the President ( You know that nothing like this happened)  The police would have had no idea where to look for him....and yet you think they could have been waiting for him at 1026 North Beckley.
Of course they would have had to set out for the rooming house ahead of Lee Oswald, because he went directly to the rooming house and arrived there at 1:00pm.....

Only an unthinking Kook would believe this nonsense.....

Whatever "Fritz reported", it's unrelated to the thoughts going through Oswald's mind when he was on the run between the Depository and 1026 N. Beckley.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #326 on: February 04, 2018, 02:17:23 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #327 on: February 04, 2018, 02:22:42 AM »
And your evidence for showing that LHO was "on the run" is?

Oswald was the only employee who was in the building at 12:30 and left immediately and never came back, WHY?

JohnM