Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald's Light-Colored Jacket  (Read 138373 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Oswald's Jacket
« Reply #304 on: February 02, 2018, 05:55:19 PM »
Advertisement
Why can't any LNer explain where this jacket went?

Mr. WHALEY. Yes, sir. I didn't pay much attention to it right then. But it all came back when I really found out who I had. He was dressed in just ordinary work clothes. It wasn't khaki pants but they were khaki material, blue faded blue color, like a blue uniform made in khaki. Then he had on a brown shirt with a little silverlike stripe on it and he had on some kind of jacket, I didn't notice very close but I think it was a work jacket that almost matched the pants.

Clearly  Whaley DID NOT transport Lee Oswald to Oak Cliff...... Whoever he transported it was NOT Lee Oswald.

The very fact that Whaley and his passenger drove right past the rooming house at a time when the "spin misters" would like us to believe that he was a fleeing assassin and in a hurry to escape.....and that act would be contrary to human nature....

What utter nonsense!!......  If Lee had been Whaley's passenger and a fleeing assassin...he would have departed  the taxi  at the corner of Zangs and Beckley.......Then his fare would have been 85 cents ( not 95 )  and he would have gained about ten minutes on his pursuers ( there were no pursuers)   

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #304 on: February 02, 2018, 05:55:19 PM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #305 on: February 02, 2018, 11:03:42 PM »
Clearly  Whaley DID NOT transport Lee Oswald to Oak Cliff...... Whoever he transported it was NOT Lee Oswald.

The very fact that Whaley and his passenger drove right past the rooming house at a time when the "spin misters" would like us to believe that he was a fleeing assassin and in a hurry to escape.....and that act would be contrary to human nature....

What utter nonsense!!......  If Lee had been Whaley's passenger and a fleeing assassin...he would have departed  the taxi  at the corner of Zangs and Beckley.......Then his fare would have been 85 cents ( not 95 )  and he would have gained about ten minutes on his pursuers ( there were no pursuers)   

Or... Oswald wanted the cab to pass by the rooming house so he could determine if law enforcement was already there waiting for him.  Taking the cab three blocks past the rooming house would accomplish this.  Getting out of the cab at Zangs would not accomplish this.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #306 on: February 02, 2018, 11:59:33 PM »
Or... Oswald wanted the cab to pass by the rooming house so he could determine if law enforcement was already there waiting for him.  Taking the cab three blocks past the rooming house would accomplish this.  Getting out of the cab at Zangs would not accomplish this.

Utter Nonsense!!.....  On what basis would Lee Oswald have thought that there might be cops waiting for him at the rooming house just 30 minutes after the murder??

Even if he had been an assassin he would certainly have known that the cops couldn't possibly have learned his address and reached his rooming house in less than 30 minutes.....

You really should give just a little thought to your silly ideas before you post them....You make yourself look like a damned fool.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #306 on: February 02, 2018, 11:59:33 PM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #307 on: February 03, 2018, 02:57:15 AM »
Utter Nonsense!!.....  On what basis would Lee Oswald have thought that there might be cops waiting for him at the rooming house just 30 minutes after the murder??

Even if he had been an assassin he would certainly have known that the cops couldn't possibly have learned his address and reached his rooming house in less than 30 minutes.....

If the cab driver had any suspicions, he would be giving the police a wrong drop-off point.

You really should give just a little thought to your silly ideas before you post them....You make yourself look like a damned fool.

"Dang fool!"
     -- "Loony" Kowalski from
        Omerta: City of Gangsters
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 03:45:44 AM by Jerry Organ »

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #308 on: February 03, 2018, 04:28:48 AM »
Mr. WHALEY. Well, I tried to get by the reporters, stepping over television cables and you couldn't hardly get by, they would grab you and wanted to know what you were doing down here, even with the detectives one in front and one behind you. Then they took me in an office there and I think Bill Alexander, the Assistant District Attorney, two or three, I was introduced to two or three who were FBI men and they wanted my deposition of what happened.
So, I told them to the best of my ability. Then they took me down in their room where they have their show-ups, and all, and me and this other taxi driver who was with me, sir, we sat in the room awhile and directly they brought in six men, young teenagers, and they all were handcuffed together. Well, they wanted me to pick out my passenger.
At that time he had on a pair of black pants and white T-shirt, that is all he had on. But you could have picked him out without identifying him by just listening to him because he was bawling out the policeman, telling them it wasn't right to put him in line with these teenagers and all of that and they asked me which one and I told them. It was him all right, the same man.
Mr. BALL. They had him in line with men much younger?
Mr. WHALEY. With five others.
Mr. BALL. Men much younger?
Mr. WHALEY. Not much younger, but just young kids they might have got them in jail.
Mr. BALL. Did he look older than those other boys?
Mr. WHALEY. Yes.
Mr. BALL. And he was talking, was he?
Mr. WHALEY. He showed no respect for the policemen, he told them what he thought about them. They knew what they were doing and they were trying to railroad him and he wanted his lawyer.

-----------------

Mr. BALL. Tell us what happened.
Mr. CALLAWAY. We first went into the room. There was Jim Leavelle, the detective, Sam Guinyard, and then this busdriver and myself. We waited down there for probably 20 or 30 minutes. And Jim told us, "When I show you these guys, be sure,. take your time, see if you can make a positive identification."
Mr. BALL. Had you known him before?
Mr. CALLAWAY. No. And he said, "We want to be sure, we want to try to wrap him up real tight on killing this officer. We think he is the same one that shot the President. But if we can wrap him up tight on killing this officer, we have got him." So they brought four men in.
I stepped to the back of the room, so I could kind of see him from the same distance which I had seen him before. And when he came out, I knew him.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #308 on: February 03, 2018, 04:28:48 AM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #309 on: February 03, 2018, 05:19:35 AM »

The only thing that is utter nonsense is your belief that there is no chance in hell that Oswald couldn't know, during his thirty minute trek to Oak Cliff, what the authorities had learned about him by that point.

Taking the cab past the rooming house to see if the police were there makes perfect sense.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #310 on: February 03, 2018, 12:09:05 PM »
The only thing that is utter nonsense is your belief that there is no chance in hell that Oswald couldn't know, during his thirty minute trek to Oak Cliff, what the authorities had learned about him by that point.

Taking the cab past the rooming house to see if the police were there makes perfect sense.

So on one hand you're saying that the arch villain Lee Harrrrrvey Osssswald decided on the spur of the moment to murder JFK....and he had no accomplices ...He was just a lone nut.    Therefore nobody could have been prepared before hand to stop him from assassinating JFK or intercept him after the murder.....

But in this post you're presenting the idea that the cops did know where he lived and they were prepared to intercept him, and he was concerned that they might be waiting for him to show up at the rooming house less than thirty minutes after the murder.

Do I have that right, Billy Bob?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #310 on: February 03, 2018, 12:09:05 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #311 on: February 03, 2018, 12:28:16 PM »
Mr. WHALEY. Well, I tried to get by the reporters, stepping over television cables and you couldn't hardly get by, they would grab you and wanted to know what you were doing down here, even with the detectives one in front and one behind you. Then they took me in an office there and I think Bill Alexander, the Assistant District Attorney, two or three, I was introduced to two or three who were FBI men and they wanted my deposition of what happened.
So, I told them to the best of my ability. Then they took me down in their room where they have their show-ups, and all, and me and this other taxi driver who was with me, sir, we sat in the room awhile and directly they brought in six men, young teenagers, and they all were handcuffed together. Well, they wanted me to pick out my passenger.
At that time he had on a pair of black pants and white T-shirt, that is all he had on. But you could have picked him out without identifying him by just listening to him because he was bawling out the policeman, telling them it wasn't right to put him in line with these teenagers and all of that and they asked me which one and I told them. It was him all right, the same man.
Mr. BALL. They had him in line with men much younger?
Mr. WHALEY. With five others.
Mr. BALL. Men much younger?
Mr. WHALEY. Not much younger, but just young kids they might have got them in jail.
Mr. BALL. Did he look older than those other boys?
Mr. WHALEY. Yes.
Mr. BALL. And he was talking, was he?
Mr. WHALEY. He showed no respect for the policemen, he told them what he thought about them. They knew what they were doing and they were trying to railroad him and he wanted his lawyer.

-----------------

Mr. BALL. Tell us what happened.
Mr. CALLAWAY. We first went into the room. There was Jim Leavelle, the detective, Sam Guinyard, and then this busdriver and myself. We waited down there for probably 20 or 30 minutes. And Jim told us, "When I show you these guys, be sure,. take your time, see if you can make a positive identification."
Mr. BALL. Had you known him before?
Mr. CALLAWAY. No. And he said, "We want to be sure, we want to try to wrap him up real tight on killing this officer. We think he is the same one that shot the President. But if we can wrap him up tight on killing this officer, we have got him." So they brought four men in.
I stepped to the back of the room, so I could kind of see him from the same distance which I had seen him before. And when he came out, I knew him.

They knew what they were doing and they were trying to railroad him

These are the words of a simple cabbie.....  Whaley observed  the unfairness of the line up and recognized that Lee was being "railroaded"......when he said...."they were trying to railroad him"