Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald's Light-Colored Jacket  (Read 138339 times)

Online Martin Weidmann

Re: Oswald's Jacket
« Reply #264 on: January 31, 2018, 03:20:38 PM »
Advertisement
I figured Brown had his information from Myers' book, because a google search for the file number of the memo lead me there as well. And - I might add - that was the only result that came up, which suggests there is no on line presence of the actual memo.

Belin can write to Myers whatever he wants but the fact remains that, in March 1964, the WC wasn't convinced by the available "overwhelming" evidence because they asked the FBI to investigate the dry-cleaner's label to establish a link between the jacket and Oswald.

Obviously the investigation ultimately was a dead end because, despite a massive search in the greater Dallas and New Orl?ans areas, the FBI could not locate the dry-cleaner who had attached that label to the jacket.

So, if they really had persuasive fiber evidence they did not use because they already had "overwhelming [witness] evidence to tie Oswald to the Tippit murder", then why in the world did they waste the FBI's time by asking for an investigation of the dry-cleaner's label.

Yet, they never fell back on the fibers after that... One can only wonder why.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 04:16:16 PM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #264 on: January 31, 2018, 03:20:38 PM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #265 on: January 31, 2018, 04:01:29 PM »
No trial, no cross examination of witnesses, no expert testimony for the defendant, etc. etc.

Exculpatory evidence is often ignored by prosecutors.

It's up to the defense to bring it up at trial.

If the jacket was discarded by Tippit's killer it could very well have contained evidence pointing

away from Ozzie.

-----------------------------

"the positive identification of Oswald as the man with the gun"

Domingo Benavide's description of Tippit's killer compared to a photo taken of Ozzie on 11/22/63

while in DPD custody.

He was 15 feet away from Tippit's killer.

Mr. Belin: Let me ask you now, I would like you to relate again the action of the man with the gun as you saw him now.

Mr. Benavides: As I saw him, I really--I mean really got a good view of the man after the bullets were fired he had just turned. He was just turning away........

~snip~

Mr. BENAVIDES - I remember the back of his head seemed like his hairline was sort of--looked like his hairline sort of went square instead of tapered off. and he looked like he needed a haircut for about 2 weeks, but his hair didn't taper off, it kind of went down and squared off and made his head look fiat in back.

Wonder where Benavides' flashbulb was?

Even in the hallway, under certain conditions, Oswald's nape (if the nape is what Benavides was talking about) had the appearance of being square.

This is more like fifteen feet and with some of the flash absorbed by the foreground figure. Try to imagine no flash and the figure moving.

However, it's thought the killer wore a jacket. On Oswald, a jacket would "square" off the nape.

In any event, we don't know exactly what part of the head Benavides is referring to by "the hairline", or what "went square" means or of he's referring to the head profile with "his head look fiat in back".

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #266 on: January 31, 2018, 04:07:52 PM »
Wonder where Benavides' flashbulb was?

Even in the hallway, under certain conditions, Oswald's nape (if the nape is what Benavides was talking about) had the appearance of being square.

This is more like fifteen feet and with some of the flash absorbed by the foreground figure. Try to imagine no flash and the figure moving.

However, it's thought the killer wore a jacket. On Oswald, a jacket would "square" off the nape.

In any event, we don't know exactly what part of the head Benavides is referring to by "the hairline", or what "went square" means or of he's referring to the head profile with "his head look fiat in back".

You can spin it any way you want.

The fact remains the witness with the best look at Tippit's killer, Domingo Benavides, describes

someone not matching a photo taken of LHO on 11/22/63.

Mr. Belin: Let me ask you now, I would like you to relate again the action of the man with the gun as you saw him now.

Mr. Benavides: As I saw him, I really--I mean really got a good view of the man after the bullets were fired he had just turned. He was just turning away........

~snip~

Mr. BENAVIDES - I remember the back of his head seemed like his hairline was sort of--looked like his hairline sort of went square instead of tapered off. and he looked like he needed a haircut for about 2 weeks, but his hair didn't taper off, it kind of went down and squared off and made his head look fiat in back.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 04:14:20 PM by Gary Craig »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #266 on: January 31, 2018, 04:07:52 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #267 on: January 31, 2018, 04:36:27 PM »

The fact remains the witness with the best look at Tippit's killer, Domingo Benavides, describes

~snip~

and made his head look flat in back.

This is the important point.....The LNer's try to avoid Benavides' statement that the killer's head looked FLAT in the Back, by shifting the focus to the nape......

Paul McBrearty

« Reply #268 on: January 31, 2018, 04:39:07 PM »

Statements like, "seemed", "sort of", and, "kind of", are quite vague in nature and give the impression that Benavides wasn't exactly sure about how his hairline actually appeared. And the killer (Oswald ) was wearing a jacket at the time of the Tippit shooting which leads to the question, how much of the nape of his neck was the collar of the jacket covering ?

« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 04:49:45 PM by Paul McBrearty »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #268 on: January 31, 2018, 04:39:07 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #269 on: January 31, 2018, 05:17:05 PM »
Statements like, "seemed", "sort of", and, "kind of", are quite vague in nature and give the impression that Benavides wasn't exactly sure about how his hairline actually appeared. And the killer (Oswald ) was wearing a jacket at the time of the Tippit shooting which leads to the question, how much of the nape of his neck was the collar of the jacket covering ?

Benavides wasn't exactly sure about how his hairline actually appeared.

Benavides was not referring to the killer's "hairline"......He was referring to the killers hair style.....And the killer's hair was cut in a manner that made the back of his head LOOK FLAT.

Offline Pat Speer

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #270 on: January 31, 2018, 05:17:19 PM »