Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald's Light-Colored Jacket  (Read 138364 times)

Offline John Mytton

Re: Oswald's Jacket
« Reply #104 on: January 21, 2018, 10:56:55 PM »
Advertisement
If he wore a jacket. That's your job to prove and you have been at it for how many years now?

Earlene Roberts actually knew Oswald and confirmed that Oswald was zipping up his jacket as he was leaving.

Mrs. ROBERTS. He just walked in---he didn't look around at me---he didn't say nothing and went on to his room.
Mr. BALL. Did he run?
Mrs. ROBERTS. He wasn't running, but he was walking pretty fast---he was all but running.
Mr. BALL. Then, what happened after that?
Mrs. ROBERTS. He went to his room and he was in his shirt sleeves but I couldn't tell you whether it was a long-sleeved shirt or what color it was or nothing, and he got a jacket and put it on---it was kind of a zipper jacket.

And what do you know, the jacket recovered had fibers in the sleeve that matched Oswald's shirt and the jacket was had a zipper.

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #104 on: January 21, 2018, 10:56:55 PM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #105 on: January 21, 2018, 11:04:38 PM »
Another quick reference:

Mr. BALL. I have a jacket, I would like to show you, which is Commission Exhibit No. 162. Does this look anything like the jacket that the man had on that was going across your lawn?
Mrs. DAVIS. No, sir.

Virginia Davis testified to seeing Oswald wearing a light brown tan jacket.

Mr. BELIN. Do you remember what he had on?
Mrs. DAVIS. He had on a light-brown-tan jacket.

Both sisters saw one man who they both positively identified as Lee Harvey Oswald.

Mr. BELIN. Did you see anything else as you heard her screaming?
Mrs. DAVIS. Well, we saw Oswald. We didn't know it was Oswald at the time. We saw that boy cut across the lawn emptying the shells out of the gun.

Mr. BALL. Did you recognize anyone in that room?
Mrs. DAVIS. Yes, sir. I recognized number 2.

Btw Lee Harvey Oswald was man number 2.

JohnM

Offline Ray Mitcham

« Reply #106 on: January 21, 2018, 11:07:15 PM »
Mrs Roberts testimony continued.

"Mr. BALL. Had you ever seen him wear that jacket before?
Mrs. ROBERTS. I can't say I did---if I did, I don't remember it.
Mr. BALL. When he came in he was in a shirt?
Mrs. ROBERTS. He was in his shirt sleeves.
Mr. BALL. What color was his shirt? Do you know?
Mrs. ROBERTS. I don't remember. I didn't pay that much attention for I was interested in the television trying to get it fixed.
Mr. BALL. Had you ever seen that shirt before or seen him wear it---the shirt, or do you know?
Mrs. ROBERTS. I don't remember---I don't know.
Mr. BALL. You say he put on a separate jacket?
Mrs. ROBERTS. A jacket.
Mr. BALL. I'll show you this jacket which is Commission Exhibit 162---have you ever seen this jacket before?
Mrs. ROBERTS. Well, maybe I have, but I don't remember it. It seems like the one he put on was darker than that. Now, I won't be sure, because I really don't know, but is that a zipper jacket?
Mr. BALL. Yes---it has a zipper down the front.
Mrs. ROBERTS. Well, maybe it was.
Mr. BALL. It was a zippered jacket, was it?
Mrs. ROBERTS. Yes; it was a zipper jacket. How come me to remember it, he was zipping it up as he went out the door.
Mr. BALL. He was zipping it up as he went out the door?
Mrs. ROBERTS. Yes.

"When he came in he was in his shirt sleeves."

What happened to the two jackets, Whaley, the taxi driver said he was wearing?

Mr. WHALEY. That is what I told you I noticed. I told you about the shirt being open, he had on the two jackets with the open shirt.
Mr. BALL. Wait a minute, we have got the shirt which you have identified as the rust brown shirt with the gold stripe in it.
Mr. WHALEY. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. You said that a jacket--
Mr. WHALEY. That jacket now it might have been clean, but the jacket he had on looked more the color, you know like a uniform set, but he had this coat here on over that other jacket, I am sure, sir.
Mr. BALL. This is the blue-gray jacket, heavy blue-gray jacket.

Mr. WHALEY. Yes, sir.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 11:10:23 PM by Ray Mitcham »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #106 on: January 21, 2018, 11:07:15 PM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #107 on: January 21, 2018, 11:23:33 PM »
Roberts was blind as a bat.

Crikey, with each post your desperation grows and grows, Earlene Roberts was the supervisor and housekeeper for a rooming house with multiple occupants, that's some awesome accomplishment for someone that's blind.

JohnM

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #108 on: January 21, 2018, 11:38:30 PM »

"Mr. BALL. Had you ever seen him wear that jacket before?
Mrs. ROBERTS. I can't say I did---if I did, I don't remember it.
Mr. BALL. When he came in he was in a shirt?
Mrs. ROBERTS. He was in his shirt sleeves.
Mr. BALL. What color was his shirt? Do you know?
Mrs. ROBERTS. I don't remember. I didn't pay that much attention for I was interested in the television trying to get it fixed.
Mr. BALL. Had you ever seen that shirt before or seen him wear it---the shirt, or do you know?
Mrs. ROBERTS. I don't remember---I don't know.
Mr. BALL. You say he put on a separate jacket?
Mrs. ROBERTS. A jacket.
Mr. BALL. I'll show you this jacket which is Commission Exhibit 162---have you ever seen this jacket before?
Mrs. ROBERTS. Well, maybe I have, but I don't remember it. It seems like the one he put on was darker than that. Now, I won't be sure, because I really don't know, but is that a zipper jacket?
Mr. BALL. Yes---it has a zipper down the front.
Mrs. ROBERTS. Well, maybe it was.
Mr. BALL. It was a zippered jacket, was it?
Mrs. ROBERTS. Yes; it was a zipper jacket. How come me to remember it, he was zipping it up as he went out the door.
Mr. BALL. He was zipping it up as he went out the door?
Mrs. ROBERTS. Yes.

Mr. WHALEY. That is what I told you I noticed. I told you about the shirt being open, he had on the two jackets with the open shirt.
Mr. BALL. Wait a minute, we have got the shirt which you have identified as the rust brown shirt with the gold stripe in it.
Mr. WHALEY. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. You said that a jacket--
Mr. WHALEY. That jacket now it might have been clean, but the jacket he had on looked more the color, you know like a uniform set, but he had this coat here on over that other jacket, I am sure, sir.
Mr. BALL. This is the blue-gray jacket, heavy blue-gray jacket.

Mr. WHALEY. Yes, sir.

So what? Earlene Roberts saw the jacket in two locations under completely different lighting conditions and besides the slight shade variation Earlene voices no other objections with style or size.

Whaley saw many people every day and Oswald was nothing special but what was important to Whaley was bracelets and he recognised that Oswald was wearing a bracelet which he later confirmed looked like the same one.

Mr. BALL. I have here a bracelet which is marked 383. Take a look at it and tell me if you have ever seen it before.
Mr. WHALEY. Yes, sir; as near as I can tell that is the bracelet he was wearing the day I carried him, the shiny bracelet I was talking about.
Mr. BALL. You mentioned the fact that the man who sat in the front seat of your cab, which you drove from the Greyhound Station on Lamar Street over to 500 North Beckley, had an identification bracelet on him.
Mr. WHALEY. Yes, it looked like an identification bracelet. It looks like this one, sir, it was shiny, I couldn't tell exactly whether that was the bracelet or not.
Mr. BALL. But it looks like one of them?
Mr. WHALEY. Yes, sir; it looks like it.

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #108 on: January 21, 2018, 11:38:30 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #109 on: January 21, 2018, 11:40:01 PM »

Crikey, with each post your desperation grows and grows, Earlene Roberts was the supervisor and housekeeper for a rooming house with multiple occupants, that's some awesome accomplishment for someone that's blind.

JohnM

She was also paying more attention to getting the television to work (when Oswald took only a few seconds to walk through the living room) and she was described by her employer as somebody who makes up stuff.

Funny how that works; when Frazier says he wasn't paying much attention the LNs call him mistaken in his observations, when Roberts isn't paying much attention they take her word for it as gospel....

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #110 on: January 21, 2018, 11:43:10 PM »
Correct, she was only half blind.

So what you have is an uncorroborated half eye witness...

Correct, she was only half blind.

That's about the stupidest comment I've ever seen, how can someone be half blind??? Either you're blind or you are not blind and Earlene was not blind.

So what you have is an uncorroborated half eye witness...

Again with the stupidity or you simply don't know the evidence, the majority of the eyewitnesses who positively identified Lee Harvey Oswald said he was wearing a light coloured jacket.

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #110 on: January 21, 2018, 11:43:10 PM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #111 on: January 21, 2018, 11:44:20 PM »

She also testified: We heard a shot and then another shot and ran to the side door at Patton Street.

And,... what????

JohnM