Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald's Light-Colored Jacket  (Read 138363 times)

Offline Tim Nickerson

Re: Oswald's Jacket
« Reply #656 on: May 31, 2018, 07:18:40 AM »
Advertisement
Ummm, to the extend that the Commission had to lie about who found this small piece of evidence.

Your weakest post so far?

The Commission had a solid lead right there in the police log as to who might have found the jacket:

We believe we've got this suspect on shooting this officer out here. Got his white jacket. Believe he dumped it on this parking lot behind this service station at 400 block East Jefferson across from Dudley Hughes and he had a white jacket on. We believe this is it.

Coming from "279", but listed as "Unknown" which raises the question if the DP used fake IDs?

"279" was not unknown. It was motorcycle officer J.T. Griffin.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #656 on: May 31, 2018, 07:18:40 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #657 on: May 31, 2018, 09:05:09 AM »
It's not irrelevant but it's not of great significance either.  It's merely just small piece of evidence that further shows that Oswald passed through that parking lot as he fled from the murder scene.

It's merely just small piece of evidence that further shows that Oswald passed through that parking lot as he fled from the murder scene.

No.

It doesn't show that at all, because all you've got is the assumption that the white jacket found in the parking lot was actually the grey jacket now in evidence.

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #658 on: May 31, 2018, 11:28:53 AM »
Are we doing the shirt or the jacket here?
Shirt....let's do a separate topic :)

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #658 on: May 31, 2018, 11:28:53 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #659 on: May 31, 2018, 05:36:08 PM »
A statement from Wes Frazier's sister.....

Mr. BALL. How was Lee dressed that morning?
Mrs. RANDLE. He had on a white T-shirt, I just saw him from the waist up, I didn't pay any attention to his pants or anything, when he was going with the package. I was more interested in that. But he had on a white T-shirt and I remember some sort of brown or tan shirt and he had a gray jacket, I believe.
Mr. BALL. A gray jacket. I will show you some clothing here. First, I will show you a gray jacket. Does this look anything like the jacket he had on?
Mrs. RANDLE. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. That morning?
Mrs. RANDLE. Similar to that. I didn't pay an awful lot of attention to it.
Mr. BALL. Was it similar in color?
Mrs. RANDLE. Yes, sir; I think so. It had big sleeves.
Mr. BALL. Take a look at these sleeves. Was it similar in color?
Mrs. RANDLE. I believe so.
Mr. BALL. What is the Commission Exhibit on this jacket?
Mrs. RANDLE. It was gray, I am not sure of the shade.

Why would Oswald need to go to his rooming house to get and put on a jacket that he had already worn to work that morning?........... ;) 

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #660 on: May 31, 2018, 05:47:12 PM »
A statement from Wes Frazier's sister.....

Why would Oswald need to go to his rooming house to get and put on a jacket that he had already worn to work that morning?........... ;) 

He wouldn't and he didn't.

Mr. BALL. Here is another jacket which is a gray jacket, does this look anything like the jacket he had on?
Mrs. RANDLE. No, sir; I remember its being gray.
Mr. BALL. Well, this one is gray but of these two the jacket I last showed you is Commission Exhibit No. 162, and this blue gray is 163, now if you had to choose between these two?
Mrs. RANDLE. I would choose the dark one.
Mr. BALL. You would choose the dark one?
Mrs. RANDLE. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. Which is 163, as being more similar to the jacket he had?
Mrs. RANDLE. Yes, sir; that I remember. But I, you know, didn't pay an awful lot of attention to his jacket. I remember his T-shirt and the shirt more so than I do the jacket.
Mr. BALL. The witness just stated that 163 which is the gray-blue is similar to the jacket he had on. 162, the light gray jacket was not.
Mrs. RANDLE. Yes.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #660 on: May 31, 2018, 05:47:12 PM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #661 on: May 31, 2018, 06:00:33 PM »
So why list him as "Unknown"?

Because whoever listed him as Unknown didn't know who he was. What other reason could there be?

And what could he tell the Commission about the white jacket?

About the same as his fellow motorcycle officer R.W. Walker. Not much. They saw it from a distance.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #662 on: May 31, 2018, 06:43:15 PM »
Nope. Oswald had the brown shirt with him at all times; from the time that he assassinated Kennedy until the time of his arrest in the Texas Theatre.

"The time that he assassinated Kennedy" -- nothing like assuming what you're trying to prove.

But where was the brown shirt when he passed by Jeraldean Reid?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #662 on: May 31, 2018, 06:43:15 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #663 on: May 31, 2018, 06:44:00 PM »
It's not irrelevant but it's not of great significance either.  It's merely just small piece of evidence that further shows that Oswald passed through that parking lot as he fled from the murder scene.

How would a jacket in a parking lot show that anyone "fled from a murder scene"?