Users Currently Browsing This Topic:

Author Topic: Oswald's Light-Colored Jacket  (Read 74872 times)

Offline Tim Nickerson

Re: Oswald's Jacket
« Reply #650 on: May 31, 2018, 01:38:22 AM »
Just to backtrack immediately after the assassination Oswald departs just with the white shirt but apparently goes back in to get the brown overshirt?

Nope. Oswald had the brown shirt with him at all times; from the time that he assassinated Kennedy until the time of his arrest in the Texas Theatre.

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #651 on: May 31, 2018, 01:42:41 AM »
So whether he did or did not have some kind of jacket at any particular time is rather irrelevant isn't it?

It's not irrelevant but it's not of great significance either.  It's merely just small piece of evidence that further shows that Oswald passed through that parking lot as he fled from the murder scene.

Offline Howard Gee

« Reply #652 on: May 31, 2018, 01:57:27 AM »
It does more than just show Oswald passed through the parking lot.

It demonstrates that Saint Oswald was desperately trying to alter his appearance.

People don't usually ditch their jackets in parking lots without a reason for doing so.

Of course it's possible that Saint Oz was trying to throw the jacket into a Goodwill or Salvation Army bin located a few miles away, but I kind of doubt it.

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #653 on: May 31, 2018, 02:05:13 AM »
It does more than just show Oswald passed through the parking lot.

It demonstrates that Saint Oswald was desperately trying to alter his appearance.

People don't usually ditch their jackets in parking lots without a reason for doing so.

Of course it's possible that Saint Oz was trying to throw the jacket into a Goodwill or Salvation Army bin located a few miles away, but I kind of doubt it.

I suspect that he was overheated and just ditched it without giving it much thought.

Offline Howard Gee

« Reply #654 on: May 31, 2018, 02:14:59 AM »
Yep, bcz people that are wearing a jacket and feeling warm tend to just throw the jacket away in a parking lot, rather than removing the jacket and carrying it with them.

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #655 on: May 31, 2018, 02:20:37 AM »
Yep, bcz people that are wearing a jacket and feeling warm tend to just throw the jacket away in a parking lot, rather than removing the jacket and carrying it with them.

"People that are wearing a jacket"? How many people are we talking about here?

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #656 on: May 31, 2018, 07:18:40 AM »
Ummm, to the extend that the Commission had to lie about who found this small piece of evidence.

Your weakest post so far?

The Commission had a solid lead right there in the police log as to who might have found the jacket:

We believe we've got this suspect on shooting this officer out here. Got his white jacket. Believe he dumped it on this parking lot behind this service station at 400 block East Jefferson across from Dudley Hughes and he had a white jacket on. We believe this is it.

Coming from "279", but listed as "Unknown" which raises the question if the DP used fake IDs?

"279" was not unknown. It was motorcycle officer J.T. Griffin.

Offline Martin Weidmann

« Reply #657 on: May 31, 2018, 09:05:09 AM »
It's not irrelevant but it's not of great significance either.  It's merely just small piece of evidence that further shows that Oswald passed through that parking lot as he fled from the murder scene.

It's merely just small piece of evidence that further shows that Oswald passed through that parking lot as he fled from the murder scene.

No.

It doesn't show that at all, because all you've got is the assumption that the white jacket found in the parking lot was actually the grey jacket now in evidence.

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #658 on: May 31, 2018, 11:28:53 AM »
Are we doing the shirt or the jacket here?
Shirt....let's do a separate topic :)

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #659 on: May 31, 2018, 05:36:08 PM »
A statement from Wes Frazier's sister.....

Mr. BALL. How was Lee dressed that morning?
Mrs. RANDLE. He had on a white T-shirt, I just saw him from the waist up, I didn't pay any attention to his pants or anything, when he was going with the package. I was more interested in that. But he had on a white T-shirt and I remember some sort of brown or tan shirt and he had a gray jacket, I believe.
Mr. BALL. A gray jacket. I will show you some clothing here. First, I will show you a gray jacket. Does this look anything like the jacket he had on?
Mrs. RANDLE. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. That morning?
Mrs. RANDLE. Similar to that. I didn't pay an awful lot of attention to it.
Mr. BALL. Was it similar in color?
Mrs. RANDLE. Yes, sir; I think so. It had big sleeves.
Mr. BALL. Take a look at these sleeves. Was it similar in color?
Mrs. RANDLE. I believe so.
Mr. BALL. What is the Commission Exhibit on this jacket?
Mrs. RANDLE. It was gray, I am not sure of the shade.

Why would Oswald need to go to his rooming house to get and put on a jacket that he had already worn to work that morning?........... ;) 

Mobile View