Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald's Light-Colored Jacket  (Read 141344 times)

Offline Richard Rubio

Re: Oswald's Light-Colored Jacket
« Reply #776 on: June 09, 2018, 03:51:24 PM »
Advertisement
Oops , I thought I logged into the JFKassassination Forum. Instead this place has turned into the let the scumbag go , the proper paperwork wasn't filed forum. :-\

This is correct, really, a lot of this is just questioning police procedure. That may be all and good, could work to an extent in the courtroom but it makes for bo-ring reading.  Also, just being critical of the paperwork, procedure might not be enough to win in a courtroom.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #776 on: June 09, 2018, 03:51:24 PM »

Offline Bill Brown

Re: Oswald's Jacket
« Reply #777 on: June 09, 2018, 08:56:44 PM »

JohnM

Can it get any more obvious?

"She looked at him"  "He looked at her"

And she still couldn't pick him out of a 4 man "line-up".

Markham did indeed pick Oswald out of a lineup.

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #778 on: June 09, 2018, 08:59:27 PM »
Oops , I thought I logged into the JFKassassination Forum. Instead this place has turned into the let the scumbag go , the proper paperwork wasn't filed forum. :-\

That's a great point.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #778 on: June 09, 2018, 08:59:27 PM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #779 on: June 10, 2018, 12:58:45 AM »
I got my dry cleaning tags mixed up.  What I meant in my original post is this:

The DPD discovered that the light gray jacket had a dry cleaner tag inside it with the number B 9738. This was broadcasted over the DPD radio at about 1:44 pm (CE 705/1974). The jacket also contained the laundry mark "30" in its collar (Dallas Municipal archives, Box 9, Folder 4, Item 5). Myers admits that the FBI had canvassed hundreds of dry cleaners in Dallas and New Orleans; and that they were unable to determine if any of them had served Oswald, or had even used a laundry tag identical to the one found inside the jacket (With Malice, Chapter 8). In fact, the FBI also claimed that none of Oswald's other clothing contained a dry cleaners or laundry mark that could be associated with the laundry tag of the light gray jacket (ibid). Although Myers states that none of Oswald's belongings contained any dry cleaning tags, a pair of Khaki-colored trousers and a Khaki long-sleeved shirt which belonged to Oswald, contained laundry tags bearing the number "03230". However, this is not identical to the laundry mark or dry cleaning tag found on the light gray jacket. Finally, even Myers admits that Marina Oswald told the FBI that she could not recall if Oswald ever sent the light gray jacket to a dry cleaner; but that she recalled hand washing them herself (ibid).

https://kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-reviews/myers-dale-with-malice-part-2

Michael, Myers wasn't admitting to anything. He was merely stating facts. Yusuf makes it sound like Myers was caught in a dilemma.

Offline Howard Gee

« Reply #780 on: June 10, 2018, 02:22:03 AM »
This is a real tough choice.

I have to decide whether the jacket couldn't have belonged to Saint Oz because there was a laundry tag in it...

or

Maybe I should conclude that the jacket was his, based on the fibers found in it that just happen to match the shirt he was wearing when arrested.

Hmmmmm, this is a real close call.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #780 on: June 10, 2018, 02:22:03 AM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #781 on: June 17, 2018, 04:48:55 AM »

Question... when did Westbrook get the jacket and who gave it to him?

Nobody gave it to him. He picked it up off of the ground.

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #782 on: June 17, 2018, 07:27:20 AM »
Nobody gave it to him. He picked it up off of the ground.

Indeed.

Perhaps Weidmann should go back under his rock.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #782 on: June 17, 2018, 07:27:20 AM »

Offline Zeon Mason

« Reply #783 on: June 20, 2018, 07:56:53 AM »
Mr. BALL. Did you ever find some clothing?
Mr. WESTBROOK. That was before, Mr. Ball.
Mr. BALL. When was that?
Mr. WESTBROOK. Actually, I didn't find it--it was pointed out to me by either some officer that--that was while we were going over the scene in the close area where the shooting was concerned, someone pointed. out a jacket to me that was laying under a car and I got the jacket and told the officer to take the license number.
Mr. BALL. When did this happen? You gave me a sort of a resume of what you had done, but you omitted this incident.

So Westbrook did NOT find it. But he DID "got the jacket"  :D