Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: LNers: Your Views of the Missed Shot?  (Read 13903 times)

Offline Joe Elliott

Re: LNers: Your Views of the Missed Shot?
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2018, 12:23:48 AM »
Advertisement
Curious to see what LNers think about the missed bullet, the Tague hit, and the relationship between the two (e.g., headshot fragment resulting in Tague hit).
What shooter scenario do my fellow LNers think is most likely?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2018, 12:23:48 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2018, 01:05:16 AM »
For some, personal incredulity seems to be the deciding factor when it comes to this question.

Absolutely. McCloy mentioned that aspect in the video. One could mention the closely-related 'appeal to personal* ignorance' logical fallacy as well.

*As you know, I'm not calling anyone ignorant.
Let's see the CTers figure that one out haha

Offline Steve Taylor

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2018, 10:43:55 AM »

McCloy and Dulles had similar backgrounds and points of view.  Dulles was the leader of the WC and could count on McCloy to not only come around to his Oswald Theory, but McCloy would convince others on the WC to forget all of their objections and to go along too. As you will read in the link and maybe pick up in this film, he was a very devious man, and quite capable of deceiving the nation.  I don't think I've ever been more ashamed of Walter Cronkite, but I must forgive him as he was most likely a star of Operation Mockingbird.  The CIA probably had him in their pocket.

http://spartacus-educational.com/USAmccloyJ.htm 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2018, 10:43:55 AM »

Offline Steve Taylor

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2018, 11:02:51 AM »
Going back to the topic.  A shot landing near Tague, fired by LHO would have been wildly inaccurate, marked in red in the photo.  The only time frame he would have been able to fire a reasonable shot would have been late in the Z film when the limo was well past the Ft. Worth sign. 
  On the other hand, a line of sight from the fire escape area of the Dal-Tex to the limo (in black),  is easily easily seen for the timing of all shots suspected by the readers.   

« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 11:58:37 AM by Steve Taylor »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2018, 03:08:26 PM »

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2018, 03:13:36 PM »
Going back to the topic.  A shot landing near Tague, fired by LHO would have been wildly inaccurate, marked in red in the photo.  The only time frame he would have been able to fire a reasonable shot would have been late in the Z film when the limo was well past the Ft. Worth sign. 
  On the other hand, a line of sight from the fire escape area of the Dal-Tex to the limo (in black),  is easily easily seen for the timing of all shots suspected by the readers.   

Your?s is not a LN scenario. But ignoring that, how high up the fire escape of the Dal-Tex building would you think the shooter would be?
Level with which floor?
He needs to be high enough to clear the follow up car with the standing Secret Service agents on the running boards.

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2018, 03:54:15 PM »
LNers in general don't claim the curb strike was a directly fired shot from the SN. The only exception I know of is Edward Bauer, whom I recall (though I'm not sure) proposed Oswald's first shot was a "sighting-in" shot fired there.

I believe most researchers see the Tague curb strike as originating from a ricochet off the pavement (upper Elm) or a fragment from the head shot. The latter was first proposed by Josiah Thompson in his magnum opus Six Seconds in Dallas.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2018, 03:54:15 PM »

Offline Steve Taylor

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2018, 04:40:51 PM »
LNers in general don't claim the curb strike was a directly fired shot from the SN. The only exception I know of is Edward Bauer, whom I recall (though I'm not sure) proposed Oswald's first shot was a "sighting-in" shot fired there.

I believe most researchers see the Tague curb strike as originating from a ricochet off the pavement (upper Elm) or a fragment from the head shot. The latter was first proposed by Josiah Thompson in his magnum opus Six Seconds in Dallas.

Thanks for the info Jerry.  Then why was there a need to change from the FBI 3 shot scenario to the SBT with 2 hits and 1 miss in Tagues direction?  The WC seems to disagree with your theory.