Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: LNers: Your Views of the Missed Shot?  (Read 14037 times)

Offline Dillon Rankine

LNers: Your Views of the Missed Shot?
« on: September 07, 2018, 09:23:14 PM »
Advertisement
Curious to see what LNers think about the missed bullet, the Tague hit, and the relationship between the two (e.g., headshot fragment resulting in Tague hit).

JFK Assassination Forum

LNers: Your Views of the Missed Shot?
« on: September 07, 2018, 09:23:14 PM »

Offline Joe Elliott

Re: LNers: Your Views of the Missed Shot?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 04:39:48 AM »
Curious to see what LNers think about the missed bullet, the Tague hit, and the relationship between the two (e.g., headshot fragment resulting in Tague hit).
This is a pretty big subject.

Bullet 1: z153 ? Judging from the Zapruder camera jiggles, and Connally?s reaction. Fair confidence in a shot at z153. As ballistic tests by Luke and Michael Haag show, the bullet would have fragmented into tiny pieces, leaving a small ?crater? in the road, similar to other minor damage spots found on busy roads. Most likely missed limousine due to the high angular speed of the target, about 3.6 degrees per second.

Bullet 2: z222 ? Judging from the Zapruder camera jiggles, Connally?s coat movement (commonly called a lapel flip) and JFK and Connally reacting at the same time. Very good confidence in a shot at z222. Most likely missed the center of the head by 8 inches due the medium angular speed of the target, about 1.8 degrees per second.

Bullet 3: z312 ? Forward movement of head between z312 and z313 indicates the shot struck much closer to z312 than z313. Virtual certainty of a shot at z312. Most likely missed the center of the head by only 2 inches due to the low angular speed of the target, about 0.55 degrees per second.

Tague hit by a fragment of the head shot. The two fragments that almost cleared the windshield were 9 and 5 degrees to the left of the line from Oswald to JFK. The path from the limousine to Tague was only 7 degrees to the right of this line.

Likely the smear on the curb was not from this fragment but from a lead weight of a car that veered into the curb at some point in time. This is a very busy street with fair number of ?buzzed? drivers going by day by day. It is a highly unlikely coincidence for a bullet to strike precisely on the edge of the curb, right where a tire lead weight would strike.

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 06:00:46 AM »
     That about wraps it up.  Two magic bullets.
Name me a single professional ballistic expert in the world who believes that any of the three shots required a magic bullet.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 06:00:46 AM »

Offline Nicholas Turner

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 08:13:11 AM »
    I'm not personally familiar with guns, .....

And yet you you declared that there were two magic bullets.

.....but I was under the impression that bullets were demonstrated to become deformed when they hit bone.

Ballistics experts have said that the bullet recovered was deformed in a way that matches with the injuries inflicted to JFK and  JC.

Offline Nicholas Turner

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2018, 06:26:39 PM »
    One of the bullets was named a magic bullet for a bizarre trajectory emerging pristine after supposedly smashing bones and littering the wrist of the Governor with fragments that clearly did not come from the bullet exhibited.   The second magic bullet hit Kennedy in the back of head and drove his head backwards???   Magic.  We're in Disneyland after dark.   With a stretch of the imagination you could have a third magic bullet, the one fired at the man who hated Kennedy most, Gen. Walker, by the man they say killed the object of his obsession.   Wild, dude.  Makes sense.  All those magic bullets flying around, what with Walker being missed, evidence disappearing, theories made legend from on high, must have been the Magical Wizard of Oz.   Walker just dusted his sleeves, myuh, honey he forgot to duck, back to the drawing board at Pentagon Disney.

There are no magic bullets as far as I can see, but then I'm not a ballistics expert either.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2018, 06:26:39 PM »

Offline Nicholas Turner

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2018, 06:48:44 PM »
     Some people believe in God because without God they can't make sense of their existence.  This is why a simple explanation works for most people.   They use it like Faith.  There may be good reasons to believe in God, but I see none for believing the explanation given by the Warren Commission.  When men are this devious and rabid you can't make sense of them, it's like contemplating the idea of evil.   Trusting them then becomes the foundation for trusting evil and the mind blanks out.  It's a sad example of brilliant crime and twisted minds.

No idea what you are on about there I'm afraid. Concluding that LHO was a lone gunmen and that there were three shots only based on the balance of probabilities and the lack of a coherent alternative is nothing like having a belief in God.

Offline Nicholas Turner

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2018, 07:03:04 PM »
    I'll help you with that one:   https://zondervanacademic.com/blog/what-is-a-leap-of-faith/

I know what a leap of faith is thanks. Concluding that LHO was a lone gunman based on the balance of probabilities and the lack of a coherent alternative is not a leap of faith.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2018, 07:03:04 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2018, 07:04:06 PM »
And yet you you declared that there were two magic bullets.

Ballistics experts have said that the bullet recovered was deformed in a way that matches with the injuries inflicted to JFK and  JC.

These lazy CT assassination buffs refuse to acknowledge that FMJ ammo was designed to pass through-and-through flesh and remain intact. In fact, FMJ ammo is not recommended for home defense because of its overpenetration aspect: You might land a couple on your intruder, but also hit a family member who might be lined up 'downrange', so-to-speak (nudge nudge, wink wink).