Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Wisdom.....  (Read 2175 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Wisdom.....
« on: September 06, 2018, 09:59:54 PM »
Advertisement
I was reading a story about a five year old boy who was regarded as mentally retarded by teachers.   He was turned over to a psychologist for evaluation....  The psychologist noticed that the little boy could read at a level far above his age group and started working to find the problem.....   She brought the little boy out of his shell and found that he was actually a gifted child with an IQ of 168......  At one point he knew that their "play session" in the "play room" was always over at 4:00 pm when he could hear a church bell chime, but he didn't want to leave the playroom.....  So he told the psychologist that they could pretend that it wasn't 4:00 o'clock.  Here's the dialogue....

The church chimes began to play. "Listen Dibs," I said.
"Yes. One o'clock. Three more hours until four"
"Oh Dibs," I said. Are you trying to fool me?"
Dibs said, "But let's pretend it's one o'clock "
"Would pretending really change the time? " I asked.
"Well, no," Dibs said  "There are two kinds of pretending"
"And what are they?" I asked.
"The pretending that is all right to pretend,"  he said. "And the pretending that is just plain foolish."
He stood up and walked over to me. "and sometimes they get so mixed up you can't tell which is which."

I believe that little boy was far wiser than many who post in this forum....  and he would never pretend that the magic bullet performed as LBJ's Cover up committee claimed it did..... 

« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 10:02:54 PM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

Wisdom.....
« on: September 06, 2018, 09:59:54 PM »

Offline Nicholas Turner

Re: Wisdom.....
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 10:08:37 PM »
I was reading a story about a five year old boy who was regarded as mentally retarded by teachers.   He was turned over to a psychologist for evaluation....  The psychologist noticed that the little boy could read at a level far above his age group and started working to find the problem.....   She brought the little boy out of his shell and found that he was actually a gifted child with an IQ of 168......  At one point he knew that their "play session" in the "play room" was always over at 4:00 pm when he could hear a church bell chime, but he didn't want to leave the playroom.....  So he told the psychologist that they could pretend that it wasn't 4:00 o'clock.  Here's the dialogue....

The church chimes began to play. "Listen Dibs," I said.
"Yes. One o'clock. Three more hours until four"
"Oh Dibs," I said. Are you trying to fool me?"
Dibs said, "But let's pretend it's one o'clock "
"Would pretending really change the time? " I asked.
"Well, no," Dibs said  "There are two kinds of pretending"
"And what are they?" I asked.
"The pretending that is all right to pretend,"  he said. "And the pretending that is just plain foolish."
He stood up and walked over to me. "and sometimes they get so mixed up you can't tell which is which."

I believe that little boy was far wiser than many who post in this forum....  and he would never pretend that the magic bullet performed as LBJ's Cover up committee claimed it did.....

That's your belief, and you're entitled to it,  but its no more than that.

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 03:37:05 AM »
I was reading a story about a five year old boy who was regarded as mentally retarded by teachers.   He was turned over to a psychologist for evaluation....  The psychologist noticed that the little boy could read at a level far above his age group and started working to find the problem.....   She brought the little boy out of his shell and found that he was actually a gifted child with an IQ of 168...... 

Did he (they) lie about his age to qualify him to reliably take the intelligence test/evaluation?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wechsler_Intelligence_Scale_for_Children

The Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children (WISC), developed by David Wechsler, is an individually administered intelligence test for children between the ages
of 6 and 16. ....
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 03:42:07 AM by Tom Scully »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 03:37:05 AM »