Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Who was the "agent" patrolman Joe Smith encountered behind grassy knoll?  (Read 20480 times)

Offline Jerry Freeman

Advertisement
    I agree with you. BUT, repeating the mistakes/BS of the past will Not lead to solving this case. Stick with Corroborated FACT not hearsay or parroted "stories".
hearsay or parroted "stories"?.....But that ranges anywhere from 3-93% of this forum.

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Royell Storing

hearsay or parroted "stories"?.....But that ranges anywhere from 3-93% of this forum.

Physically and Orally Repeating the same processes/mistakes that have been made over the last 54+ years is foolish.

Offline Jerry Freeman

Physically and Orally Repeating the same processes/mistakes that have been made over the last 54+ years is foolish.
Does that include the lone gunman theory?

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Royell Storing

Does that include the lone gunman theory?

I do Not buy into the Lone Gunman story but there are Facts supporting it.  Therefore, it does merit serious discussion. What continues to be Nothing more than Conjecture and Speculation is the Echo Chamber Mantra supporting the SBT. THAT is pure  BS:

Offline Susan Wilde

Re: Who was the "agent" patrolman Joe Smith encountered behind grassy knoll?
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2019, 11:45:24 PM »
Another very  important fact with respect to Dallas police patrolman Joe Smith smelling the distinctive smell of  gun smoke right before his  encounter 1 to 2 minutes after the shots ended with the fake impostor  "Secret Service" credentials flashing  "agent"  west of the TSBD near the  grassy knoll  picket fence and North Pergola,  is that the wind was documented by the weather service and documented in DP photos of witnesses clothes as blowing  northeastward ;  the wind during the shots was  blowing  FROM  the Triple Overpass,  TOWARDS  the TSBD

Just for the record, what is your source for DPD Officer Joe Smith  "smelling the distinctive smell of Gun Smoke"? I do Not recall a Gun Smoke claim being attributed to Smith.

Dallas police patrolman Joe Marshall Smith stated directly to the very respected,  Pulitzer Prize  finalist, Anthony Summers, that he definitely smelled gun smoke after Smith had already run completely past the Depository and was located at the back (north) side of the grassy knoll's North Pergola in Summers excellent book,  "Not in Your Lifetime." (the warren commission - deliberately - never chose  (nor wanted)  to ask patrolman Smith about his smelling gun smoke close to the grassy knoll, against-the-wind, far away from and dozens of feet below the Depository 'snipers lair')

There are 2 very specific references to patrolman Smith smelling the gun smoke, available for everyone on pages 27 and 36. (Royell must have forgotten reading about patrolman Smith soon smelling gun smoke close to the grassy knoll, or, he has not yet read this outstanding book, that I strongly recommend for everyone)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 08:30:22 AM by Susan Wilde »

JFK Assassination Forum

Re: Who was the "agent" patrolman Joe Smith encountered behind grassy knoll?
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2019, 11:45:24 PM »

Online Royell Storing

Dallas police patrolman Joe Marshall Smith stated directly to the very respected,  Pulizer Prize  finalist journalist Anthony Summers that he definitely smelled gun smoke after Smith had already run completely past the Depository and was located at the back (north) side of the grassy knoll's North Pergola in Summers excellent book,  "Not in Your Lifetime." (the warren commission - deliberately - never chose  (nor wanted)  to ask patrolman Smith about his smelling gun smoke close to the grassy knoll, against-the-wind, far away from and dozens of feet below the Depository 'snipers lair')

There are 2 very specific references to patrolman Smith smelling the gun smoke, available for everyone on pages 27 and 36. (Royell must have forgotten reading about patrolman Smith soon smelling gun smoke close to the grassy knoll, or, he has not yet read this outstanding book, that I strongly recommend for everyone)

I have Not read the Summer's book. Why don't you post the Actual Officer Smith "gun smoke" quotes from pages 27 and 36 from that book? Thanks in advance for doing so.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 12:02:41 AM by Royell Storing »

Offline Tom Scully

..... (the warren commission - deliberately - never chose  (nor wanted)  to ask patrolman Smith about his smelling gun smoke close to the grassy knoll, against-the-wind, far away from and dozens of feet below the Depository 'snipers lair')

There are 2 very specific references to patrolman Smith smelling the gun smoke, available for everyone on pages 27 and 36. (Royell must have forgotten reading about patrolman Smith soon smelling gun smoke close to the grassy knoll, or, he has not yet read this outstanding book, that I strongly recommend for everyone)[/b]

Susan, a suggestion to improve your presentation....do not make it more complicated than the record indicates.....or present a controversy where
there is no indication there is one. IOW, I don't know you, except from what you post. Is your posted opinion that the WC deprived DPD Officer Joe Smith
the opportunity to state his full case as reasonable as my well supported presentation that Smith was given every opportunity to attest to what he
smelled and did not, but then added much later that he observed/smelled gunsmoke, when his claim was REASONABLY of much less weight?

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/smith_j1.htm
...Mr. LIEBELER. I don't think I have any more questions about the situation, unless you can think of something else that you might have seen or observed that day that I haven't asked you about, that you think the Commission should know.
Mr. SMITH. Sir, I just can't think of anything else.

Mr. LIEBELER. I want to thank you very much for coming over. I appreciate your cooperation.
Mr. SMITH. Yes, sir; thank you....

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/smith_j1.htm

....Mr. LIEBELER. While you were standing here and the motorcade went by, tell us what happened at that point.
Mr. SMITH. I heard the shots.
Mr. LIEBELER. Did you turn to watch the motorcade? Did you turn to watch the President as the motorcade went by?
Mr. SMITH. Yes, sir; I glanced around and was watching the crowd to make sure they stayed back out of the way of the motorcade, and also to make sure none of the cars started up or anything. Then I heard the shots, and I immediately proceeded from this point.
Mr. LIEBELER. Point 4 on Commission Exhibit No. 354?
Mr. SMITH. I started up toward this Book Depository after I heard the shots, and I didn't know where the shots came from. I had no idea, because it was such a ricochet.
Mr. LIEBELER. An echo effect?
Mr. SMITH. Yes, sir.; and this woman came up to me and she was just in hysterics. She told me, "They are shooting the President from the bushes." So I immediately proceeded up here.
Mr. LIEBELER. You proceeded up to an area immediately behind the concrete structure here that is described by Elm Street and the street that runs immediately in front of the Texas School Book Depository, is that right?
Mr. SMITH. I was checking all the bushes and I checked all the cars in the parking lot.
Mr. LIEBELER. There is a parking lot in behind this grassy area back from Elm Street toward the railroad tracks, and you went down to the parking lot and looked around?
Mr. SMITH. Yes, sir; I checked all the cars. I looked into all the cars and checked around the bushes. Of course, I wasn't alone. There was some deputy sheriff with me, and I believe one Secret Service man when I got there.
I got to make this statement, too. I felt awfully silly, but after the shot and this woman, I pulled my pistol from my holster, and I thought, this is silly, I don't know who I am looking for, and I put it back. Just as I did, he showed me that he was a Secret Service agent.
.....Mr. LIEBELER. Did you have any basis for believing where the shots came from, or where to look for somebody, other than what the lady told you?
Mr. SMITH. No, sir; except that maybe it was a power of suggestion.
But it sounded to me like they may have came from this vicinity here. .....

Contract on America: The Mafia Murder of President John F. Kennedy
By David E. Scheim
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 05:16:34 AM by Tom Scully »

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Tom Scully

There is No direct source sighted for DPD Smith smelling gun smoke. There is a lotta hear-say.

I have Not read the Summer's book. Why don't you post the Actual Officer Smith "gun smoke" quotes from pages 27 and 36 from that book? Thanks in advance for doing so.

Royell, I will go Susan, one better.... a more timely reference attributed to DPD Officer Joe Marshall Smith that he evidently could not summon
from memory during his actual WC testimony, seven months later.:

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=10672#relPageId=42
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 05:48:41 AM by Tom Scully »