Poll

Who was the, supposed, "Secret Service" identification-flashing "agent" that policeman Smith suddenly encountered within 1 to 2 minutes behind the grassy knoll picket fence?

An assassination conspirator accomplice, or assassin
U. S. Secret Service Special Agent Lem Johns
U. S. Defense Protective Services Special Agent-U. S. Army Sergeant James Powell

Users Currently Browsing This Topic:

Author Topic: Who was the "agent" patrolman Joe Smith encountered behind grassy knoll fence?  (Read 3377 times)

Online Royell Storing

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hi Royell,
even if he had ran straight for the fence and climbed over it, what would have been his motivation? The radio message to get up there and see what's going on is the only one I can think of because I see no one pointing that way and no evidence of anyone going in that direction before him.
Which film tells  you he was heading initially for the fence? I've never noticed that.

Good copies of the Bell Film and the Hughes Film will give you a view of the initial route UP the knoll taken by Officer Haygood. In the Hughes Film after Haygood emerges from behind the Fort Worth sign, you can even see an eyewitness in street clothes heading UP the knoll to the West/Left of The Steps. This sequence in both films was taken amidst the camera cars traveling down Elm St/East of the Triple Underpass, and is allegedly less than 1 minute following the assassination. This would be extremely early for any member of the general public to physically be on that section of the Knoll and moving UP toward the picket fence. I believe this eyewitness is a still unidentified Lone Wolf. As technology improves providing us with relatively Detailed JFK assassination films and photographs, the more it becomes obvious that many pieces to this puzzle are missing. 

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Susan Wilde

I see that in Powell's testimony that he  stated that,  at all times,  his "Minolta" 35mm camera was  clearly visible in plain view to anyone,  hanging by its camera strap around his neck.

Most likely/more than likely a 35mm camera hanging from and  motions-swinging from the neck of anyone  who was also  claiming to be a  "Secret Service Agent" is something that encountering witnesses would have also been  attracted to see, and would,  most  definitely, recall seeing.  A 35mm camera would have been  especially recalled by  trained law enforcement  professionals,  who during those especially anxious Dealey Plaza moments immediately after the shots were naturally professionally suspicious, and who witnessed a camera hanging/swinging from an "agent's" neck.

No  witnesses to any of the  "agents" that multiple witnesses  and multiple  professional law enforcement officers encountered between 12:30 PM and when Sorrels returned have ever stated that ANY, supposed, "Secret Service Agent" displayed a 35mm camera hanging/swinging from his neck,  nor has any witness ever said that the self-claiming,  "Secret Service" identification-flashing  grassy knoll "agent" was carrying a 35mm camera in his hands.

Offline Barry Pollard

Good copies of the Bell Film and the Hughes Film will give you a view of the initial route UP the knoll taken by Officer Haygood. In the Hughes Film after Haygood emerges from behind the Fort Worth sign, you can even see an eyewitness in street clothes heading UP the knoll to the West/Left of The Steps. This sequence in both films was taken amidst the camera cars traveling down Elm St/East of the Triple Underpass, and is allegedly less than 1 minute following the assassination. This would be extremely early for any member of the general public to physically be on that section of the Knoll and moving UP toward the picket fence. I believe this eyewitness is a still unidentified Lone Wolf. As technology improves providing us with relatively Detailed JFK assassination films and photographs, the more it becomes obvious that many pieces to this puzzle are missing.

Hughes yes, thanks, I see it, a couple seconds where he's moving, it's debatable. Would be nice to see it stabilized.
There's no one else up there before Haygood at least I don't see anyone except a tree trunk and there's no evidence of anyone pointing the way for him, Curry's order to get up there could well his only motivation, that and the unusual scene he came upon, strange that he would remember it another way but a cross examination may have helped jog his memory. If Curry gave that order within about 30s IMO Haygood's brave reaction syncs rather nicely, a real shame he didn't make that jump. Shooting happens in the last seconds of 12:30pm I think, Curry's message in 12:31pm, I also think it's about a minute for Haygood to reach the corner so almost 12:32pm(that is of course if you ignore the testimony and just focus on the film etc). Within 3mins he's on the radio talking about a witness who was stood near the TSBD, has to be Jackson.

Online Royell Storing

Hughes yes, thanks, I see it, a couple seconds where he's moving, it's debatable. Would be nice to see it stabilized.
There's no one else up there before Haygood at least I don't see anyone except a tree trunk and there's no evidence of anyone pointing the way for him, Curry's order to get up there could well his only motivation, that and the unusual scene he came upon, strange that he would remember it another way but a cross examination may have helped jog his memory. If Curry gave that order within about 30s IMO Haygood's brave reaction syncs rather nicely, a real shame he didn't make that jump. Shooting happens in the last seconds of 12:30pm I think, Curry's message in 12:31pm, I also think it's about a minute for Haygood to reach the corner so almost 12:32pm(that is of course if you ignore the testimony and just focus on the film etc). Within 3mins he's on the radio talking about a witness who was stood near the TSBD, has to be Jackson.

If Officer Haygood had initially intended to run directly toward the Triple Underpass/Railroad Yard after standing his motorcycle at the curb, he would have run Diagonally toward the Fort Worth Sign. This would have kept the Fort Worth sign between him and any possible shooter(s) atop the Triple Underpass/inside the railroad yard. Instead, Haygood for whatever reason went directly from his motorcycle Straight UP the Knoll & Directly toward the picket fence.
      I mention the eyewitness running Up the knoll/toward the Picket Fence at the same time that Haygood can be seen clearing the Fort Worth sign, due to this eyewitness corroborating the Statement Filed by SA Landis on 11/22/63. SA Landis was positioned on the (R) running board of the Queen Mary, and in his statement Landis said Before going under the Triple Underpass, he saw a black man in light green slacks and a beige shirt running across the Knoll in this same area.

Offline Susan Wilde

Another very  important fact with respect to Dallas police patrolman Joe Smith smelling the distinctive smell of  gun smoke right before his  encounter 1 to 2 minutes after the shots ended with the fake impostor  "Secret Service" credentials flashing  "agent"  west of the TSBD near the  grassy knoll  picket fence and North Pergola,  is that the wind was documented by the weather service and documented in DP photos of witnesses clothes as blowing  northeastward ;  the wind during the shots was  blowing  FROM  the Triple Overpass,  TOWARDS  the TSBD

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Royell Storing

Another very  important fact with respect to Dallas police patrolman Joe Smith smelling the distinctive smell of  gun smoke right before his  encounter 1 to 2 minutes after the shots ended with the fake impostor  "Secret Service" credentials flashing  "agent"  west of the TSBD near the  grassy knoll  picket fence and North Pergola,  is that the wind was documented by the weather service and documented in DP photos of witnesses clothes as blowing  northeastward ;  the wind during the shots was  blowing  FROM  the Triple Overpass,  TOWARDS  the TSBD

Just for the record, what is your source for DPD Officer Joe Smith  "smelling the distinctive smell of Gun Smoke"? I do Not recall a Gun Smoke claim being attributed to Smith.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 02:15:37 PM by Royell Storing »

Offline Steve Thomas

I have prior read the  outstanding  Lancer  referenced research article, and just read the  lonegunmanmyth  referenced research article.

Susan,

I once wrote an essay on the Dallas Police encounters with men they identified, or who were identified to them, as being Secret Service Agents. You can read it here if you're interested:
LINK DELETED: Links To websites which contain materials or links to materials which are unsuitable for viewing by minors is forbidden/topic/12084-secret-service-on-the-knoll-and-beyond/

Steve Thomas

Offline Jerry Freeman

Just for the record, what is your source for DPD Officer Joe Smith  "smelling the distinctive smell of Gun Smoke"? I do Not recall a Gun Smoke claim being attributed to Smith.
Here's one -
Patrolman J M Smith, who had been standing at the corner of Elm and Houston, in front of the Book Depository Building, said in a written report to Chief Curry, 'I heard the shots and thought they were coming from the bushes [at the wooden fence adjacent to the overpass]. Ronnie Dugger, editor of THE TEXAS OBSERVER, questioned Smith, and the officer told Dugger that he had gone directly to the area behind the fence. After his own on-the-spot investigation, Dugger observed, 'A man standing behind the fence, further shielded by cars in the parking lot behind him, might have had a clear shot at the President as his car began the run downhill on Elm Street toward the underpass'. Patrolman Smith ran into the area and, as he told Dugger, he 'caught the smell of gunpowder there' behind the wooden fence: 'I could tell it was in the air'.... When Smith was called before counsel for the Warren Commission to testify, he was not asked a single question about the fact that he had smelled gunpowder behind the fence although his statement to that effect had been quoted in the Texas publication....

LBJcarYarborough

Senator Ralph Yarborough also smelled gunpowder. While he awaited news of the President's condition at Parkland Hospital, he said, 'You could smell powder on our car nearly all the way here'. Dugger observed, 'Oswald and his rifle were reportedly six stories high and perhaps 75 yards behind the President's car at the time of the shooting. Yarborough was in the third car of the motorcade, with then Vice President and Mrs Johnson. Some officials questioned here in Dallas could not explain why Senator Yarborough would smell gunpowder.... Senator Yarborough was not called by the Warren Commission as a witness, nor was he questioned by counsel. Instead, the Commission secured from him a one-page affidavit, in which no reference was made to what he had said about smelling gunpowder. [See LBJ'S ORWELLIAN JFK FACECRIME]

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Royell Storing

Here's one -http://www.orwelltoday.com/jfkpicketfencesmithpoliceman.shtml

There is No direct source sighted for DPD Smith smelling gun smoke. There is a lotta hear-say.

Offline Jerry Freeman

There is No direct source sighted for DPD Smith smelling gun smoke. There is a lotta hear-say. 

The article 'attributes' the statement as requested demonstrating that the poster [Susan Wilde] did not just make up this claim. Everyone is dead now so there can not be any corroboration one way or the other.

JFK Assassination Forum