Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Roger Craig  (Read 101103 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Roger Craig
« Reply #136 on: March 26, 2020, 04:29:05 PM »
Advertisement
The old saying... Believe half of what you see and even less of what you hear.
The photo is the "6th floor rifle". I would not wager that there was not any other rifle in that building that day. I will never understand why a man would deliberately ruin his life based on what he said he saw and insisting upon it ceaselessly.
That he was just another nut is such a worn out platitude.

I would not wager that there was not any other rifle in that building that day.

I agree.....I suspect that there was in fact a Mauser in the TSBD that afternoon..... But Roger Craig never saw it.    And whether the suspected Mauser was connected in any way to the murder of JFK is completely unknown.....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #136 on: March 26, 2020, 04:29:05 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #137 on: March 26, 2020, 04:34:39 PM »
The old saying... Believe half of what you see and even less of what you hear.
The photo is the "6th floor rifle". I would not wager that there was not any other rifle in that building that day. I will never understand why a man would deliberately ruin his life based on what he said he saw and insisting upon it ceaselessly.
That he was just another nut is such a worn out platitude.

I will never understand why a man would deliberately ruin his life based on what he said he saw and insisting upon it ceaselessly.

Of course you'll never understand .....   Who knows how a mis-wired brain functions??     Roger Craig had a mental problem.....  and I doubt that even a psychiatrist could tell you why Roger Craig was ruining his life.

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #138 on: March 27, 2020, 02:54:37 PM »
If everybody is finished squawking out their backside about someone they had never met and only knew about from the diss posts they read...they might consider that--- if Roger Craig was so far off and so mental [as these mental clowns have been saying]...then why did it take Sheriff Bill Decker four years after the assassination to fire him?
I will provide the answer to this right now---
Penn Jones ..who certainly did not agree with the official story and therefor must have been [automatically by definition] mental also ---
started rocking the boat big time in this area.
Penn was very persuasive...and encouraged RC to join forces with those who had questions. The powers that were had Decker fire Craig and discredit him regardless of the officer's otherwise unblemished public service.
Who here can attest to anything Roger Craig did that was out of line in his conduct as a deputy sheriff?
So there was a daughter that said Roger Craig was crazy. How do we know that she wasn't?
Craig said it was a Mauser...so did two other deputy sheriffs and a homicide captain. One of them [Weitzman] described a '7.65 caliber' why was that so specifically stated?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #138 on: March 27, 2020, 02:54:37 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #139 on: March 27, 2020, 03:36:14 PM »
If everybody is finished squawking out their backside about someone they had never met and only knew about from the diss posts they read...they might consider that--- if Roger Craig was so far off and so mental [as these mental clowns have been saying]...then why did it take Sheriff Bill Decker four years after the assassination to fire him?
Penn Jones ..who certainly did not agree with the official story and therefor must have been [automatically by definition] mental also ---
Penn was very persuasive...and encouraged RC to join forces with those who had questions. The powers that were had Decker fire Craig and discredit him regardless of the officer's otherwise unblemished public service.
Who here can attest to anything Roger Craig did that was out of line in his conduct as a deputy sheriff?
So there was a daughter that said Roger Craig was crazy. How do we know that she wasn't?
Craig said it was a Mauser...so did two other deputy sheriffs and a homicide captain. One of them [Weitzman] described a '7.65 caliber' why was that so specifically stated?

Jerry,   I value your input and contributions to the forum, and I consider you a friend....  Therefore I'm disappointed that you accept Roger Craig's tales as the truth.

IMO you're nailing one of your feet to the floor and trying advance .....  IOW you're handicapping yourself in believing that the rifle that Weitzman and Boone discovered was a Mauser.....

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #140 on: March 27, 2020, 03:40:43 PM »

Jerry, readers deserve to be informed of the following.....

Roger Craig was given a job in New Orleans by multi-millionaire Willard Robertson. Roger quit that job, knowing his employment options back in Dallas, by his own claims, were slim to none.
He was also claiming he felt physically unsafe in Dallas. He claimed he quit his job as personnel manager at Robertson's regional Volkswagen distributorship because he believed he was not giving Mr. Robertson
his money's worth! I describe below that Roger next moved his family in with his in-laws, after making the effort and expense to uproot his family out of NOLA and move them back to Dallas?

Consider that this behavior is in synch with Mary Ferrell saying he was offered a job by her husband, but did not want to work.

Consider how different your opinions of Roger Craig and Penn Jones are from mine. I attempt to support my opinions with facts, even though I certainly wish Roger Craig and Penn Jones were consistent sources.

The guy was out of work and had a family to support. What was his primary concern?..... He'd rather starve, or in his case, relocate to mooch off of his in-laws.
Craig even seemed to miss the point of what a personnel manager does, investigate the backgrounds of prospective hires to protect the business and identify
who was likely a threat vs who likely was a contributor to growth and reputation of a customer service driven company.
...Unfortunately, after about a month I realized that I was not doing anything but going in to the office and coming home?nothing in between. Although I appreciated Jim Garrison recommending me for the job, I knew by this time that he had done this because he was concerned about my safety and wanted me out of Dallas. Because this company did not really need a Personnel Manager and I couldn?t take the money for a job I was not doing, I submitted my resignation to Mr. Robertson and my family and I returned to Dallas.

We arrived back in Dallas on a cold and snowy seventh of January, 1968, and moved in with Molly?s parents as we had very little money and nowhere to stay. The next few days I spent looking for work. I tried every ad and every lead I could find. ...

Penn Jones was the Donald Trump of his days, a shameless promoter attempting to make a living from an inadequate business platform, a newspaper in a geographical area too small to generate adequate revenue from its advertising base. Fact checking was never Penn Jones's SOP !

Ask Eddy Benavides or "Jack Zangretti "..... not saying Penn Jones was always unreliable. I'm saying he was very flawed because his primary motive may have been pursuing money and attention.
Compare Penn Jones to Harold Weissberg, as far as overall accuracy and pursuit of money and attention, vs investigating what actually happened and reporting about it.

http://archive.newsok.com/olive/apa/oklahoman/get/pdf.ashx?pdf=Q%2FfgObTGN3TVs%2FBbg3tfCWM%3D

Contrary to claims Penn Jones made about "Jack" Zangretti, the actual person Jones UNDOUBTEDLY described and published about in his newspaper, newsletters, and book(s), did not die in 1963.....
Zanghetti was a long time dyin' .... more than eleven years, by the actual, facts supported look of it!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 04:39:23 PM by Tom Scully »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #140 on: March 27, 2020, 03:40:43 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #141 on: March 27, 2020, 04:55:11 PM »
  Therefore I'm disappointed that you accept Roger Craig's tales as the truth. IOW you're handicapping yourself in believing that the rifle that Weitzman and Boone discovered was a Mauser.....
I don't believe I ever stated that I thought [one way or another] the rifle was indeed a Mauser. Or ...did I say that I accept anyone's tall tales....the tallest told by the likes of Henry Wade [who I still  loathe after death for my own personal reasons] or J E Hoover [who was probably the most dangerous person this country ever had] or LBJ [maybe the 2nd most]
What 'tale' did Craig tell in his testimony?
He relayed the accounts of Arnold Rowland who testified that he saw a man with a rifle and another guy standing beside him some 15 minutes before the shooting.
That would indicate the probability that there was at least another rifle besides the Carcano that was ultimately produced.
Boone, Weitzman, and Fritz were all in on the Mauser. If a switcheroo did take place, that meant that they all tucked tail and rolled over for Hoover and Johnson. They are all dead now-----------
At this point...no one will ever know for absolutely sure.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #142 on: March 27, 2020, 08:00:00 PM »
I don't believe I ever stated that I thought [one way or another] the rifle was indeed a Mauser. Or ...did I say that I accept anyone's tall tales....the tallest told by the likes of Henry Wade [who I still  loathe after death for my own personal reasons] or J E Hoover [who was probably the most dangerous person this country ever had] or LBJ [maybe the 2nd most]
He relayed the accounts of Arnold Rowland who testified that he saw a man with a rifle and another guy standing beside him some 15 minutes before the shooting.
That would indicate the probability that there was at least another rifle besides the Carcano that was ultimately produced.
Boone, Weitzman, and Fritz were all in on the Mauser. If a switcheroo did take place, that meant that they all tucked tail and rolled over for Hoover and Johnson. They are all dead now-----------
At this point...no one will ever know for absolutely sure.

In His warren commission testimony, Craig said that he was there on the sixth floor when the spent shells were discovered..... and he heard Mooney call out that he had found evidence of the place where the shots had been fired from.

The spent shells were found by Luke Mooney at about 1:05 pm.....  Roger was NOT on the sixth floor at that time....He arrived with the flashlights from the Sheriff's
office at around 1:15 / 1:20  ......

Q: Officer Craig, were you able to observe the location that the rifle was found in?
A: Yes.
Q: Where was that?
A: In the northeast corner of the sixth floor there was a stack of boxes approximately five fee high and they were stacked in a square and in the middle of the square was a hole and the rifle was in this hole.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 08:11:46 PM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #142 on: March 27, 2020, 08:00:00 PM »

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #143 on: March 27, 2020, 08:24:53 PM »

In His warren commission testimony, Craig said that he was there on the sixth floor when the spent shells were discovered..... and he heard Mooney call out that he had found evidence of the place where the shots had been fired from.

The spent shells were found by Luke Mooney at about 1:05 pm.....  Roger was NOT on the sixth floor at that time....He arrived with the flashlights from the Sheriff's
office at around 1:15 / 1:20  ......

Q: Officer Craig, were you able to observe the location that the rifle was found in?
A: Yes.
Q: Where was that?
A: In the northeast corner of the sixth floor there was a stack of boxes approximately five fee high and they were stacked in a square and in the middle of the square was a hole and the rifle was in this hole.

"The spent shells were found by Luke Mooney at about 1:05 pm.....

If you decipher the 1st day "supplemental investigation reports" from Dallas Sheriff's Department below, they found the shells and the rifle,

you'll see the shells were discovered at 1:12pm and the rifle 10 minutes later at 1:22pm.