Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Roger Craig  (Read 101102 times)

Offline Jerry Freeman

Re: Roger Craig
« Reply #128 on: December 12, 2019, 11:00:44 PM »
Advertisement
Was played threads ago. Happens redundantly.
It starts up every time someone posts Craig's name.
It has nothing to do with anything.
https://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php/topic,948.msg20973.html#msg20973
 http://www.conspiracybomb.com/killapresident.htm

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #128 on: December 12, 2019, 11:00:44 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #129 on: December 14, 2019, 05:00:03 PM »
https://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php/topic,948.msg20973.html#msg20973
 http://www.conspiracybomb.com/killapresident.htm

Jerry, It's unfortunate that you accept Roger Craig's story as the gospel ....

I believe Roger Craig was an honest man with honorable intentions....  But he was a bit "off key" in singing his song.

I don't know why he insisted on embellishing his tale of seeing a mauser being examined by Detective's Day and Fritz.   He could not have seen a Mauser because there is photographic proof that the rifle being examined by the detectives is a Model 91 /38 Mannlicher Carcano short rifle. 

It's a real shame that Roger Craig's ego would not allow him to admit an error......

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #130 on: December 14, 2019, 05:30:14 PM »
Jerry, It's unfortunate that you accept Roger Craig's story as the gospel ....I believe Roger Craig was an honest man with honorable intentions....  But he was a bit "off key" in singing his song. I don't know why he insisted on embellishing his tale of seeing a mauser being examined by Detective's Day and Fritz.   He could not have seen a Mauser because there is photographic proof that the rifle being examined by the detectives is a Model 91 /38 Mannlicher Carcano short rifle. It's a real shame that Roger Craig's ego would not allow him to admit an error..
The old saying... Believe half of what you see and even less of what you hear.
The photo is the "6th floor rifle". I would not wager that there was not any other rifle in that building that day. I will never understand why a man would deliberately ruin his life based on what he said he saw and insisting upon it ceaselessly.
That he was just another nut is such a worn out platitude.   

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #130 on: December 14, 2019, 05:30:14 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #131 on: December 15, 2019, 01:51:37 AM »
The old saying... Believe half of what you see and even less of what you hear.
The photo is the "6th floor rifle". I would not wager that there was not any other rifle in that building that day. I will never understand why a man would deliberately ruin his life based on what he said he saw and insisting upon it ceaselessly.
That he was just another nut is such a worn out platitude.

I will never understand why a man would deliberately ruin his life based on what he said he saw and insisting upon it ceaselessly.

I doubt that you are able understand....   Not many rational folks can understand the irrational.

I would guess Craig had people who were encouraging him to stick to his story...   Craig absolutely knew that the Dallas Law authorities were involved in the murder of JFK, and he was trying to expose them.... But unfortunately he also had a gargantuan ego and a mental problem that destroyed his credibility.

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #132 on: December 15, 2019, 02:38:11 AM »
I will never understand why a man would deliberately ruin his life based on what he said he saw and insisting upon it ceaselessly.

I doubt that you are able understand....   Not many rational folks can understand the irrational.

I would guess Craig had people who were encouraging him to stick to his story...   Craig absolutely knew that the Dallas Law authorities were involved in the murder of JFK, and he was trying to expose them.... But unfortunately he also had a gargantuan ego and a mental problem that destroyed his credibility.

The guy was out of work and had a family to support. What was his primary concern?..... He'd rather starve, or in his case, relocate to mooch off of his in-laws.
Craig even seemed to miss the point of what a personnel manager does, investigate the backgrounds of prospective hires to protect the business and identify
who was likely a threat vs who likely was a contributor to growth and reputation of a customer service driven company.
https://www.ratical.org/ratville/JFK/WTKaP.html
When They Kill A President
By Roger Craig

....My family and I made the trip to New Orleans, where I was interviewed by Willard Robertson, the owner of the company. Mr. Robertson told me he was looking for a Personnel Manager and because of my background of dealing with the public he hired me. After a long trip back to Dallas where we gathered up our meager belongings we moved to New Orleans and I felt good?I was working again!

We had been there but a few days when all of our neighbors and half the people where I was working knew who I was. This was due to the newspaper and television coverage of Jim Garrison?s probe into the assassination. Again came the never-ending questions, which I did not mind because outside of Dallas people were sincerely interested and I certainly did not mind doing what I could to clear up any doubts they had. The people at the office treated me very well.

Unfortunately, after about a month I realized that I was not doing anything but going in to the office and coming home?nothing in between. Although I appreciated Jim Garrison recommending me for the job, I knew by this time that he had done this because he was concerned about my safety and wanted me out of Dallas. Because this company did not really need a Personnel Manager and I couldn?t take the money for a job I was not doing, I submitted my resignation to Mr. Robertson and my family and I returned to Dallas.

We arrived back in Dallas on a cold and snowy seventh of January, 1968, and moved in with Molly?s parents as we had very little money and nowhere to stay. The next few days I spent looking for work. I tried every ad and every lead I could find. The people who interviewed me always seemed interested but like all companies, they wanted to check out my references. When I failed to receive any results from my efforts, I called some of the places where I had placed applications to see what was wrong. I always received the same answer, ?the position had been filled.? Finally, I decided something was wrong and I suspected one employment reference, Bill Decker. I had a friend write Decker asking for an employment reference?he never received an answer! ...

https://jfkfacts.org/fact-check-was-a-mauser-found-in-the-texas-school-book-depository/#comment-21104
Paul May  April 9, 2013 at 5:04 pm
Leslie, no doubt you are familiar with Mary Ferrell. Mary had a relationship of sorts with ... Craig. Here is what Mary had to say:

I knew Roger Craig for several years before his death. It is my belief
that Roger was a very sick young man. He had made a name for himself as a
very promising young law enforcement officer. When he came forward with
some of the “stories” he told following the events of that November
weekend, he believed that he would be offered a great deal of money and,
possibly, speaking engagements. I am very sorry to say that I am one of
the few conspiracy nuts who never believed Roger Craig. When Roger made a number of speeches about the fact that “they” prevented him from getting a job, I talked my husband into giving him a job. Roger
did not want to work. He wanted people to give him money because he had
“seen something or other.”
I have made enemies because I have continued to say that I have never
really believed him.
Mary Ferrell

I had the opportunity to chat with Mary several times before her untimely death. Craig came up several times in conversation. Mary sounded almost embarrassed by Craig’s activities.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 02:54:27 AM by Tom Scully »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #132 on: December 15, 2019, 02:38:11 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #133 on: December 17, 2019, 05:52:24 PM »
The guy was out of work and had a family to support. What was his primary concern?..... He'd rather starve, or in his case, relocate to mooch off of his in-laws.
Craig even seemed to miss the point of what a personnel manager does, investigate the backgrounds of prospective hires to protect the business and identify
who was likely a threat vs who likely was a contributor to growth and reputation of a customer service driven company.

I had the opportunity to chat with Mary several times before her untimely death. Craig came up several times in conversation. Mary sounded almost embarrassed by Craig’s activities.

Mary was an unusually intelligent and perceptive lady....   She could see through Roger Craig's shenanigan's ...... 

Offline Gerry Down

« Reply #134 on: March 26, 2020, 03:55:37 AM »

Mary was an unusually intelligent and perceptive lady....   She could see through Roger Craig's shenanigan's ......

You've got to feel for Roger Craig. Made a fool of himself in front of his colleagues. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #134 on: March 26, 2020, 03:55:37 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #135 on: March 26, 2020, 04:05:57 PM »
I'm not sure which man you're referring to.

I haven't drawn any portrait of Roger Craig. I think he was wrong about Saint Patsy scrambling down the knoll and leaving in the Rambler. I have sympathy for his apparent mental problems later in life. I certainly don't think he was any kind of martyr though.

If you're talking abt Reitzes, I think Dave has done some very good investigative work and is quite articulate. I just think his conclusion of a conspiracy is completely wrong.

It's not difficult to prove that Roger Craig had a mental problem. He was a liar, who would make up things to support something that may or may not have been true.

IOW....Craig would embroidery a vague or unproven event.    And by embroidering he could convince the unwary that what he was saying was the gospel truth.

As an example, Craig said that he saw 7.65 Mauser stamped "right there on the barrel of the rifle" as Captain Fritz and Detective Day were examing the rifle.

This bit of embroidering ( lying)  sounds very convincing.....However there are photos that show that Craig was not anywhere close to Captain  fritz and Lt Day while they were examining the rifle....     Then later Craig said that they Mauser was found later that afternoon on the roof of the TSBD.....  Now wait jest a damned minute Roger.....You've already said that the rifle had 7.65 Mauser stamped right there on the barrel when Fritz and Day were examining it at about 1:50 pm .....and you left the TSBD shortly after that so you couldn't have been referring to the imaginary mauser that was found on the roof.