Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Roger Craig  (Read 101148 times)

Offline Nicholas Turner

Re: Roger Craig
« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2018, 09:40:32 PM »
Advertisement
Whaley told the WC that he didn't keep accurate times

Nick....You would be doing yourself a big favor if you refrain from using information that you obtain from LBJ's Special Select Blue Ribbon Cover Up Committee

Whaley said that he arrived at the Bus Station at about 12:30 and he confirmed that time by KNOWING the distances and travel times between various points in Dallas by rote.    He KNEW what time he'd been at various sites in Dallas and he knew how long it took to travel between points....( he's been transporting passengers between points for years)

Where did he say that please? I watched an interview with him saying what he said to the WC.

LBJ's Special Blue Ribbon Cover Up Committee would like us to believe that Whaley didn't know precisely what time He arrived at the Bus Station.....But it is a fact that he knew he'd arrived at 12:25 and his passenger who was dressed on BLUE twill clothing ( Jacket and trousers) entered his cab at about 12:30.

He described a brown shirt with t shirt underneath too.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2018, 09:40:32 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #65 on: September 18, 2018, 10:00:56 PM »
Whaley claimed that he rounded his times to the nearest 15 minutes.  Not only do the other entries on the timesheet belie this claim, but even if that was true then he would have put 12:45, not 12:30.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #66 on: September 18, 2018, 10:06:10 PM »
He described a brown shirt with t shirt underneath too.

He said "a brown shirt with a little silverlike stripe on it AND he had on some kind of jacket".

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #66 on: September 18, 2018, 10:06:10 PM »

Offline Nicholas Turner

« Reply #67 on: September 18, 2018, 10:17:22 PM »
Whaley claimed that he rounded his times to the nearest 15 minutes.  Not only do the other entries on the timesheet belie this claim, but even if that was true then he would have put 12:45, not 12:30.

He said 'I think it is marked 12:30 to 12:45. Now that could have been 10 minutes off in each direction because I didn't use a watch, I just guess, in other words, all my trips are marked about 15 minutes each.'

If this is true it doesn't seem a good idea to use a timing argument against the passenger being Oswald. Do you agree?

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #68 on: September 18, 2018, 10:30:31 PM »
He said 'I think it is marked 12:30 to 12:45. Now that could have been 10 minutes off in each direction because I didn't use a watch, I just guess, in other words, all my trips are marked about 15 minutes each.'

The official story has Oswald entering the cab at 12:46.  "10 minutes off in each direction" doesn't get you to 12:30 either.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #68 on: September 18, 2018, 10:30:31 PM »

Offline Nicholas Turner

« Reply #69 on: September 18, 2018, 10:33:25 PM »
The official story has Oswald entering the cab at 12:46.  "10 minutes off in each direction" doesn't get you to 12:30 either.

True, but do you agree it isn't a good idea to use timing arguments when someone says they don't wear a watch and guess the times?

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #70 on: September 18, 2018, 10:37:33 PM »
True, but do you agree it isn't a good idea to use timing arguments when someone says they don't wear a watch and guess the times?

Maybe.  But what if he gets the time wrong, the description wrong, the clothing wrong, the drop off point wrong, and the position in the lineup wrong?  At what point do you just decide he's unreliable?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #70 on: September 18, 2018, 10:37:33 PM »

Offline Nicholas Turner

« Reply #71 on: September 18, 2018, 10:45:42 PM »
Maybe.  But what if he gets the time wrong, the description wrong, the clothing wrong, the drop off point wrong, and the position in the lineup wrong?  At what point do you just decide he's unreliable?

I agree if every detail can be shown to be wrong then you have to decide someone is unreliable. Could we go through the other points  - starting with the clothes - then maybe we could agree on what we think about his evidence. You say the clothing was wrong. He does mention a brown shirt and T-shirt underneath, which I believe is correct, yes? Faded blue trousers - I think we talked about what colour trousers Oswald wore to work that day but don't think we were sure, is that correct. Was it a blue jacket which he said which is the biggest problem?