Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Roger Craig  (Read 101098 times)

Offline Howard Gee

Re: Roger Craig
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2018, 03:42:44 AM »
Advertisement
This is why I question everything produced by the LNers.

What year did Benavides die ?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2018, 03:42:44 AM »

Online Jerry Organ

« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2018, 03:59:58 AM »
What year did Benavides die ?

Caprio once wrote that the car Johnson was riding in was a sedan.

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2018, 06:40:57 AM »
I've been doing some research on Michelle Palmer.  Her mother Mollie (Molly) Humphreys was married to Roger Craig until they divorced in 1973, but the Texas Birth Index shows Michelle's father as Jetty Andy Hahn, not Roger Craig.  There is no birth record at all for a "Deanna Craig".  Michelle was born in 1963 and was 10 when her mother divorced Roger Craig.

So if that were true, who are the following kids he referred to in his WC testimony?

Mr. BELIN - Are you married?
Mr. CRAIG - Yes.
Mr. BELIN - Family?
Mr. CRAIG - Yes; I have a girl and a boy and a stepboy.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2018, 06:40:57 AM »

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2018, 04:15:24 PM »
Roger Craig is a salve for those who are attracted to unverified, unverifiable BS that make his boosters look desperate. Who do
you expect would be persuaded by anything Craig claimed who was not already all in on the Mauser switch suspicion and the Oswald
exit transport from the TSBD in a mysterious car driven by a mysterious, unidentified person?

A guy with a family to feed would not act like he did not actually want to work. Why then, did Dallas Sheriff hire Craig's son?

https://www.ratical.org/ratville/JFK/WTKaP.html
When They Kill A President
By Roger Craig

....My family and I made the trip to New Orleans, where I was interviewed by Willard Robertson, the owner of the company. Mr. Robertson told me he was looking for a Personnel Manager and because of my background of dealing with the public he hired me. After a long trip back to Dallas where we gathered up our meager belongings we moved to New Orleans and I felt good?I was working again!

We had been there but a few days when all of our neighbors and half the people where I was working knew who I was. This was due to the newspaper and television coverage of Jim Garrison?s probe into the assassination. Again came the never-ending questions, which I did not mind because outside of Dallas people were sincerely interested and I certainly did not mind doing what I could to clear up any doubts they had. The people at the office treated me very well.

Unfortunately, after about a month I realized that I was not doing anything but going in to the office and coming home?nothing in between. Although I appreciated Jim Garrison recommending me for the job, I knew by this time that he had done this because he was concerned about my safety and wanted me out of Dallas. Because this company did not really need a Personnel Manager and I couldn?t take the money for a job I was not doing, I submitted my resignation to Mr. Robertson and my family and I returned to Dallas.

We arrived back in Dallas on a cold and snowy seventh of January, 1968, and moved in with Molly?s parents as we had very little money and nowhere to stay. The next few days I spent looking for work. I tried every ad and every lead I could find. The people who interviewed me always seemed interested but like all companies, they wanted to check out my references. When I failed to receive any results from my efforts, I called some of the places where I had placed applications to see what was wrong. I always received the same answer, ?the position had been filled.? Finally, I decided something was wrong and I suspected one employment reference, Bill Decker. I had a friend write Decker asking for an employment reference?he never received an answer! ...

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2018, 04:44:55 PM »
OK. What about this:

"TIME: 8/24 1:25 PM
TO: BILL AMBROSINO
SUBJECT: JFK-CIA EXPERTISE
I knew Roger Craig for several years before his death. It is my belief that Roger was a very sick young man. He had made a name for himself as a very promising young law enforcement officer. When he came forward with some of the 'stories' he told following the events of that November weekend, he believed that he would be offered a great deal of money and, possibly, speaking engagements. I am very sorry to say that I am one of the few conspiracy nuts who never believed Roger Craig.

When Roger made a number of speeches about the fact that 'they' prevented him from getting a job, I talked my husband into giving him a job. Roger did not want to work. He wanted people to give him money because he had 'seen something or other.'"

Or, how about Weisberg's opinion of Craig: "Roger Craig may be a brave guy and all of that, but he is also full of what is generally reserved for toilets."

I said "facts" not more gossip and armchair psychoanalysis.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2018, 04:44:55 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2018, 04:49:04 PM »
Pretty sure my post came directly after Tom's, maybe on the same page. I think I even took a screen shot of both as soon as you started your petty little rant.

Now who's twisting things?  What "rant"?  I merely and correctly pointed out that you posted yet another cut-and-pasted paragraph and did not provide any source attribution.

That's not even an attack.  But your defensive posturing and attempts to make it all about me sure are.

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2018, 12:16:39 AM »
So if that were true, who are the following kids he referred to in his WC testimony?

Mr. BELIN - Are you married?
Mr. CRAIG - Yes.
Mr. BELIN - Family?
Mr. CRAIG - Yes; I have a girl and a boy and a stepboy.

Thanks to Mr Scully's pointing out that Craig mentions his family in "When They Kill A President," we already know the names of his kids.

"I worked twelve hours a day and Molly did all of the washing, ironing, cooking and cleaning?in addition to caring for Terry, Deanna and Roger Jr. "

Roger, Jr, is obviously RC's son and Deanna has to be his daughter, leaving Terry as the "stepboy." BTW, Craig's, er, memoir and the divorce records both render his wife's name as "Molly." I figure he would know, and the state would require, the proper spelling of her legal name.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2018, 12:16:39 AM »

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2018, 12:30:52 AM »
I said "facts" not more gossip and armchair psychoanalysis.

"Gossip" and "Armchair" imply indirect acquaintance. Both Ferrell and Weisberg knew him firsthand:

"I have met Roger, and he is a fine looking, clean-cut kind of guy who appears to be truthful, serious and all that [...]  He does not impress me as the kind of guy who is out to make trouble. But he is"

"I knew Roger Craig for several years before his death. [...] When Roger made a number of speeches about the fact that 'they' prevented him from getting a job, I talked my husband into giving him a job. Roger did not want to work."

And, you don't have to be Sigmund Freud to note that someone's story changes in contradictory ways, or that they are simply lazy.