Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Roger Craig  (Read 102915 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: Roger Craig
« Reply #576 on: April 15, 2022, 11:00:59 PM »
Advertisement
As I say, the rest of Alyea's footage concerning the rifle follows it through to Day dusting the rifle at which point it is possible to make out it is a rifle indistinguishable from the MC.

"Indistinguishable" in a poor quality video isn't saying much.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #576 on: April 15, 2022, 11:00:59 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #577 on: April 15, 2022, 11:07:54 PM »
I hope, John, the last few posts have eased your concerns regarding the MC.
You seemed to be unaware that the MC was filmed by Alyea from it's discovery until a point where it could be easily identified as an MC (Day dusting it for prints)

It now becomes clear that Boone and Weitzman were simply mistaken about the Mauser identification, it happens. Craig, stating that he saw"Mauser" stamped right on the barrel, does not put him in a great light, although I would like to believe he was lying for the right reasons.

You make the strange point - "we don't know that exactly one rifle was found".
Is this just some kind of philosophical point or are you referring to something evidence based, that there is something in the evidence that indicates more than one rifle was found?

I think we can safely say the Mauser debate is wrapped up  Thumb1:

I don't agree with "easily identified" or that this somehow precludes a Mauser being found in the building, nor do I agree with "clear that Boone and Weitzman were simply mistaken" or that you can know that Craig "was lying".
« Last Edit: April 15, 2022, 11:09:28 PM by John Iacoletti »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #578 on: April 15, 2022, 11:36:49 PM »
I don't agree with "easily identified" or that this somehow precludes a Mauser being found in the building, nor do I agree with "clear that Boone and Weitzman were simply mistaken" or that you can know that Craig "was lying".

I'm disappointed that you would continue to argue that the rifle that was found isn't "easily identified" as a model 91/38 Mannlicher Carcano short rifle.

I know that you've seen the video of detective JC Day dusting the rifle looking for finger prints. Alyea shot that footage just minutes after the rifle was pulled from beneath the boxes of books....  That film clearly shows that the rifle is a carcano.   

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #578 on: April 15, 2022, 11:36:49 PM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #579 on: April 16, 2022, 01:49:49 AM »
J.C. Day:  "6.5 Made Italy"

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #580 on: April 16, 2022, 01:55:46 AM »
J.C. Day:  "6.5 Made Italy"

Did JC Day add any other information about the rifle?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #580 on: April 16, 2022, 01:55:46 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #581 on: April 17, 2022, 11:04:04 PM »
I'm disappointed that you would continue to argue that the rifle that was found isn't "easily identified" as a model 91/38 Mannlicher Carcano short rifle.

I know that you've seen the video of detective JC Day dusting the rifle looking for finger prints. Alyea shot that footage just minutes after the rifle was pulled from beneath the boxes of books....  That film clearly shows that the rifle is a carcano.

Walt, everybody thinks his own subjective opinion is “clearly shown” in blurry photos and videos. That’s not an impressive argument. How many snipers has one poster here said are “clearly shown” in the Z film?

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #582 on: April 18, 2022, 03:11:22 AM »
Walt, everybody thinks his own subjective opinion is “clearly shown” in blurry photos and videos. That’s not an impressive argument. How many snipers has one poster here said are “clearly shown” in the Z film?

John, I readily agree that some folks claim to see all kinds of images in photos.....however in the case of identifying  the rifle there is NOTHING left to the imagination about the rifle in detective JC Day's hands as he dusts the rifle for prints, and carries it from the TSBD....   The phots clearly show that the rifle is a carcano. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #582 on: April 18, 2022, 03:11:22 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #583 on: April 18, 2022, 03:15:52 AM »
How do you know the rifle being carried outside is the same one Alyea filmed? Or the only one found?