Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Roger Craig  (Read 103127 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Roger Craig
« Reply #568 on: April 13, 2022, 02:05:54 AM »
Advertisement
This is from Alyea's account of finding the rifle:

Shortly after we arrived back on the 6th floor, Deputy Eugene Boone located the assassin's rifle almost completely hidden by some overhanging boxes near the stairwell. I filmed it as it was found. In my shot, the figure of Captain Fritz is standing within the enclosure next to the rifle.

He is present when the rifle is found and filmed Fritz walking into the rifle "enclosure", standing next to the rifle. There is footage of this below. As you say, the Alyea film is very poor quality but it is a record of the discovery of the rifle, Studebaker taking pics of it, Day retrieving it from it's "hiding place", examining it with Fritz then dusting it for prints.
The clip below shows Fritz walking into the enclosure as Alyea describes. The image is poor quality but by his feet it is possible to make out the butt of a rifle in an upright position:

As I say, the rest of Alyea's footage concerning the rifle follows it through to Day dusting the rifle at which point it is possible to make out it is a rifle indistinguishable from the MC.

"  In my shot"   Alyea refers to a single shot....And the footage seems to show the sequence of Captain Fritz's movements backwards....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #568 on: April 13, 2022, 02:05:54 AM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #569 on: April 13, 2022, 02:17:39 AM »

"  In my shot"   Alyea refers to a single shot....And the footage seems to show the sequence of Captain Fritz's movements backwards....

The point is that Alyea appears to have filmed the rifle from it's discovery until we see Day dusting it for prints, at which point it is possible to recognise the rifle is not a Mauser but a Mannlicher Carcano.
This should be the end of the "Mauser" debate but I doubt it will be.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #570 on: April 13, 2022, 05:39:18 AM »
The point is that Alyea appears to have filmed the rifle from it's discovery until we see Day dusting it for prints, at which point it is possible to recognise the rifle is not a Mauser but a Mannlicher Carcano.

I'm not convinced that all of the footage attributed to Tom Alyea was actually taken by Alyea....  It looks to me like some of the footage was spliced into Alyeas film....

Yes, you're undoubtedly right....  Because there are those who are simply idiots....and there are those who benefit by the continual repeating of disinformation....  ( the authorities )

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #570 on: April 13, 2022, 05:39:18 AM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #571 on: April 13, 2022, 11:09:25 PM »
- the existing Alyea footage is blurry and lacking in identification detail

BS:

JohnM

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #572 on: April 14, 2022, 10:40:46 AM »

Hi Bill, I made that Gif yonks ago and it could be better, so here you go!

JohnM

« Last Edit: April 14, 2022, 11:29:01 PM by John Mytton »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #572 on: April 14, 2022, 10:40:46 AM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #573 on: April 14, 2022, 11:05:07 AM »
Several reasons:

- the accounts by Boone, Weitzman, and Craig
- the existing Alyea footage doesn't necessarily show the moment of discovery. At least the box that was allegedly over the top had already been moved.
- the existing Alyea footage is blurry and lacking in identification detail
- we don't know that exactly one rifle was found
- we don't know what did not get captured in the existing footage

I hope, John, the last few posts have eased your concerns regarding the MC.
You seemed to be unaware that the MC was filmed by Alyea from it's discovery until a point where it could be easily identified as an MC (Day dusting it for prints)
It now becomes clear that Boone and Weitzman were simply mistaken about the Mauser identification, it happens. Craig, stating that he saw"Mauser" stamped right on the barrel, does not put him in a great light, although I would like to believe he was lying for the right reasons.

You make the strange point - "we don't know that exactly one rifle was found".
Is this just some kind of philosophical point or are you referring to something evidence based, that there is something in the evidence that indicates more than one rifle was found?

I think we can safely say the Mauser debate is wrapped up  Thumb1:

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #574 on: April 14, 2022, 06:44:06 PM »
I hope, John, the last few posts have eased your concerns regarding the MC.
You seemed to be unaware that the MC was filmed by Alyea from it's discovery until a point where it could be easily identified as an MC (Day dusting it for prints)
It now becomes clear that Boone and Weitzman were simply mistaken about the Mauser identification, it happens. Craig, stating that he saw"Mauser" stamped right on the barrel, does not put him in a great light, although I would like to believe he was lying for the right reasons.

You make the strange point - "we don't know that exactly one rifle was found".
Is this just some kind of philosophical point or are you referring to something evidence based, that there is something in the evidence that indicates more than one rifle was found?

You're an optimist Danny.....  I certainly wish that the Mauser BS is "wrapped up", But as long as the government   disinformation agents can continue to feed that BS to the gullible it will continue to pop up.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #574 on: April 14, 2022, 06:44:06 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #575 on: April 14, 2022, 09:44:09 PM »

You're an optimist Danny.....  I certainly wish that the Mauser BS is "wrapped up", But as long as the government   disinformation agents can continue to feed that BS to the gullible it will continue to pop up.

WHO??.... in the world would actually believe that the rifle found buried beneath the pallet of books was a MAUSER?..    There are dozens of photos that were taken of the rifle on the afternoon of 11-22-63and there can be no doubt that the rifle was a Carcano.....