Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Roger Craig  (Read 103694 times)

Online Dan O'meara

Re: Roger Craig
« Reply #536 on: October 06, 2021, 10:35:52 AM »
Advertisement
I've already told you I'm very familiar with the carcano....And those white spots are NOT the butt plate screws of a carcano...And since you posted the photo of the butt of a carcano, you should also know that those bright spots are not the butt plate screws of a carcano.

You're not familiar with the Mannlicher at all.
In a previous post you stated that the butt plate was 4 inches long and that the screws were no more than 2 1/4 inches apart.
This image I posted demonstrates that you are clearly wrong:

If you're so familiar with the Mannlicher how can you explain your gross inaccuracy on this point?

The two bright spots are really there. They appear in multiple images. You think you can just deny that they exist.

The two bright spots highlight what can be seen in the clip of the Alyea footage where Fritz has stepped into the boxed area where the rifle was found - that the rifle was in an upright position when it was discovered.

Just accept it and move on Walt

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #536 on: October 06, 2021, 10:35:52 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #537 on: October 06, 2021, 06:34:08 PM »
In a previous post you stated that the butt plate was 4 inches long and that the screws were no more than 2 1/4 inches apart.

If you're so familiar with the Mannlicher how can you explain your gross inaccuracy on this point?

The two bright spots are really there. They appear in multiple images. You think you can just deny that they exist.

The two bright spots highlight what can be seen in the clip of the Alyea footage where Fritz has stepped into the boxed area where the rifle was found - that the rifle was in an upright position when it was discovered.

I'm measuring the length and width of the carcano butt plate as I type this..... The length is: 4.250 inches....the width is:...1.750 inches...and the screws are 2.250 " apart,  ( inside o inside or 2.750 center to center) And the screws are the same color as the metal of the butt plate.     You posted a photo of a carcano butt and you can plainly see that the screws blend with the metal of the butt plate, they DO NOT stand out as "bright spots" ......

Use your head , Dan

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #538 on: October 06, 2021, 11:28:26 PM »

So you believe that I'm wrong..... Get your head out and open your eyes and look at the photo of the carcano on page 82 of the WR.   ( CE 1303)    Notice that there is a tape measure in the photo below the rifle....It's a piece of cake to use a piece of paper and mark the length of the butt plate on the paper and then use the marked paper to measure that distance on the tape measure in the photo....( even an elementary school kid can do it) I'm sure that you'll agree ( unless you've taken leave of your senses) that the butt plate is 4 inches long....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #538 on: October 06, 2021, 11:28:26 PM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #539 on: October 07, 2021, 12:28:15 PM »

So you believe that I'm wrong..... Get your head out and open your eyes and look at the photo of the carcano on page 82 of the WR.   ( CE 1303)    Notice that there is a tape measure in the photo below the rifle....It's a piece of cake to use a piece of paper and mark the length of the butt plate on the paper and then use the marked paper to measure that distance on the tape measure in the photo....( even an elementary school kid can do it) I'm sure that you'll agree ( unless you've taken leave of your senses) that the butt plate is 4 inches long....

You really are something else Walt.
I agree the butt plate is 4 inches long.
Look at the picture I posted, if the butt plate is 4 inches long the screws are far more than 2 1/4 inches apart.
That's the point I was making.
You can measure your Mannlicher all you want but the screws in the butt plate of the assassination weapon are far more than 2 1/4 inches apart.
How can you explain this?

As for the screws blending in with the butt plate...
Again, your old eyes are letting you down.
In the pic below. the green arrow points out where the light is reflecting off the edge of the butt plate. The red arrows point out where the light is reflecting off the screw heads.
The screw heads are NOT blending in with the butt plate. They are reflecting light just as we see in the Alyea footage I posted where these reflections off the screw heads prove the rifle was found in the upright position.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #540 on: October 07, 2021, 04:59:10 PM »
You really are something else Walt.
Look at the picture I posted, if the butt plate is 4 inches long the screws are far more than 2 1/4 inches apart.
That's the point I was making.
You can measure your Mannlicher all you want but the screws in the butt plate of the assassination weapon are far more than 2 1/4 inches apart.
How can you explain this?

As for the screws blending in with the butt plate...
Again, your old eyes are letting you down.
In the pic below. the green arrow points out where the light is reflecting off the edge of the butt plate. The red arrows point out where the light is reflecting off the screw heads.
The screw heads are NOT blending in with the butt plate. They are reflecting light just as we see in the Alyea footage I posted where these reflections off the screw heads prove the rifle was found in the upright position.

If, as you say, the butt plate is 4 inches long then the screws in the image above are more than 2 1/4 inches apart.
So much for your factual information!

Be careful for the words you say....  Keep them soft and sweet... because you never know,...which ones you'll have to eat.

Sp now that you've acknowledged that the butt plate is 4 inches long....Why don't you use that known measurement as a scale in the photo with the pretty red and green arrows and find that the inside to inside distance is 2 1/4 inches ....Or you could simply use the center to center distance of 2 3/4 inches as a scale and find that the butt plate is 4 inches long.

It's really very simple Dan, even a elementary school kid could determine the the butt plale is 4 inches long by knowing the the center to center distance of the screws is 2 3/4 inches. 
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 06:53:57 PM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #540 on: October 07, 2021, 04:59:10 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #541 on: October 07, 2021, 06:52:07 PM »
Thanks for the link, Denis...  Interesting stuff.    BUT ...Unfortunately there is nothing there to prove that Roger Craig was a liar ( although it's my personal belief that he embroidered information that was NOT factual.)

But having read the blog, I now wonder if Craig ever saw the rifle in situ.... Because he said that the rifle was lying on a north / south configuration.... with the scope north and the trigger south.    I believe that this configuration is contrary to all other reports from the men who saw the rifle before it was removed from the place where it obviously had been CAREFULLY HIDDEN.

I copied the below from your blog....

My conclusion is that Craig did see a man looking like Oswald getting into a car. Unfortunately, a cab driver testified that he took Oswald as passenger a few minutes after the assassination, Also, a bus driver testified that he had Oswald as a passenger also a few minutes after the assassination. Finally, a bus transfer of that particular bus driver was found on Oswald.

My conclusion is that Craig did see a man looking like Oswald getting into a car.

I also believe that Craig did in fact see a young man who resembled LHO get into a car driven by a dark complected man....( That in itself would had been a non typical happening....    (A white boy taking a ride with a Black man in a car....)   But I believe it happened.

Unfortunately, a cab driver testified that he took Oswald as passenger a few minutes after the assassination,

This is not accurate.....It IS the story that LBJ's cover up committee promoted ....BUT.... It is NOT William Whaley's story....

Whaley said that the man who became his passenger to Oak Cliff was  dressed in BLUE WORK Uniform (Both trousers and jacket were BLUE. )    LHO was dressed in a brownish red colored shirt with a BUTTON DOWN COLLAR and dark gray trousers.   And what's more.... Whaley said the man entered his cab at 12:30   .....Which was about the time that DPD officer Marrion Baker and Roy Truly encounter LHO in the second floor lunchroom.

Also, a bus driver testified that he had Oswald as a passenger also a few minutes after the assassination. Finally, a bus transfer of that particular bus driver was found on Oswald.

The question is.... Was that bus transfer actually found in the pocket of the shirt that Lee was wearing at the time of his arrest at the theater?????    I DO NOT believe that transfer was in that shirt pocket....

I misunderstood Roger Craigs description of the position of the rifle that was LYING ON THE FLOOR......

having read the blog, I now wonder if Craig ever saw the rifle in situ.... Because he said that the rifle was lying on a north / south configuration.... with the scope north and the trigger south.    I believe that this configuration is contrary to all other reports from the men who saw the rifle before it was removed from the place where it obviously had been CAREFULLY HIDDEN.

he said that the rifle was lying on a north / south configuration.... with the scope north and the trigger south.

Roger's description is the correct orientation of the Mannlicher carcano.....as can be verified by watching as Lt Day picks the carcano up FROM THE FLOOR ( not jammed between boxes)

Roger's description is the correct orientation of the Mannlicher carcano.....as can be verified by watching as Lt Day picks the carcano up FROM THE FLOOR ( not jammed between boxes)

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #542 on: October 07, 2021, 10:54:30 PM »
Below is a still from the Alyea film of Day picking up the Mannlicher.
I've marked where the screw is glinting as in the video I posted.

The Mannlicher was in an upright position when it was found.
I've posted more than enough evidence to illustrate this.
There's not much more anyone else can do to prove you are mistaken on this irrelevant point.

Dan, I'd be ashamed of myself, If I posted this misleading crap...

Obviously you could have posted the frame of detective Day AFTER he picked the rifle up from the floor so you could have posted the frame in which he first grasps the sling....But I understand that you're here to propagate the big lie, so you sure as hell wouldn't post that frame.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #542 on: October 07, 2021, 10:54:30 PM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #543 on: October 07, 2021, 11:02:36 PM »
Dan, I'd be ashamed of myself, If I posted this misleading crap...

Obviously you could have posted the frame of detective Day AFTER he picked the rifle up from the floor so you could have posted the frame in which he first grasps the sling....But I understand that you're here to propagate the big lie, so you sure as hell wouldn't post that frame.

WTF are you on about you silly old fool.

What does it matter when this frame is from?
The point is that the screws on the butt plate reflect light as they do in the posted frame.

Take your meds Walt and have a lie down.