Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Roger Craig  (Read 101160 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Roger Craig
« Reply #520 on: April 02, 2021, 07:33:13 PM »
Advertisement
Hi Walt,

I know what you mean about the rifle appearing to float.
It does look weird. It could be because of the flash but I don't see a shadow where the tip of the rifle should be touching the floor.
As for the boxes around the "rifle nest" - CE 515 and 516 are two shots of the nest from a different distance and slightly different angle:

https://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh17/pdf/WH17_CE_514-517.pdf

I made this Gif to highlight a couple of differences I'm seeing between the two pics. Because the shots are from different angles it takes a bit of getting used to. In CE 516 there is a big arrow pointing at a box, the box the arrow is pointing at appears to be in a different position in CE 515. It has clearly been moved between the taking of the two photos.
In CE 515 there are two bright objects at the bottom of the picture, slightly to the right. I can't figure out what they are as they don't seem to appear in CE 516

Eugene Boone had searched westward in the aisle at the top of the stairs until he came to west wall beneath the stairway sign that is visible in the photos.   He then squeezed( southward)between the wall and the rows of boxes  and that's when he moved a box that served as a lid over the stack of boxes that formed a "well" or chasm in which the rifle was hidden.   He shined his flashlight down into the dark "well" and spotted the butt of the rifle beneath the wooden pallet that had boxes of books stacked on it.  That wooden pallet can be seen in both CE 515 and 516. Seymour Weitzman said that he spotted the rifle at about the same moment that Boone saw the rifle , and Weitzman said that the rifle was beneath the pallet.   The arrows that are scrawled on the photos are intended to depict the place the rifle was found, but that is false information..

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #520 on: April 02, 2021, 07:33:13 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #521 on: October 01, 2021, 08:20:29 PM »
This Gif is from earlier in the Alyea film.
The first clip shows Fritz stepping into the area containing the rifle.
The second clip shows the butt plate end of the rifle in the upright position.
The third clip shows Fritz standing up after, presumably, inspecting the rifle in situ.

Notice that Detective Studebakers knee is NOT in front of the camera. ( OOPS!....I posted this comment below the wrong film clip....)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2021, 08:24:14 PM by Walt Cakebread »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #522 on: October 01, 2021, 08:39:21 PM »
  OOPS!....I posted this comment below the wrong film clip....
Yeah that clip you linked looks like a chain smoker clusterfuk!  :D

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #522 on: October 01, 2021, 08:39:21 PM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #523 on: October 01, 2021, 08:41:26 PM »
Notice that Detective Studebakers knee is NOT in front of the camera. ( OOPS!....I posted this comment below the wrong film clip....)

;D
You posted recently that you didn't believe Fritz stepped into the area where the rifle was.
What do you believe now?

Also, can you see how the light reflects of the two screws in the butt plate of the rifle clearly indicating it was in an upright position when Fritz stepped in there?

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #524 on: October 01, 2021, 09:31:20 PM »
;D
You posted recently that you didn't believe Fritz stepped into the area where the rifle was.
What do you believe now?

Also, can you see how the light reflects of the two screws in the butt plate of the rifle clearly indicating it was in an upright position when Fritz stepped in there?

Your eyes are better than mine, Dan... Can you freeze frame the frame?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #524 on: October 01, 2021, 09:31:20 PM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #525 on: October 02, 2021, 01:25:13 AM »
Your eyes are better than mine, Dan... Can you freeze frame the frame?

You can't miss them.
You just need to look.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #526 on: October 02, 2021, 06:15:32 PM »
You can't miss them.
You just need to look.

Sorry Dan,     The reason I couldn't see the "screws in the butt plate" is because I didn't recognize them as the screws in the butt plate of a carcano.    I'm very familiar with the Manlicher carcano and I know that the butt plate screws are a mere 2 1/4 inches apart ...Whereas the the space between the two bright spots in the film appear to be much greater than 2 1/4".

Also the screws in the butt plate of a carcano are NOT bright metal ..... The butt plate screws are the same color as the butt plate.  That color is a dark gun metal grey.....

If the dark object in the film was the butt of a carcano that butt would be approximately 10 inches across......The butt of a carcano is 4 inches across.....

I hope that you will receive this factual information and use it in reaching conclusions about the carcano ......

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #526 on: October 02, 2021, 06:15:32 PM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #527 on: October 05, 2021, 07:52:44 PM »

If the dark object in the film was the butt of a carcano that butt would be approximately 10 inches across......The butt of a carcano is 4 inches across.....

10 inches across??
Where are you getting that "factual information"  from?

The screws are very distinctive.

LATER EDIT - If, as you say, the butt plate is 4 inches long then the screws in the image above are more than 2 1/4 inches apart.
So much for your factual information!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2021, 09:01:32 PM by Dan O'meara »