Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Roger Craig  (Read 103254 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Roger Craig
« Reply #480 on: February 22, 2021, 05:50:05 PM »
Advertisement
On a lot of this we are in harmony Walt.
This area of the assassination is not something I've focussed on yet but the time has come to get into it.
As far as I'm concerned the fake photos are a dead-end and I've seen more than enough to demonstrate this to my satisfaction.

Now I've started looking into it there are a couple of avenues I'm going to follow:

Alyea's observation of Fritz handling the shells.
I'm going to assume Fritz's culpability in deliberately tampering with this specific evidence.

Various statements and testimonies of members of the DPD present to see if I can discern a pattern of 'covering for the boss'.

Dan, you shouldn't have any trouble finding evidence that the DPD officers closed ranks behind good ol Cap Fritz....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #480 on: February 22, 2021, 05:50:05 PM »

Offline Dan O'meara

« Reply #481 on: February 22, 2021, 05:55:10 PM »
Dan, I want you to know that I truly appreciate your replies to my posts....  Although I haven't  been able to open your eyes and see what I see regarding the in situ photo, the very fact that we are in complete harmony with regard to the staged "sniper's nest, the clip being in the rifle when it was found,  etc......  However I would caution you about believing everything that Tom Alyea has said.    He knows that the DPD created false evidence, and yet he believes that Lee Oswald was guilty.

Damned if I know how anybody could know that Lee Oswald was being framed and still believe the men who were framing him.

At any rate.... I truly appreciate your help in examining this aspect of the case....   

Nice one Walt.

I was already aware of Alyea's opinion regarding Oswald but, in a weird way, it kind of strengthens his position as a witness.
He doesn't believe Oswald was framed.
He seems to believe there was criminal negligence displayed by those investigating the crime. In particular Fritz.
He pulls no punches in reporting this corruption and cannot be considered a CTer with an axe to grind.
He is a very rare creature - a LNer who believes the investigation was corrupt and the findings of the WC suspect.

Definitely worth looking into.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #482 on: February 22, 2021, 08:17:26 PM »
Nice one Walt.

I was already aware of Alyea's opinion regarding Oswald but, in a weird way, it kind of strengthens his position as a witness.
He doesn't believe Oswald was framed.
He seems to believe there was criminal negligence displayed by those investigating the crime. In particular Fritz.
He pulls no punches in reporting this corruption and cannot be considered a CTer with an axe to grind.
He is a very rare creature - a LNer who believes the investigation was corrupt and the findings of the WC suspect.

Definitely worth looking into.

Hi Dan, just wanted you to know....I posted this earlier in this thread....

I wrote: .... I misunderstood Roger Craigs description of the position of the rifle that was LYING ON THE FLOOR......

having read the blog, I now wonder if Craig ever saw the rifle in situ.... Because he said that the rifle was lying on a north / south configuration.... with the scope north and the trigger south.    I believe that this configuration is contrary to all other reports from the men who saw the rifle before it was removed from the place where it obviously had been CAREFULLY HIDDEN.

Craig  said that the rifle was lying on a north / south configuration.... with the scope north and the trigger south.  I had incorrectly interpreted this as the rifle being N/S...After rereading it I realized that Craig was describing the rifle as being E/W with the muzzle point east.  And the important point is....He clearly describes the rifle as lying on it's left side ( the magazine was on the south side of the rifle.

Roger's description is the correct orientation of the Mannlicher carcano.....as can be verified by watching as Lt Day picks the carcano up FROM THE FLOOR ( not jammed between boxes)

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #482 on: February 22, 2021, 08:17:26 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #483 on: February 22, 2021, 11:59:35 PM »
I've done this Gif from the Alyea film showing the moment Day picks up the rifle. Two things need to be noted:

1) When it cuts to Day he is already crouching down with his hands on or near the rifle. There is no telling how long he was down there
    before it cuts to him.
2) At the very beginning of the clip the rifle is out of sight so we can't tell what's happening down there.

Conclusion - the Alyea clip cannot be used to support the idea the rifle was lying on its side. As soon as Day grabs the strap the rifle flips into a "lying down" position (I'm sure there's a better way to phrase it)

[JFK Forum Screenshot.png][/img]

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #484 on: February 23, 2021, 12:16:36 AM »
I've done this Gif from the Alyea film showing the moment Day picks up the rifle. Two things need to be noted:

1) When it cuts to Day he is already crouching down with his hands on or near the rifle. There is no telling how long he was down there
    before it cuts to him.
2) At the very beginning of the clip the rifle is out of sight so we can't tell what's happening down there.

Conclusion - the Alyea clip cannot be used to support the idea the rifle was lying on its side. As soon as Day grabs the strap the rifle flips into a "lying down" position (I'm sure there's a better way to phrase it)

Copy/Paste this into your Search engine to view the image.
file:///C:/Users/Walt/Pictures/Saved%20Pictures/ScreenShotRifle.png

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #484 on: February 23, 2021, 12:16:36 AM »

Offline Dan O'meara

« Reply #485 on: February 23, 2021, 12:31:03 AM »
Copy/Paste this into your Search engine to view the image.
file:///C:/Users/Walt/Pictures/Saved%20Pictures/ScreenShotRifle.png

When I do it just says "Your file can't be accessed"

Online John Iacoletti

« Reply #486 on: February 23, 2021, 01:12:52 AM »
You would have to be on Walt's computer for that to actually work.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #486 on: February 23, 2021, 01:12:52 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #487 on: February 23, 2021, 01:21:47 AM »
You would have to be on Walt's computer for that to actually work.

I'm sorry, I had a friend do a screen shot of the Alyea film ..... I thought they had posted the screen shot....

I'll see if I can post that screen shot.....