Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Roger Craig  (Read 101143 times)

Online Dan O'meara

Re: Roger Craig
« Reply #416 on: February 19, 2021, 02:04:16 AM »
Advertisement
Am I right to say the clip is not in the rifle:

Only you can determine that, Dan.  But can you explain what that light colored slice of "something" in the ejection port is ?

"Only you can determine that, Dan."

Unlike you Walt, I don't own any Carcanos so it would be nice to get the opinion of someone in the know rather than a cryptic remark. I'll try it differently:

Is the clip such a different colour that it appears as a dark rectangle when in place?
Or does the dark rectangle (where I assume the clip goes) mean the clip is not in?
Does the Carcano eject the clip after it empties?
Your expert opinion is being sought.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #416 on: February 19, 2021, 02:04:16 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #417 on: February 19, 2021, 02:49:11 AM »
"Only you can determine that, Dan."

Unlike you Walt, I don't own any Carcanos so it would be nice to get the opinion of someone in the know rather than a cryptic remark. I'll try it differently:

Is the clip such a different colour that it appears as a dark rectangle when in place?
Or does the dark rectangle (where I assume the clip goes) mean the clip is not in?

No,   The clip was made from yellow colored brass....

The dark rectangle is the dark "hole" of the ejection port ..... The light color on the edge of the E port is the brass clip.

Yes... But "eject" is a misnomer....  The clip merely falls out of the ejection port by the force of gravity. The clip is NOT ejected by any mechanical mechanism .   If the rifle is positioned in any position other than the normal firing position of the magazine on the bottom of the rifle then the clip cannot drop away out of the E port.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 02:53:45 AM by Walt Cakebread »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #418 on: February 19, 2021, 02:56:49 AM »

No,   The clip was made from yellow colored brass....

The dark rectangle is the dark "hole" of the ejection port ..... The light color on the edge of the E port is the brass clip.

Yes... But "eject" is a misnomer....  The clip merely falls out of the ejection port by the force of gravity.  If the rifle is positioned in any position other than the normal firing position of the magazine on the bottom of the rifle ten the clip cannot drop away out of the Eport.
Your expert opinion is being sought.

I get it. The clip loads from the top and falls out of the ejection port.

In your opinion should the clip have fallen out after the third shot if the Carcano was being used in a normal firing position?

When Day is carrying it around what's stopping the clip from just falling out?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 03:04:43 AM by Dan O'meara »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #418 on: February 19, 2021, 02:56:49 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #419 on: February 19, 2021, 03:19:08 AM »

In your opinion should the clip have fallen out after the third shot if the Carcano was being used in a normal firing position?

The clip loads from the top and falls out of the ejection port.

Yes.... when the clip has live cartridges in it.... It MUST be loaded from the top with the bolt retracted.....It is pushed down against a spring loaded elevator that pushes the live cartridges up as the spent cartridges are ejected.  When the last round in the clip is chambered the clip simply falls out of the E port.

I'd bet my life on it....there is a .0001 percent chance that the clip might not drop out after the last cartridge is chambered...

IOW..there is a very slim possibility that something like a dirty clip might prevent the clip from dropping out.

When Day is carrying it around what's stopping the clip from just falling out?[/b]

Nothing....Is preventing it from falling out ...the photos show that it is falling out.... albeit at a very slow pace....  And that's because the E port was never in the down position long enough to allow the clip to fall free. 

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #420 on: February 19, 2021, 03:27:27 AM »

I'd bet my life on it....and since the official tale says that the last round was in the firing chamber then the clip should have been on the floor beneath the window along with the spent shells....   The FACT that the clip was in the rifle when Day picked the rifle up can only mean that the clip was placed in the ejection port when the rifle was carefully laid on the floor before the boxes of books were stacked around and over it.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #420 on: February 19, 2021, 03:27:27 AM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #421 on: February 19, 2021, 03:38:35 AM »

I'd bet my life on it....and since the official tale says that the last round was in the firing chamber then the clip should have been on the floor beneath the window along with the spent shells....   The FACT that the clip was in the rifle when Day picked the rifle up can only mean that the clip was placed in the ejection port when the rifle was carefully laid on the floor before the boxes of books were stacked around and over it.

I've not come across anyone who has pointed that out (not that I've got much knowledge about this particular issue) and it seems to me this is something that should constitute a very serious argument against the Carcano being used for the shooting.
Why isn't the clip on the floor with the shells?
Why didn't it fall out as the assassin carried the rifle across the 6th floor?
Why didn't the clip fall out when the rifle was placed in an upright position with the E-port facing downward?
Why didn't it just fall out when Day picked it up?

Because the Carcano was already tucked away while the assassin used a proper rifle perhaps?

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #422 on: February 19, 2021, 04:00:05 AM »
I've not come across anyone who has pointed that out (not that I've got much knowledge about this particular issue) and it seems to me this is something that should constitute a very serious argument against the Carcano being used for the shooting.
Why didn't the clip fall out when the rifle was placed in an upright position with the E-port facing downward?

Because the Carcano was already tucked away while the assassin used a proper rifle perhaps?

Dan...The liars on LBJ's cover up committee DID address the issue ....

They said the clip was deformed and therefore it was binding in the E port and couldn't fall out.....

The photos that you have posted proves that the clip was NOT deformed and it was in fact free to fall out of the rifle...( the photos show that the clip is falling out)

The E port was NOT downward when the rifle was found..the rifle was lying on it's right side.....However the E Port is down in the fake in stu photo.

Because the rifle was on it's side and Day grasped the leather sling near the butt which caused the rifle to assume the muzzle down position and the E port was horizontal ( not vertical) and therefore the clip remained in the rifle.

Because the Carcano was already tucked away while the assassin used a proper rifle perhaps

That seems to be a very rational conclusion.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #422 on: February 19, 2021, 04:00:05 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #423 on: February 19, 2021, 04:13:43 AM »

Because the Carcano was already tucked away while the assassin used a proper rifle perhaps

while the assassins  used  proper rifles perhaps  and none of them were firing from the sixth floor....