Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Roger Craig  (Read 101096 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Roger Craig
« Reply #392 on: February 18, 2021, 10:15:55 PM »
Advertisement
Agreed. The rifle in the pic is definitely not lying on its side. If it was, the whole side of the stock would reflect the flash of the camera. As it is, just the top curved edge running the length of the stock reflects the light, proving it is not lying on its side.
If this is meant to be a pic of the rifle in the position it was originally found I would have to question the notion of a fleeing assassin taking the time to carefully place it in this position, as I find the possibility in ended up it its upright position after being thrown or slid in there so remote as to not bother with. It could have landed like that by some near miraculous fluke, it's not impossible, just so unlikely as to not take seriously.

Not knowing much about this particular aspect of the case - why is this photo the fake and not DP#22?

Thank you again, Dan.... For asking intelligent questions...  I've said it before but I'll repeat...  The DPD had taken an insitu photo of the MANNLICHER CARCANO at about 1:45 that afternoon,  (BEFORE anybody touched the rifle)   Later when the investigators realized that the rifle that the had photographed could not have been placed at the bottom of that chasm of books by any fleeing assassin. ( Because the site was too far away from the E/W aisle at the top of the stairs, and the rifle was at the bottom of a well) ) They knew they could not allow the photo (DP#22) to be seen by the public, so they created the in situ photo that we are now examining.

PS... Dan, can you enlarge the muzzle end of the rifle as you have the butt end?....   I'd like to see if there is a shadow of the muzzle being cast onto the floor....  I'm rather certain there is not any shadow of the muzzle. which would mean the muzzle was added photographically .....
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 10:20:30 PM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #392 on: February 18, 2021, 10:15:55 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #393 on: February 18, 2021, 10:25:41 PM »
I was looking for the shadow of the rifle.
Looking at the box that obscures the rifle it is possible to get a general idea of which way the shadow falls.
It should be possible to see the shadow of the end of the butt of the rifle being cast away and to the left from the PoV of the camera and I believe it is.
In the pic below note the white reflection of the camera flash on the stock of the rifle.
Note, that towards the butt of the rifle this reflection stops abruptly but there is still a dark patch.
I believe the dark patch is shadow which is why it is not reflecting the camera flash:

On a different point - I noticed that there is a box resting on top of the box that obscures most of the rifle.
This means the rifle was slid along the ground from the left or that the rifle was placed in there and at least one box was then placed over the gap. If it wasn't possible to slide the rifle in from the left we can't seriously assume Oswald took the time to mess about putting boxes over where he hid the rifle:

I also note a small white cloth next to the rifle. Is this what Oswald was supposed to have wiped the rifle down with? I can't find any mention of it anywhere.

Compare the photo of the carcano with the scope as seen on page 82 of the WR....with the photo below. 

WHERE IS THE SCOPE??

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #394 on: February 18, 2021, 10:38:09 PM »
Here's a couple of images to study:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #394 on: February 18, 2021, 10:38:09 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #395 on: February 18, 2021, 11:01:43 PM »
Here's a couple of images to study:

A) ....Notice that the barrel is parallel with the floor .... What is supporting the rifle in a manner that woul keep the barrel parallel with the floor?    The rifle is six inches smaller at the muzzle end  relative to the sock...IOW...The barrel should be higher at the left side than at the right ( muzzle)   I believe if you inquire of old Pythagoras to solve the angle involved in a right triangle that is 6 inches by 40 inches.....you'll find the angle of the barrel should be about 12 degrees relative to the floor...and NOT parallel to the floor.

Offline Jack Trojan

« Reply #396 on: February 18, 2021, 11:10:15 PM »

Walt knows that he could possibly debunk this photo with a reenactment but he chooses not to. I wonder why?

Walt doesn't know the view finder from the shutter....He knows nothing about cameras or photography.

LOL. You don't need to be a photographer. You just actually need to own a MC and lay it down on the floor among some boxes and hold a flashlight in your right hand until the shadows look like the photo and take a pic with your phone in the other hand. Shirley, you have a camera in your phone? Or are you still using your dial phone? Why aren't you excited to do it? Don't you want to be the hero who solves the case? :)

Also Walt, even after you finally admit that there was a Mauser at the TSBD,

I admit no such thing....I find no evidence for a mauser being in the TSBD that afternoon.   I do believe that Fritz presented a 7.65 Mauser to  Seymour Weitzman on Saturday 11/23/63 .....and there was an FBI man there who filed a report in which Weitzman had described a Mauser.

No evidence? Don't you think the photo shows the stock of a Mauser? And why the hell would Fritz show Weitzman a Mauser if he didn't need to? Snap out of it. The Mauser was there for someone to take some token shots at JFK from the 6th floor, probably from a window at the southwest corner. There had to be shots coming from the TSBD to frame Oswald, otherwise, how the hell were they going to justify storming the TSBD looking for the killer? The killer certainly wasn't going to use the MC to take the shots since it was already carefully planted in the box hole. I think Dan O'meara is correct that the rag next to the rifle is supposed to imply that Oswald used it to wipe off ALL his prints from the rifle before ditching it. I guess he must have also used the rag to wipe his prints from the boxes as well, before racing down the stairs and into the lunch room. So how long did it take Oswald to do all that?

Victoria Adams and Sandra Styles both verified that Oswald was not in the building’s only stairwell during the crucial ninety seconds between the last shot and when Patrolman Marrion Baker confronted Oswald on the second floor on his way upstairs to find the shooter. Oswald not only had to wipe off all the prints from the rifle and boxes before ditching it, he had to get down the 72 steps of the 8 flights of stairs from the far corner of the 6th floor in under 90 seconds from the opposite corner of the building from the stairs.

Here is another reenactment for you Walt. See how long it takes you to wipe off your prints from a heavily handled rifle that had supposedly been disassembled then reassembled before being shot 3 times and killing the POTUS, using a wonky scope no less. I'll bet it takes you longer than 90 seconds. Let us know.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 11:24:23 PM by Jack Trojan »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #396 on: February 18, 2021, 11:10:15 PM »

Offline Jack Trojan

« Reply #397 on: February 18, 2021, 11:19:45 PM »

A) ....Notice that the barrel is parallel with the floor .... What is supporting the rifle in a manner that woul keep the barrel parallel with the floor?    The rifle is six inches smaller at the muzzle end  relative to the sock...IOW...The barrel should be higher at the left side than at the right ( muzzle)   I believe if you inquire of old Pythagoras to solve the angle involved in a right triangle that is 6 inches by 40 inches.....you'll find the angle of the barrel should be about 12 degrees relative to the floor...and NOT parallel to the floor.

It's just an optical illusion. Here is how the rifle is laying on the floor. When your camera's POV is "overhead" the entire rifle appears to straighten out.

But there's only 1 way to confirm this Walt. You know what to do.  ;)

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #398 on: February 18, 2021, 11:22:57 PM »

I'm not sure if it is parallel to the floor, might just be the angle.
The tip of the muzzle should be resting on the floor, which doesn't seem to be the case but will have to give it a closer look.
In the meantime, can you tell me where the clip was found? I can't find anything as to it's location.
Is there any reason to take the clip out while fleeing the scene?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #398 on: February 18, 2021, 11:22:57 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #399 on: February 18, 2021, 11:38:24 PM »
The tip of the muzzle should be resting on the floor, which doesn't seem to be the case but will have to give it a closer look.
In the meantime, can you tell me where the clip was found? I can't find anything as to it's location.
Is there any reason to take the clip out while fleeing the scene?

Notice that the barrel is parallel with the bottom of the box that is behind the barrel....That verifies that the barrel is parallel to the floor.

The tip of the muzzle should be resting on the floor, Thumb1: Thumb1:

can you tell me where the clip was found?

Yes I can!!...  But I'll need to call on you once again to enlarge a photo....  Tom Alyea filmed Lt Day dusting the rifle and looking for prints...While examining the carcano Lt Day turned the clip ejection port on the bottom of the magazine toward Alyea's camera, and the camera recorded the brass clip just emerging from the ejection port.  ( It aparently was lightly stuck inside the ejection port and the handling of the rifle cause it to start sliding out of the rifle.