Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Roger Craig  (Read 103059 times)

Online Bill Brown

Re: Roger Craig
« Reply #344 on: February 03, 2021, 10:54:18 PM »
Advertisement
In 1968, during an interview (along with Penn Jones) with the L.A. Free Press, Roger Craig was asked about the Tippit shooting.  Craig told the interviewer that the shooting occurred at 1:45.

Jones immediately corrected Craig, informing him that the shooting occurred around 1:15.  Craig responded with "Oh?  Is that right? Okay." (or words to that effect, I'm going by memory) 

The bottom line is, in 1968, Craig obviously had no idea what time the Tippit shooting occurred.

Then, in the early 70's when writing his manuscript, Craig tells the story of being in Dealey Plaza and hearing of the shooting of the police officer in Oak Cliff.  In the scenario, Craig supposedly looks at his watch and notes that it said the time was 1:06.

You Roger Craig defenders really don't see anything wrong with this?  Do I really need to spell this out any more clearly?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #344 on: February 03, 2021, 10:54:18 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #345 on: February 03, 2021, 11:23:31 PM »
In 1968, during an interview (along with Penn Jones) with the L.A. Free Press, Roger Craig was asked about the Tippit shooting.  Craig told the interviewer that the shooting occurred at 1:45.

Jones immediately corrected Craig, informing him that the shooting occurred around 1:15.  Craig responded with "Oh?  Is that right? Okay." (or words to that effect, I'm going by memory) 

The bottom line is, in 1968, Craig obviously had no idea what time the Tippit shooting occurred.

Then, in the early 70's when writing his manuscript, Craig tells the story of being in Dealey Plaza and hearing of the shooting of the police officer in Oak Cliff.  In the scenario, Craig supposedly looks at his watch and notes that it said the time was 1:06.

You Roger Craig defenders really don't see anything wrong with this?  Do I really need to spell this out any more clearly?

I'm beginning to regret dredging up the old subject..... I wanted to focus on the site where the rifle was found...  Roger Craig was one of the law officers who was there, and recalled how the rifle was positioned. His description of the position is verified by several other cops and Tom Alyea's film ....And as Roger Craig pointed out, There's NO WAY that Lee Oswald could have dashed by the site and put that rifle on the floor 15 feet 4 inches from the North wall.   
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 11:28:54 PM by Walt Cakebread »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #346 on: February 06, 2021, 12:14:13 PM »
What a waste of time. Craig is a red herring. He was a liar wasn't he? Then why do you believe him here? Where does he claim the rifle ON THE FLOOR was a Mauser? He was obviously talking about the planted Carcano ON THE FLOOR. Where in the film does he claim he read "7.65 Mauser" off the barrel? Was it before or after Day picked up the rifle ON THE FLOOR? Wasn't he called out of the 6th floor before then? Can you rely on any testimony from Craig or the conspirators?  What part was Craig lying about and what do you think this proves?

Why didn't Alyea film any of it? Why only in situ photos? Was Fritz directing traffic? Did the real shooter dash by the site and hastily jam the Mauser between the boxes of books and relied on Boone to find the Carcano ON THE FLOOR 1st? No one knows, especially you.

Mr. BELIN - When you say "between the cluster of boxes," could you describe which way the boxes were?
Mr. CRAIG - There was a row going east to west on the north side of the weapon, and a box going east to west on the south side of the weapon, and--uh--if I remember, uh--as you'd look down, you had to look kinda back under the north stack of boxes to see the rifle. It was pushed kinda under---uh---or up tight against 'em---you know, where it would be hard to see. And, of course, both ends of the rows were closed off where you couldn't see through 'em. You had to get up and look in 'em.
Mr. BELIN - You are gesturing with your hand there---would you say that the boxes, then, as you gestured, were in the shape of what I would call a rectangular "O", so to speak?
Mr. CRAIG - Yes, yes, uh-huh.
Mr. BELIN - And about how high were the walls of this enclosure, so to speak?
Mr. CRAIG - Well, it-it was different heights. Now, the part where I looked in particularly was about---uh---oh, was about 5-foot.
Mr. BELIN - All right. And you gestured there in such a way that you had to lean over and look straight down? Would that be a fair statement of your gestures?
Mr. CRAIG - Yes; yes. You had to lean over the boxes and look down.

What a waste of time. Craig is a red herring. He was a liar wasn't he? Then why do you believe him here? Where does he claim the rifle ON THE FLOOR was a Mauser? He was obviously talking about the planted Carcano ON THE FLOOR. Where in the film does he claim he read "7.65 Mauser" off the barrel? Was it before or after Day picked up the rifle ON THE FLOOR? Wasn't he called out of the 6th floor before then? Can you rely on any testimony from Craig or the conspirators?  What part was Craig lying about and what do you think this proves?

Why didn't Alyea film any of it? Why only in situ photos? Was Fritz directing traffic? Did the real shooter dash by the site and hastily jam the Mauser between the boxes of books and relied on Boone to find the Carcano ON THE FLOOR 1st? No one knows, especially you.

What a waste of time. Craig is a red herring. He was a liar wasn't he? Then why do you believe him here? Where does he claim the rifle ON THE FLOOR was a Mauser?

A red herring, and a liar, ....  But still useful   .....   Craig said he saw the rifle picked up by J.C.Day and he said he saw Fritz open the bolt when the live round fell out....    He lied and said that he saw "7.65  Mauser --Stamped right there on the barrel"

That's an obvious lie....  I'm sure you know that.   But that lie came long after the event....after he had been fired for refusing to back away from the event and keep his mouth shut.

He was obviously talking about the planted Carcano ON THE FLOOR. Where in the film does he claim he read "7.65 Mauser" off the barrel? Was it before or after Day picked up the rifle ON THE FLOOR? Wasn't he called out of the 6th floor before then? Can you rely on any testimony from Craig or the conspirators?  What part was Craig lying about and what do you think this proves?

In addition to his blatant lie about the stamping on a Mauser ( that was actually a 6.5mm Carcano) He embroidered something that Weitzman had told him into his tale.    I believe that Seymour Weitzman WAS IN FACT given a 7.65 Mauser ( probably on Saturday morning ) and lead to believe that it was the rifle that had been found beneath the boxes of books.   Weitzman wasn't about to argue with Fritz and the FBI man ( He was a young deputy) so he simply described the Mauser as the FBI agent had asked.  ( There's no doubt what- so- ever that the FBI agent describes a 7.65 Mauser )
Later Weitzman told Craig in confidence that he had been mistaken when he at first thought the rifle ( the carcano)  was a Mauser......But there also was a 7.65 Mauser involved because Captain Fritz had showed him the Mauser and he had described that rifle for an FBI agent.   

Roger Craig simply took the tale and embroidered it......

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #346 on: February 06, 2021, 12:14:13 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #347 on: February 10, 2021, 07:55:56 PM »

in the early 70's when writing his manuscript, Craig tells the story of being in Dealey Plaza and hearing of the shooting of the police officer in Oak Cliff.  In the scenario, Craig supposedly looks at his watch and notes that it said the time was 1:06.

This is exactly why I have no respect for Roger Craig.....   He lied and set himself up to be discredited...  In Fact Craig KNEW that the DPD had framed Lee Oswald, and he was trying to expose the bastards.  It's a shame that he felt he needed to lie...
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 09:23:32 PM by Walt Cakebread »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #348 on: February 11, 2021, 11:41:38 PM »
Walt you are still dead wrong about Craig and all you are doing is aiding and abetting the DPD with your stubbornness by castigating a goddamned hero who was a lone voice against a massive conspiracy. And he did it knowingly at great peril. Why would Roger have claimed he saw a Mauser if he didn't at least smell something fishy at the crime scene? He had strong suspicions that caused him to make such a bold claim.  It can only be because he either saw what he saw or he at least saw "the" Mauser in question. How dare you assume he was a lying mental case and you would piss on his grave if given the opportunity based on a few snippits of YouTube videos and some staged photos. And if there was a Mauser involved in this case, which you acknowledge, then it was likely retrieved from the TSBD and Craig could have seen it there.

All 3 of us agree that the DPD planted the MC and setup the crime scene. That's the only reason Craig would "lie" about seeing the Mauser. He wanted to expose the conspiracy and was not part of it. Do you know what kind of balls it took to go alone accusing the DPD of being part of a conspiracy to assassinate the POTUS? And how high did it go? The only way Craig could have been lying is if he truly believed that Fritz and Co. were involved in a conspiracy, heard about the Mauser, and wanted to do the right thing regardless of whether he actually read "7.65 Mauser" off the barrel. Fact is, you have no idea whether he's lying or what evidence Fritz allowed you to know about. You will never know what footage Fritz did not allow Alyea to take or talk about. If you think Fritz didn't have complete and utter control over how the event was documented, then I've got a slightly used MC to sell you, to add to your collection.

Where are you, Jack?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #348 on: February 11, 2021, 11:41:38 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #349 on: February 12, 2021, 06:37:25 PM »
Mr. BELIN - When you say "between the cluster of boxes," could you describe which way the boxes were?
Mr. CRAIG - There was a row going east to west on the north side of the weapon, and a box going east to west on the south side of the weapon, and--uh--if I remember, uh--as you'd look down, you had to look kinda back under the north stack of boxes to see the rifle. It was pushed kinda under---uh---or up tight against 'em---you know, where it would be hard to see. And, of course, both ends of the rows were closed off where you couldn't see through 'em. You had to get up and look in 'em.
Mr. BELIN - You are gesturing with your hand there---would you say that the boxes, then, as you gestured, were in the shape of what I would call a rectangular "O", so to speak?
Mr. CRAIG - Yes, yes, uh-huh.
Mr. BELIN - And about how high were the walls of this enclosure, so to speak?
Mr. CRAIG - Well, it-it was different heights. Now, the part where I looked in particularly was about---uh---oh, was about 5-foot.
Mr. BELIN - All right. And you gestured there in such a way that you had to lean over and look straight down? Would that be a fair statement of your gestures?
Mr. CRAIG - Yes; yes. You had to lean over the boxes and look down.

What a waste of time. Craig is a red herring. He was a liar wasn't he? Then why do you believe him here? Where does he claim the rifle ON THE FLOOR was a Mauser?

A red herring, and a liar, ....  But still useful   .....   Craig said he saw the rifle picked up by J.C.Day and he said he saw Fritz open the bolt when the live round fell out....    He lied and said that he saw "7.65  Mauser --Stamped right there on the barrel"

That's an obvious lie....  I'm sure you know that.   But that lie came long after the event....after he had been fired for refusing to back away from the event and keep his mouth shut.

He was obviously talking about the planted Carcano ON THE FLOOR. Where in the film does he claim he read "7.65 Mauser" off the barrel? Was it before or after Day picked up the rifle ON THE FLOOR? Wasn't he called out of the 6th floor before then? Can you rely on any testimony from Craig or the conspirators?  What part was Craig lying about and what do you think this proves?

In addition to his blatant lie about the stamping on a Mauser ( that was actually a 6.5mm Carcano) He embroidered something that Weitzman had told him into his tale.    I believe that Seymour Weitzman WAS IN FACT given a 7.65 Mauser ( probably on Saturday morning ) and lead to believe that it was the rifle that had been found beneath the boxes of books.   Weitzman wasn't about to argue with Fritz and the FBI man ( He was a young deputy) so he simply described the Mauser as the FBI agent had asked.  ( There's no doubt what- so- ever that the FBI agent describes a 7.65 Mauser )
Later Weitzman told Craig in confidence that he had been mistaken when he at first thought the rifle ( the carcano)  was a Mauser......But there also was a 7.65 Mauser involved because Captain Fritz had showed him the Mauser and he had described that rifle for an FBI agent.   

Roger Craig simply took the tale and embroidered it......

Craig said he saw the rifle picked up by J.C.Day and he said he saw Fritz open the bolt when the live round fell out.... 

The live round FELL OUT      This means that the live round was NOT seated in the face of the bolt.  That live round had been simply dropped into the chamber, and then the bolt closed....BUT that bolt was not LATCHED    I wasn't latched ( see the Alyea film) because the carcano is designed in a way that will not allow the rifle bolt to be closed if the cartridge isn't seated in (married to)  the face of the bolt.  If the live round had been seated in the face of the bolt then the extractor would have FLIPPED the cartridge out and away from the rifle.....and the cartridge would not merely have fallen on the floor at Capt Fritz feet.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #350 on: February 12, 2021, 09:28:57 PM »
Walt you are still dead wrong about Craig and all you are doing is aiding and abetting the DPD with your stubbornness by castigating a goddamned hero who was a lone voice against a massive conspiracy. And he did it knowingly at great peril. Why would Roger have claimed he saw a Mauser if he didn't at least smell something fishy at the crime scene? He had strong suspicions that caused him to make such a bold claim.  It can only be because he either saw what he saw or he at least saw "the" Mauser in question. How dare you assume he was a lying mental case and you would piss on his grave if given the opportunity based on a few snippits of YouTube videos and some staged photos. And if there was a Mauser involved in this case, which you acknowledge, then it was likely retrieved from the TSBD and Craig could have seen it there.

All 3 of us agree that the DPD planted the MC and setup the crime scene. That's the only reason Craig would "lie" about seeing the Mauser. He wanted to expose the conspiracy and was not part of it. Do you know what kind of balls it took to go alone accusing the DPD of being part of a conspiracy to assassinate the POTUS? And how high did it go? The only way Craig could have been lying is if he truly believed that Fritz and Co. were involved in a conspiracy, heard about the Mauser, and wanted to do the right thing regardless of whether he actually read "7.65 Mauser" off the barrel. Fact is, you have no idea whether he's lying or what evidence Fritz allowed you to know about. You will never know what footage Fritz did not allow Alyea to take or talk about. If you think Fritz didn't have complete and utter control over how the event was documented, then I've got a slightly used MC to sell you, to add to your collection.

Jack....Will you assist me in analyzing this photo?

P.S.....This plea is open to anybody who is willing to honestly debate the in situ photo.

Question # 1....  Can you tell me the dimensions of the box above the rifle in the photo?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 09:36:29 PM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #350 on: February 12, 2021, 09:28:57 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #351 on: February 13, 2021, 01:08:12 AM »
Jack....Will you assist me in analyzing this photo?

P.S.....This plea is open to anybody who is willing to honestly debate the in situ photo.

Question # 1....  Can you tell me the dimensions of the box above the rifle in the photo?

Can you tell me the dimensions of the box above the rifle in the photo?  I estimate the width of the box at approximately 15 inches...But I know the FBI gave the dimensions of the boxes in the evidence list.   I just haven't found those dimensions yet.