Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Essay: The Mystery of Marina Oswald  (Read 10147 times)

Offline Jon Banks

Re: Essay: The Mystery of Marina Oswald
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2018, 08:50:18 PM »
Advertisement
John Banks is correct, I should have commented on the article itself... but I think it is still important to know something about Stratfor.

--------

Per the article, the author says himself, they will not go full speculation but it is mostly in the direction that the Russians could have had something to do with the assassination, that's why "Lee would not be alone" because per the article, it makes it sound like Marina could be part of it. That seems pretty far-fetched.

The article also mentions the relative ease that it appears Oswald and his wife were able to come to the USA. I think stats have been checked out as in Posner's "Case Closed";  and it was not always that rare for people to return from Russia somewhat unfettered. Cold War was on but still, a number returned.

I think the author focuses more on Russia?s actions or non-actions than the USA?s.

That the Soviets would?ve been so non-chalant about the niece of a Security Officer dating and marrying an American defector raises some Red Flags

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2018, 08:50:18 PM »

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2018, 09:04:03 PM »
Then there was the time Marina accidentally told Robert Webster's cover story when she was talking about Lee.

From Bill Simpich:
One story illustrates how strong this resemblance was between Oswald and Webster. Robert Webster met Oswald?s future wife Marina Prusakova at the American Exhibition held in Moscow during the summer of 1959. They saw each other again in 1960. Curiously, Marina spoke English to Webster, while she only spoke Russian when she came to the United States with Oswald.[ 2 ] On one occasion, Marina even confused Webster with Oswald. Webster and Oswald were used to loosen Soviet tongues, and they may have never realized it.

Marina wasn?t the only woman confused by the two men. In the 1990s, the Assassination Records Review Board interviewed Joan Hallett, the widow of the former naval attach? at the American Embassy in Moscow. Hallett remembered seeing Oswald at the Embassy on September 5, right at the end of the American Exhibition. No one could understand the discrepancy between her strong and clear recollection and the September 5 date. The solution is simple - Hallett was mistaking Webster for Oswald. Webster disappeared on 9/10/59 ? six days after the Exhibition ended. Oswald didn't arrive in Moscow until a month later.

https://www.maryferrell.org/pages/State_Secret_Chapter1.html

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2018, 10:35:00 PM »
You're right again.

Your hero probably just forgot he left his ring in a cup and his life savings behind that day. Zero significance to those acts.

Wherein we discover that in Howard's world, something is either insignificant or it means murder.   :D

However, he did remember to take his 3 foot cheese sandwich.

Sorry, a 3 foot sandwich wouldn't fit in that flimsy 2 foot bag either.

Gives me an idea for another thread.

Can't wait.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2018, 10:35:00 PM »

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2018, 10:36:11 PM »
There is way more to Marina Oswald than we were told.

2) Was Marina Oswald Coerced Into Testifying Against LHO Or Did She Do It For Her Own Benefit?

As we just saw in the first question Marina Oswald stated to the De Mohrenschildts that she was sexually unsatisfied with LHO. The De Mohrenschildts also told others that Marina Oswald was a ?vicious and evil woman.? Furthermore we have seen in this series that she came into a good sum of money following the assassination and she always wanted money and nice things according Jeanne De Mohrenschildt.

Mr. JENNER. She was promiscuous but not malicious?

Mrs. De MOHRENSCHILDT. Not malicious. That is how I would put it, you know. She was so anxious to live and she was so happy to be in the United States. wanted to have it all, you know what I mean? She wanted a car and she wanted to have a little apartment and have all these little gadgets that fascinated her, just like they fascinated me when I came to the United States. She was living in that poor, poor apartment. Of course, it was depressing for her.

Mr. JENNER. Was she talking to Lee about all, that she wanted a car and these gadgets and a refrigerator?

Mrs. De MOHRENSCHILDT. I cannot say she did, but I am sure she did.

Who can say that she wasn?t better off financially without LHO?  George De Mohrenschildt would say that Marina admired LHO?s apartment in Minsk, and dreamed of living in one like it one day.

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. ?And one day she was walking by this river, which I also remember, in Minsk---the River Svisloch, which crosses the whole town, and where there are some new apartment buildings built, and in one of those apartment buildings there were very nice apartments, and that is where the foreigners lived.

She said it was her dream some day to live in an apartment like that. And that is where Lee Oswald lived. And eventually when they met---I remember they met at some dance I think he was ill, something like that, after that dance, and she came to take care of him. That is something I have a vague recollection of---that she took care of him, and from then on they fell in love and eventually got married. But she said it was the apartment house that was one of the greatest things she desired to live in, and she found out later on that Lee Oswald lived in that apartment house, and she finally achieved her dream.

It sounds ridiculous, but that is how in Soviet Russia they dream of apartments rather than people.

We see that Marina Oswald dreamed of living in a fancy apartment. Nothing wrong with that, but LHO wasn?t able to provide her with one and may not have been able to for years. De Mohrenschildt says that Russian people dream of ?apartments rather than people.?

Given the financial and sexual issues as well as the  supposed repeated beatings that LHO put on Marina, can any official narrative defender show that she would be upset that LHO was no longer around? Outside of the assassination weekend, can anyone show that her life was worse than before the assassination?

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2018, 10:38:23 PM »
Did he also leave some money. Nothing like taking things out of context.

Fair enough -- I'll rephrase:

That's almost as ridiculous as "he left his wedding ring and some money at home, therefore this is evidence of murder".

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2018, 10:38:23 PM »

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2018, 02:11:12 PM »
So Saint Patsy's marriage to Marina is evidence of a conspiracy ?

With whom ?

He wasn't alone ?

Who was he with ?

They doubt he was the only shooter ?

Based on what ?

Even if Oswald was the only shooter in Dealey Plaza, it doesn?t mean he was not part of a Conspiracy.

It?s not that complicated if you read slowly...

Offline Michael O'Brian

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2018, 06:39:42 PM »
Even if Oswald was the only shooter in Dealey Plaza, it doesn?t mean he was not part of a Conspiracy.

It?s not that complicated if you read slowly...

Oswald was one of a few, in Dealey Plazza who was not part of the conspiracy, he was set up by the redneck racist W.A.S.P's to take the blame, in fact he did not even hear the shots as they were fired from the Dal Tex.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2018, 06:39:42 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2018, 12:14:51 AM »
So according to Marina..."Lee was not liked by many persons [back] in Russia"
So then that made him more desirable to her? 
Go figure ???