Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: O. H. LEE  (Read 19533 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: O. H. LEE
« Reply #88 on: April 07, 2020, 08:15:10 PM »
Advertisement
My blind bad there ::)

Hosty's note...The same time written down as Fritz---- 3:15. The cops were there at Beckley around 2:30 according to the Johnsons. So how did they know where to go some 45 minutes earlier? Again..what room did they come to search? The name "Oswald"--- did not register with the staff. Oswald's room number was never mentioned in the Report [AFAIK]
 After the interview...it was moot. Note that page 2 says '4:05'?
Walt...did I ever mention the Hostys went to our church..I went to school with his children.
Did James Hosty know that Oswald lived over on Beckley? I really don't think so.

Did James Hosty know that Oswald lived over on Beckley? .

Well now this is an interesting question.....  Maybe Fritz didn't know that Lee had the room at 1026 N.Beckley...One would think that if he knew that he would have entered that info as the very first entry just as Hosty did....  Could it be that Hosty knew that Lee lived at 1026 N.Beckley and therefore simply jotted that down even though the question hadn't been asked?   You'll notice that Hosty jotted  ...."OH Lee is how he lives" ...commonsense would dictate that the address and this entry should be together.....   ????

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #88 on: April 07, 2020, 08:15:10 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #89 on: April 07, 2020, 08:19:31 PM »
Another alternative suggests itself. When I sign a register of some sort, I often notice there are skipped lines that have been left blank.

It's not beyond the realm of possibility that these two cited occurrences were both filled in *after the assassination* by someone who fancies themselves a wit flipping back a few pages and finding a blank line and filling it in with Oswald's name.
That theory has been advanced before. But it doesn't seem likely that someone could/would sign Oswald's name so perfectly [just as a lark]   

Have another glance at the register--- all but a couple of entries are from Texas...compile the chances on that.
Odd is how the 'Oswald' date is entered...the writing doesn't really match does it?!

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #90 on: April 07, 2020, 08:51:02 PM »

Yes. This is the document prepared by the Mexican authorities after Oswald squeezed in the "Harvey" between Lee and Oswald, making it look like Lee was his last name.
His name above appears as "Lee, Harvey Oswald" and the Warren Commission concluded this possibly suggested a new alias to Oswald ("O. H. Lee") that he used when renting a room at the Johnson's rooming house on North Beckley.
She also wasn?t a useful witness on Oswald?s ownership of a rifle.
When she did state that there was a rifle..she told the feds that Lee brought it from Russia....
https://history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh23/pdf/WH23_CE_1778.pdf

I don't see anything 'squeezed in' on the travel document.
It was signed Lee H Oswald...where is the implied deception? So the clerk must have screwed up the name [not uncommon in Mexico]

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #90 on: April 07, 2020, 08:51:02 PM »

Offline Hank Sienzant

« Reply #91 on: April 07, 2020, 09:51:36 PM »
That theory has been advanced before.

Which doesn't mean it's wrong.

But it doesn't seem likely that someone could/would sign Oswald's name so perfectly [just as a lark]   [/b]

Is that your opinion (about the 'perfect' signing) or the actual opinion of a qualified handwriting expert you'd care to cite?

Have another glance at the register--- all but a couple of entries are from Texas...compile the chances on that.

So the argument is the conspirators put the fake Oswald in with a real group of visitors from Texas to better frame him or what? Sorry, I don't see how this advances the conspiracy to frame Oswald any. Can you walk me through the logic on that? What difference does it make where the other people came from?

Odd is how the 'Oswald' date is entered...the writing doesn't really match does it?!

So whether it matches in your opinion (supposed "perfect" Oswald signature) or doesn't match in your opinion (the date) that is worth remarking upon and somehow points to a conspiracy? Sorry, need some help with that logic as well. Slow down and walk me through that.

Hank
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 01:11:44 AM by Hank Sienzant »

Offline Hank Sienzant

« Reply #92 on: April 07, 2020, 10:08:51 PM »

When she did state that there was a rifle..she told the feds that Lee brought it from Russia....

No, she said nothing about the origin of the rifle the first time she admitted Oswald owned one on the afternoon of the assassination. See the testimony of Ruth Paine, Marina Oswald, and Guy Rose cited above. She did point out the blanket in the garage and said the rifle was in there. Turned out it wasn't, but that's where she said she saw it last.

I posted the quotes to rebut the claim originally made, that Marina "... wasn't a useful witness on Oswald's ownership of a rifle." [Typos corrected]

Not only did she admit Oswald owned a rifle the first time she was asked (before she was ever threatened with deportation, mind you), but why  does where and how he obtained it enter into this point?

Oswald denied in custody ever owning a rifle, right?
Marina admitted to the police the first time she was asked (on the afternoon of the assassination) Oswald owned a rifle, right?

Was one of them lying or mistaken? 

If so, which one? And why?

Where he obtained the rifle is a different argument altogether and a change of subject. You wouldn't be trying to misdirect the conversation?

I don't see anything 'squeezed in' on the travel document.
It was signed Lee H Oswald...where is the implied deception? So the clerk must have screwed up the name [not uncommon in Mexico]

Neither I nor the Warren Report suggested  there was any deception by Oswald in the travel document. It appears it was an inadvertent error on Oswald's part (misreading the form that specified no initials, and squeezing in "Harvey"), which led to the clerk typing the name wrong ("Lee, Harvey Oswald"), which suggested the O.H.Lee alias to Oswald that he used at the rooming house.

Once more, with feeling:

Here's the document I cited. Click the link:
https://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh25/html/WC_Vol25_0354a.htm

You don't see the document that Oswald filled out with the squeezed-in "Harvey"?

Here's what the Warren Report said about that document:
== QUOTE ==
...His tourist card was typed by the Mexican consulate in New Orleans, "Lee, Harvey Oswald."  However, the comma seems to have been a clerical error, since Oswald signed both the application and the card itself, "Lee H. Oswald." Moreover, Oswald seems originally to have also printed his name, evenly spaced, as "Lee H Oswald," but, noting that the form instructed him to "Print full name. No initials," printed the remainder of his middle name after the "H." The clerk who typed the card thus saw a space after "Lee," followed by "Harvey Oswald" crowded together, and probably assumed that "Lee" was the applicant's last name. (See Commission Exhibit 2481, p. 800.)
== UNQUOTE ==

Hank
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 11:22:28 PM by Hank Sienzant »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #92 on: April 07, 2020, 10:08:51 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #93 on: April 07, 2020, 10:44:36 PM »
Which doesn't mean it's wrong. Is that your opinion (about the 'perfect' signing) or the actual opinion of a qualified handwriting expert you'd care to cite? So the argument is the conspirators put the fake Oswald in with a real group of visitors from Texas to better frame him or what? Sorry, I don't see how this advances the conspiracy to frame Oswald any. Can you walk me through the logic on that? What difference does it make where the other people came from? So whether it matches in your opinion (supposed Oswald signature) or doesn't match in your opinion (the date) that is worth remarking upon and somehow points to a conspiracy? Sorry, need some help with that logic as well. Slow down and walk me through that.
Not worth the trouble. I 'advanced' nothing.
Marina did tell SA Brookhout that Oswald had the rifle in Russia [for anyone that can read the link]
Incidently...per forum rules---
There must be no more than one single line of empty space between any written text, including quotes or posted images.
https://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php/topic,2006.0.html

Offline Hank Sienzant

« Reply #94 on: April 07, 2020, 11:03:02 PM »
Not worth the trouble. I 'advanced' nothing.

Sorry, it must have been another Jerry Freeman that made all those other posts above advancing the arguments I responded to, including this one: "... she wasn't a useful witness on Oswald's ownership of a rifle.". My apologies.

Marina did tell SA Brookhout that Oswald had the rifle in Russia [for anyone that can read the link]

I saw the link. I clicked the link. I read the link. Her language is not quoted as strongly as you put it. In that link she does say Oswald owned "a rifle" in Russia (not "the rifle"). But in Russia, as Oswald himself told the police in custody, he owned a shotgun, not a rifle. He said you cannot own a rifle in Russia. Was Oswald lying about that or was Marina mistaking a shotgun for a rifle?

Marina went on to say that having been shown "a rifle" (reportedly the one recovered from the Depository), she couldn't identify it as her husband's, but went on to also say it looked like her husband's in terms of the color, but didn't recall the telescopic sight. She also went on to say all rifles (and apparently shotguns) look alike to her. So her obvious mistake about Oswald owning "a rifle" (actually a shotgun) in Russia is transmuted by you into her claiming Oswald owned "the rifle" in Russia (and "the rifle" under discussion is the one Marina admitted Oswald kept within a blanket in the Paine garage. The same rifle that was determined to be missing on the afternoon of the assassination). But that's clearly not what Marina said.

Glad I could clear that up for you.

...per forum rules---  https://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php/topic,2006.0.html
There must be no more than one single line of empty space between any written text, including quotes or posted images.

I guess that means everything I said above is wrong. I do it for readability. Or I did. I'll try to avoid it in the future.

Hank
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 11:17:21 PM by Hank Sienzant »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #94 on: April 07, 2020, 11:03:02 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #95 on: April 07, 2020, 11:25:05 PM »
Quoting from the statement that apparently someone fails to see...
Marina Oswald advised that Lee Harvey Oswald owned a rifle which he used in Russia about two years ago. She observed what she presumed to be the same rifle in a blanket.....
Why argue this point except for just the sake of arguing?
Also, why does someone need to be a handwriting expert to see if certain signatures look alike?
Signatures----
https://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php/topic,1599.msg75787.html#msg75787