Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: O. H. LEE  (Read 19274 times)

Offline Bill Chapman

Re: O. H. LEE
« Reply #104 on: April 08, 2020, 04:55:08 PM »
Advertisement

When she did state that there was a rifle..she told the feds that Lee brought it from Russia....
https://history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh23/pdf/WH23_CE_1778.pdf

I don't see anything 'squeezed in' on the travel document.
It was signed Lee H Oswald...where is the implied deception? So the clerk must have screwed up the name [not uncommon in Mexico]

You might need glasses: Marina said she 'presumed' it was the same rifle.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #104 on: April 08, 2020, 04:55:08 PM »

Offline Hank Sienzant

« Reply #105 on: April 08, 2020, 07:44:37 PM »
When was this examination done, and by whom?

By Mrs. A.C.Johnson, the landlady, according to the Warren Commission footnotes.

== QUOTE ==
Mr. BALL. Do you remember the date Oswald rented the room?
Mrs. JOHNSON. October 14.
Mr. BALL. What time of day did he come by?
Mrs. JOHNSON. It was between 4 and 5 o'clock, I do know that because I was home that day when he came back by and I said, when he came by, I said, "You did come back by."
Mr. BALL. Was your sign out at that time?
Mrs. JOHNSON. Yes; it was; he seen the sign.
Mr. BALL. How much did you charge him?
Mrs. JOHNSON. $8 a week, refrigerator and living room privileges.
Mr. BALL. The refrigerator was located where?
Mrs. JOHNSON. In my kitchen--he wanted to know if he could put milk and lunch meat in my refrigerator and I told him he could.
Mr. BALL. Did he tell you what his name was?
Mrs. JOHNSON. O.H. L-e-e [spelling].
Mr. BALL. Did he sign anything with that name?
Mrs. JOHNSON. Yes, sir; I have it in my purse.
Mr. BALL. May I see it?
Mrs. JOHNSON. I will be glad to--I don't want you to keep it. I want you to--I brought it for your information. I knew you was going to ask that.
Mr. BALL. Now, is this in his handwriting?
Mrs. JOHNSON. This "O. H. Lee" is in his handwriting and this other is in the housekeeper's handwriting--Mrs. Roberts.
Mr. BALL. And these are the rates you gave him?
Mrs. JOHNSON. Yes.
Mr. BALL. I would like this marked as an exhibit to this deposition, mark this Exhibit A.
. . .
Mr. BALL. We will make a copy of this and give the original back to you and we will mark this "A." Did he sign that "O. H. Lee" in your presence?
Mrs. JOHNSON. Yes sir.
Mr. BALL. On that day?
Mrs. JOHNSON. Yes, sir; the day he rented the room, they sign the register--they sign the register before I accept any money.
Mr. BALL. I'm talking about this "O. H. Lee" signature on this document; he signed that on that date?
Mrs. JOHNSON. Yes, sir.
== UNQUOTE ==

Here's the link to the rooming house register where Oswald wrote "O.H.Lee".
https://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh20/html/WH_Vol20_0148b.htm

Hank

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #106 on: April 08, 2020, 07:52:43 PM »
That sounds like a claim, not an "examination".

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #106 on: April 08, 2020, 07:52:43 PM »

Offline Hank Sienzant

« Reply #107 on: April 08, 2020, 07:59:18 PM »
That sounds like a claim, not an "examination".

So you want to quibble over the wording in the Warren Report, rather than concede the fact that Oswald signed the register in her presence, which refutes the original claimant's argument that maybe the landlady misunderstood Oswald, and he didn't use the alias.

He did. He signed the register "O.H.Lee".

Here's the original [false] claim, by Jerry Organ:
I believe Oswald claimed he gave the housekeeper his real name, but she got wrong.

I can picture her getting the "Lee" part, then asking him to repeat it.

"My name is Oswald ... Lee."
    "How's that, Mr. Lee?"
    "Oswald [expecting her to take this to be his surname] .... Harvey."

Landlady unsure how to spell Oswald [thinks it's his first name] and writes down O.H. No problem, since she figures she got his last name right. Oswald likes Secret Agent shows, so he's happy he got an innocent "alias"; will throw off the "notorious FBI".

Hank
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 08:03:16 PM by Hank Sienzant »

Offline Hank Sienzant

« Reply #108 on: April 08, 2020, 07:59:35 PM »
That’s a strawman. Jerry didn't claim that these register signings helped frame Oswald or ensured that the assassination happened. He’s just saying that they are evidence that Oswald was somewhere else than where the narrative claimed he was at those times.

NOPE. He suggested far more than that. And arbitrarily limited the choices to two:

SuperLee either traveled around like a speeding bullet or someone was impersonating him and/or  forging his signature...WHY?

He also added the below, acknowledging a third possibility I suggested, but failing to give any reason to dismiss it:
That theory has been advanced before. But it doesn't seem likely that someone could/would sign Oswald's name so perfectly [just as a lark]   
Have another glance at the register--- all but a couple of entries are from Texas...compile the chances on that.
Odd is how the 'Oswald' date is entered...the writing doesn't really match does it?!

All the best,
Hank
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 08:05:42 PM by Hank Sienzant »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #108 on: April 08, 2020, 07:59:35 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #109 on: April 08, 2020, 08:03:26 PM »
So you want to quibble over the wording in the Warren Report, rather than concede the fact that Oswald signed the register in her presence, which refutes the original claimant's argument that maybe the landlady misunderstood Oswald, and he didn't use the alias.

Not that handwriting analysis is reliable or scientific, but they didn't even bother to do that.  I'm not sure how this qualifies as "analysis".

To me it doesn't look like a "register" at all, but a list of payments thrown together after the fact in one sitting.  And why in the world would it ever be classified "Top Secret"?

Offline Hank Sienzant

« Reply #110 on: April 08, 2020, 09:06:46 PM »
Not that handwriting analysis is reliable or scientific, but they didn't even bother to do that.  I'm not sure how this qualifies as "analysis".

To me it doesn't look like a "register" at all, but a list of payments thrown together after the fact in one sitting.  And why in the world would it ever be classified "Top Secret"?

So more quibbles over the wording. He signed it in the presence of Mrs. Johnson. You doubt he did that and she was part of the frame-up?

Nobody cares what it looks like to you. It might be one page from a notebook - it looks like each boarder had a page. Oswald certainly had his own. Business records are acceptable as evidence. And this was the rooming house's business record. It wasn't a big business, it was one home with multiple rooms being rented by the week. That home was in the Johnson for over 50 years since the assassination. You don't get to tell the Johnsons how they should maintain their business records.

Bottom line: Oswald used the alias of O.H.Lee at the rooming house, as affirmed by the business record, as affirmed by Mrs. Johnson, and as affirmed by Ruth Paine and Marina Oswald, both of whom testified they called the rooming house and asked for Oswald, but were told there was no Oswald there.

And studies have shown the government stamps far too much top secret, It wasn't top secret for long as it was published in the Warren Commission volumes of evidence in 1964.

You too give the impression of a drowning man thrashing about trying to grab onto whatever is handy in an attempt to keep your head above water. It's a great impression, just not very effective in the face of the evidence.

Hank
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 01:56:18 AM by Hank Sienzant »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #110 on: April 08, 2020, 09:06:46 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #111 on: April 08, 2020, 09:37:25 PM »
So more quibbles over the wording. He signed it in the presence of Mrs. Johnson. You doubt he did that and she was part of the frame-up?

It's not a quibble.  "Mrs. Johnson said so" isn't an "examination", so why does the Warren report say that there was an examination?

Nobody cares what it looks like to you. It might be one page from a notebook - it looks like each boarder had a page.

Really?  Let's see the other ones.

Oswald certainly had his own. Business records are acceptable as evidence.

This isn't evidence that Oswald misrepresented his name as opposed to Johnson misunderstanding him.  It's just a piece of paper with "O.H. Lee" on it.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 09:38:43 PM by John Iacoletti »