Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Whose Target was General Edwin Walker?  (Read 79814 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Whose Target was General Edwin Walker?
« Reply #480 on: April 16, 2020, 03:23:05 PM »
Advertisement
General Walker swore he had never heard of Lee Oswald before 11/22/63   

Mr. LIEBELER. Do you know Helmet Hubert Muench?
General WALKER. That name is not familiar to me. Can you give me anything to refresh me?
Mr. LIEBELER. Yes. He is a West German journalist who wrote an article that appeared in the Deutsche Nationalzeitung und Soldatenzeitung, a Munich, Germany, newspaper.
General WALKER. No; I don't know him.
Mr. LIEBELER. Did you ever talk to him?
General WALKER. Not that I know of.
Mr. LIEBELER. Did you talk to him on a transatlantic telephone call in which you told him about the fact or the alleged fact that Lee Harvey Oswald was the person who made an attempt on your life?
General WALKER. I don't recall that name. Did he speak English? I don't speak German.
Mr. LIEBELER. Have you ever seen a copy of that newspaper?
General WALKER. Yes; I have.
Mr. LIEBELER. In fact, I suggest that you have seen the November 29, 1963, copy of that newspaper which had on its front page a story entitled in German "The Strange Case of Oswald", that told about how Oswald had allegedly attacked you.
General WALKER. November 29, that is correct.
Mr. LIEBELER. Now, where did that newspaper get that information, do you know?
General WALKER. I do not. There was all article in the paper that he probably got from me.
Mr. LIEBELER. Well, in fact, the issue of that newspaper has right on the front page what purports to be a transcript of a telephone conversation between you and some other person.
General WALKER. Thorsten?
Mr. LIEBELER. Yes. Hasso Thorsten, is that the man?
General WALKER. He called me in Shreveport.
Mr. LIEBELER. When were you in Shreveport?
General WALKER. He called me the morning of November 23, 1963, about 7 a.m.
Mr. LIEBELER. That is when you gave him this information about Oswald having attacked you?
General WALKER. I didn't give him all the information--I think the portion you are referring to, I didn't give him, because I had no way of knowing that Oswald attacked me. I still don't. And I am not very prone to say in fact he did. In fact, I have always claimed he did not, until we can get into the case or somebody tells us differently that he did.
Mr. LIEBELER. Do you have a record here that indicates when you were in Shreveport?
General WALKER. I don't know that I have a record here. I can tell you definitely when I was in Shreveport.
Mr. LIEBELER. Would you?
General WALKER. Well, starting back to make the record clear, I had a speaking engagement in Hattiesburg, Miss., either the 18th or 19th of November. I went from there to New Orleans and stayed 2 or 3 days. I was in the airplane between New Orleans and Shreveport about halfway, when the pilot announced that the President had been assassinated. I landed in Shreveport and went to the Captain Shreve Hotel and stayed there two nights and returned to Dallas and was walking into my house, just about the time of the immediate rerun of the shooting of Oswald. I had been out of the city on speaking engagements.
Mr. LIEBELER. The question was, when were you in Shreveport, and when did you talk to this man?
General WALKER. I was in Shreveport the night of the 23d and the night of the 22d. Do you have a transcript of my conversation with Mr. Thorsten?
Mr. LIEBELER. Yes, sir.
General WALKER. Sir?
Mr. LIEBELER. I have what appears to be that; yes.
General WALKER. Where did you get that?
Mr. LIEBELER. It is apparently taken from the newspaper. The newspaper itself had a transcript printed right in it.
General WALKER. I believe the article you referred to in the newspaper was separate from the other article in the paper which evolved out of the conversation.
Mr. LIEBELER. Now so that there were in this particular issue of the newspaper two transcripts of a conversation between yourself and Thorsten, and also a story about how Oswald had allegedly fired at you, is that correct?
General WALKER. In the newspaper I remember two separate articles. One based upon the conversation we had between us, as he understood it, and then as a separate article which I consider that the newspaper had done on its own.
Mr. LIEBELER. What was the separate article about? Did that have any reference to the fact that Oswald had allegedly fired at you?
General WALKER. Yes. As I remember the article, it alleged that Oswald was the one that had fired at me, and that this had been known earlier, and that this had been known and that nothing was done about it.
And if something had been done about it at that time, he wouldn't have been the man that--it wouldn't have been possible for him to have killed the President.
Mr. LIEBELER. Well, now, did you tell anybody from this newspaper that Oswald had shot at you and that this had been known prior to the time of the assassination of the President?
General WALKER. No; I did not. I wouldn't have known it. It was much later that they began to tie Oswald into me, and I don't even know it yet.
Mr. LIEBELER. And you certainly didn't know it before November 22?
General WALKER. Or the morning of the 23d, certainly not. I was very surprised to see the article.
Mr. LIEBELER. So the best of your recollection is that you never provided them with the information?
General WALKER. I did not. I didn't know it at the time of this conversation at all. I didn't know it until I started reading the newspaper, which would have been later than then.
Mr. LIEBELER. I think that is right, so that you only had two conversations with these people, is that correct?
General WALKER. In connection with this incident, as I remember, there was a call back to verify something on the original conversation? I don't remember how the conversation came about. There were two telephone conversations; right.
Mr. LIEBELER. They both took place while you were down in Louisiana, the 23d and the 22d of November?
General WALKER. The first one was 7 o'clock in the morning the 23d, and it woke me up.

Do you believe Walker??

Is the transcript of the conversation highlighted above available?

On Friday evening 11 / 22 /63  a "voice" in the crowd of reporters, asked Chief Curry if there was any connection between the murder of JFK and the attack on General Walker.....   Curry didn't rise to the bait and simply shrugged the question aside.    When Walker learned that the "Voice" had been unsuccessful, he was panic stricken because the attack on him was supposed to prove that FBI agent Hosty was correct when he told Detective Jack Reville " We knew that he (LHO) was capable of shooting the President"     Walker had planned for Lee Oswald to be found to be the person who had tried to kill him back in April.

Mr. LIEBELER. When were you in Shreveport?
General WALKER. He called me the morning of November 23, 1963, about 7 a.m.
Mr. LIEBELER. That is when you gave him this information about Oswald having attacked you?
General WALKER. I didn't give him all the information--I think the portion you are referring to, I didn't give him, because I had no way of knowing that Oswald attacked me. I still don't. And I am not very prone to say in fact he did. In fact, I have always claimed he did not, until we can get into the case or somebody tells us differently that he did.

Do you believe Walker?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 03:38:43 PM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #480 on: April 16, 2020, 03:23:05 PM »

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #481 on: April 16, 2020, 07:20:48 PM »
Thanks Gary, I read the documents that you provided the link to......But I didn't understand a single word in the German documents :D....

Hoover's letter makes it clear that Walker was the source of the information from which the article was written.

So Hoover knew that Walker knew that Lee Oswald was the person who had fired a bullet through his window..... And yet Walker was never investigated.

It's obvious to me that Walker was a willing participant ( and probably the engineer at the controls)  at  in the hoax shooting at his house on 4 / 10 /63.

Many researchers have referred to the ambush of JFK as a military operation conducted with well planned military precision....  General Walker certainly qualified as 
military strategist....

The telephone transcripts of the 2 conversations are in English but Walker doesn't say anything about knowing LHO was the person who shot at him in them. Are they in the German newpaper copies, (I can't read German either)?

It is noted in JEH's letter to Rankin that the German newspaper article is dated 11/29/63 and Marina didn't divulge the alleged info tying Ozzie to the attempted shooting of Walker until 12/3/63.

So someone at that paper knew the bullet from the Walker shooting was going to be used to tie the TSBD Carcano, and thus LHO, to the shooting, apparently before the authorities in the US.

Did Walker give them the info? If he did, IMO, he had inside info about the Assassination.

-------------------------------

The transcripts and copies of the original newspaper articles etc. are at the MFF link below. 45 pages

"Commission Document 1543 - FBI Letter from Director of 26 Jun 1964 with Attachments"
https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=11938#relPageId=2&tab=page

« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 07:38:00 PM by Gary Craig »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #482 on: April 16, 2020, 08:15:43 PM »
The telephone transcripts of the 2 conversations are in English but Walker doesn't say anything about knowing LHO was the person who shot at him in them. Are they in the German newpaper copies, (I can't read German either)?

It is noted in JEH's letter to Rankin that the German newspaper article is dated 11/29/63 and Marina didn't divulge the alleged info tying Ozzie to the attempted shooting of Walker until 12/3/63.

So someone at that paper knew the bullet from the Walker shooting was going to be used to tie the TSBD Carcano, and thus LHO, to the shooting, apparently before the authorities in the US.

Did Walker give them the info? If he did, IMO, he had inside info about the Assassination.

The transcripts and copies of the original newspaper articles etc. are at the MFF link below. 45 pages

"Commission Document 1543 - FBI Letter from Director of 26 Jun 1964 with Attachments"

The telephone transcripts of the 2 conversations are in English but Walker doesn't say anything about knowing LHO was the person who shot at him in them. Are they in the German newpaper copies,

Walker called the news paper editor ( the editor called back )   Then Walker told him that Lee Harvey Oswald had been the culprit who had tried to kill him back in April.    The newspaper story doesn't say that specifically but it's obvious that Walker called the editor early Saturday morning for a reason.   He wanted Lee Oswald connected to the attempt to shoot him back in April.    This would solidify the statement that FBI agent Hosty made to Jack Reville.   Hosty told Reville   " We knew that he was capable of shooting the president ( because we knew that he had tried to shoot General Walker) But we didn't think he'd do it.

Yes, I think it's clear that Walker told the newspaper that Lee Oswald was the culprit who had tried to kill him as he sat in his study on the night of April 10, 1963.

The News story says...."The murderer of Kennedy made an attempt on US General Walker's life early in the summer when General Walker was sitting in his study"   This story was written in conjunction with the telephone call from Walker .....  So obviously Walker gave the story to the newspaper.

And I strongly suspect that the newspaper story caused the FBI to start questioning Marina about the Walker incident.   

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #482 on: April 16, 2020, 08:15:43 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #483 on: April 17, 2020, 04:53:44 PM »

I'm sure he did......and I agree,   Walker was involved in the coup d e'tat up to his eyeballs......

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #484 on: April 17, 2020, 05:09:48 PM »

I'm sure he did......and I agree,   Walker was involved in the coup d e'tat up to his eyeballs......
                                                                          Thumb1:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #484 on: April 17, 2020, 05:09:48 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #485 on: April 17, 2020, 05:43:08 PM »
                                                                           Thumb1:

Have you read Walker's testimony before LBJ's Special select cover up committee?

Any junior Dick Tracy ( who hadn't even earned his Junior Crime Stoppers Badge yet) could see that Walker was lying his eyes out, and yet no action was taken against him for lying under oath.    THAT speaks volumes!

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #486 on: April 17, 2020, 07:32:24 PM »
Re: The Deutsche_NZ article--
 After the Walker 'episode', Oswald was 'seized' Really? ...but the investigation was stopped by the AG? Nah--- I don't buy it.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #486 on: April 17, 2020, 07:32:24 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #487 on: April 17, 2020, 07:39:39 PM »
Re: The Deutsche_NZ article--
 After the Walker 'episode', Oswald was 'seized' Really? ...but the investigation was stopped by the AG? Nah--- I don't buy it.

After the Walker 'episode', Oswald was 'seized' Really? .  No that didn't happen, but I'll bet it's something that Walker suggested when he was talking to the reporter.....   

.but the investigation was stopped by the AG? Nah--- I don't buy it.

Nor do I.....I think that was probably Walker's way of bruising Bobby Kenny's feelings.....  He hated RFK because Bobby had ordered Walker into the Springfeild mental hospital after Walker had cause so much trouble at Ol Miss.....