Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Whose Target was General Edwin Walker?  (Read 78349 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Whose Target was General Edwin Walker?
« Reply #328 on: September 18, 2018, 02:53:57 AM »
Advertisement
"Please note that on November 29 the Editor of the German paper thought that Lee Oswald had been seized by the police but Robert Kennedy had intervened and curtailed any investigation."

It doesn't say the editor thought that. It says as it was reported to them.

"Any reasonably intelligent person can see that this is a lie and an invention of the loony General Edwin A Walker. ( who hated the Kennedy's)"

No, any reasonably intelligent person would want to see/read the relevant information/proof linking the
origination of the story to Walker. Smells like disinfo to me. Reporters were asking Dallas LE, in the hallways of the building LHO was held, if there was a connection between the attempt on Walker and JFK's murder.

"Based on the fact that Walker was a damned liar, Who would believe anything the man said???"

Sounds like you've made your mind up.

It doesn't say the editor thought that. It says as it was reported to them.

Mere semantics.... The fact is; Walker told the editor that Oswald had fired a bullet through his window ...

Of course I've reached a conclusion....Walker said that he didn't know who had fired a bullet through his window but just 18 hours after JFK was murdered Walker was on the phone telling the editor that it was Oswald who had fired the bullet through his window.

Sounds like you've made your mind up.

Of course I've made up my mind....This isn't very difficult to understand....( unless a person lacks the guts and brains to face reality.)

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #328 on: September 18, 2018, 02:53:57 AM »

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #329 on: September 19, 2018, 04:01:14 PM »
"On April 10, 1963, a sniper fired at General Edwin Walker, a right wing leader in Dallas, as he sat at his
desk in his home. The bullet missed his head by about an inch.
In 1964, a commission headed by Chief Justice Earl Warren to investigate the assassination of President
John F. Kennedy in Dallas on Nov. 22, 1963, identified the assassin, Lee Harvey Oswald, as the same man who had fired at General Walker.
The Warren Commission, relying on testimony from Oswald's widow, Marina, said Oswald tried to kill the general because he was "an extremist," and it cited the incident as evidence of Oswald's capacity for violence."

April 11, 1963 - General Edwin Walker interviewed after shooting incident

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #330 on: September 19, 2018, 04:05:17 PM »
"In the days after President Kennedy's murder, Chief Curry was constantly making himself
available to the press in the corridors of Dallas City Hall. And the various newsmen were
more than happy to interview Curry for as long as he wanted to stay in front of the cameras
and microphones."

At 6:10 Curry is asked if the Walker shooting is connected.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #330 on: September 19, 2018, 04:05:17 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #331 on: September 19, 2018, 07:01:45 PM »
"You may recall that Walker telephoned a newspaper editor in Germany about 18 hours after the murder of JFK, and told the editor (who was a personal friend of EAW) that Lee Oswald was the culprit who had tried to kill him in April."

I don't recall that. But if you would post the relevant information/evidence I would be interested in looking.

"This incident reveals that Walker was involved in the plot to murder JFK and he was desperate to pile as much derogatory "evidence" as possible on the accused patsy"

If that's the case, why would he challenge the authenticity of the bullet in evidence linking LHO and the TSBD Carcano to the alleged attempt on his life?

"Walker was a key conspirator .....and you apparently believe he was an honest man of sterling character, and you believe everything he said."

I didn't convey any type of judgment regarding Walker's character.

I don't recall that. But if you would post the relevant information/evidence I would be interested in looking.

I'm sorry Mr Craig.....I mistakenly assumed that I was dealing with a person who knew the basic facts..... Apparently you are not well versed in the case.

If that's the case, why would he challenge the authenticity of the bullet in evidence linking LHO and the TSBD Carcano to the alleged attempt on his life?

Apparently you are unaware that you are referring to two widely separated conversations.....

On Saturday 11 / 23 /63 Walker was in a panic.....   He thought that the noose was closing around his neck because LHO had not been killed and he was in the hands of the police who were revealing that they had a very weak case against Lee Oswald and they were suggesting had he accomplices .......

At THAT moment in history (11/23/63) Walker wanted to bolster the case against LHO  .....  Later he wanted to discredit the information which up until then he had pretended he had no knowledge of.  ( He claimed that he didn't know who had fired the bullet through his window) yet here he was less than 20 hours after the murder of JFK, telling a newspaper editor that it was Oswald who had tried to kill him.

Later by claiming the bullet was not the bullet that the police had recovered in his house, I believe that he thought that he could confuse the issue....    At least that's the way I see it....But it's hard to determine what Walker was thinking because he was a real mental case.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 07:11:30 PM by Walt Cakebread »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #332 on: September 19, 2018, 07:17:21 PM »
"On April 10, 1963, a sniper fired at General Edwin Walker, a right wing leader in Dallas, as he sat at his
desk in his home. The bullet missed his head by about an inch.
In 1964, a commission headed by Chief Justice Earl Warren to investigate the assassination of President
John F. Kennedy in Dallas on Nov. 22, 1963, identified the assassin, Lee Harvey Oswald, as the same man who had fired at General Walker.
The Warren Commission, relying on testimony from Oswald's widow, Marina, said Oswald tried to kill the general because he was "an extremist," and it cited the incident as evidence of Oswald's capacity for violence."

April 11, 1963 - General Edwin Walker interviewed after shooting incident

You don't believe the incident was a hoax and a publicity stunt to draw attention to Walker???

LISTEN to the looney Bastroid.....

Here he is using the event to attack JFK and his administration .....   This was Walker's motive behind the hoax....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #332 on: September 19, 2018, 07:17:21 PM »

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #333 on: September 20, 2018, 04:35:14 AM »
Why wouldn't it be a better path? It connected directly to the Stemmons Freeway.

You are the new game player on here as Brown has taken a hiatus. The WC claimed in 1964.that Main Street was better and that the two turns were needed, but they FAILED to support these claims.

Now, in 2018, you are trying to get me to disprove their claims when they NEVER supported them let alone proved them. It won't work. Elm Street was as wide as Main Street and connected directly to Stemmons Freeway, thus, it was the better option. Live with it.
I'm trying to get you to show that the straight-through-Elm route was superior to Main, and to do so in the terms of someone planning a route according to the political considerations of 1963. That is the only acceptable standard of proof.  I'm sure that minimizing the number of turns would not have been high on the agenda, contra your own expectations. Otherwise, the motorcade would have turned right on Mockingbird, left on Harry Hines, and taken the shortest, fastest, and most direct route to the Trade Mart.

They weren't that concerned about turns. The motorcade route through downtown Ft Worth had it's own superfluous turnery, especially where the route bends on three quick, successive elbows: from Main right to Weatherford, Weatherford left to Commerce, and Commerce left to Belknap. They could have just gone down Commerce from the Hotel Texas (this would have also avoided a left and right just after departing the hotel) to Belknap. Or they could have turned left from Main to Weatrherford and made it to Jacksboro highway just as easily as they would have on Belknap.  But they didn't; counting turns just wasn't important. Especially at the low speeds the limo ran among the downtown throngs.

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #334 on: September 20, 2018, 04:42:18 AM »
I'm trying to get you to show that the straight-through-Elm route was superior to Main, and to do so in the terms of someone planning a route according to the political considerations of 1963. That is the only acceptable standard of proof.  I'm sure that minimizing the number of turns would not have been high on the agenda, contra your own expectations. Otherwise, the motorcade would have turned right on Mockingbird, left on Harry Hines, and taken the shortest, fastest, and most direct route to the Trade Mart.

They weren't that concerned about turns. The motorcade route through downtown Ft Worth had it's own superfluous turnery, especially where the route bends on three quick, successive elbows: from Main right to Weatherford, Weatherford left to Commerce, and Commerce left to Belknap. They could have just gone down Commerce from the Hotel Texas (this would have also avoided a left and right just after departing the hotel) to Belknap. Or they could have turned left from Main to Weatrherford and made it to Jacksboro highway just as easily as they would have on Belknap.  But they didn't; counting turns just wasn't important. Especially at the low speeds the limo ran among the downtown throngs.

Your trying to shift the burden. It won't work. The WC claimed in 1964 that Main Street had advantages over streets like Elm, but utterly failed to support this claim. You have also failed to support it.

Those two turns were NOT needed. End of story.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #334 on: September 20, 2018, 04:42:18 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #335 on: September 21, 2018, 08:47:13 PM »
Copout. No LNer can ever support the WC's claims, but that doesn't stop them from supporting these claims. This should be found odd by any honest person.

Wally can't support his claims. Nothing new there.

Roger Craig never saw a mauser in the TSBD that afternoon, Rob.....

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.....Cicero