Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Whose Target was General Edwin Walker?  (Read 78295 times)

Offline Rob Caprio

Re: Whose Target was General Edwin Walker?
« Reply #224 on: September 08, 2018, 01:57:44 AM »
Advertisement
I'm saying that he couldn't have seen CE573 on the televised HSCA hearings  ("The bullet used and pictured on the TV by US Senate G. Robert Blakey
Committee on Assassinations") as his letter to the Attorney General claimed. Given that he uses "any unfired bullet in shape or form" as a reference in the same letter, I'd say he saw CE399 and assumed it was the letter fired at him. By t1979, he was a perverted, 70-old geezer who'd been groping random people around White Rock Lake (and had been twice arrested for it), so he likely wasn't particularly straight in the head by then.

So you are calling him a liar. Prove it. He was a retired general so he certainly knew steel-jacketed ammunition from copper-jacketed ammunition.

In case you missed it, there is NO chain of custody for CE 573 so it is worthless as evidence.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #224 on: September 08, 2018, 01:57:44 AM »

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #225 on: September 08, 2018, 02:16:12 AM »
You haven't "proven" anything.  The map and events speak for themselves. Elm Street should have been used.

It is quite laughable that you think that you have proven otherwise.

Oh, but I did, grasshopper.
Let me bring back CE2113.

Notice that Elm, Main, and Commerce (in fact, most of the streets in the old CDB) are shown as being wider that either the North- and South-bound carriageways of I-35E, and the Stemmons carriageways are shown as no wider than their entry/exit ramps. None of that was true. That's how we know that the map is a schematic rather than a to-scale representation of downtown streets. If you can't trust it to show that 35E was wider than Elm, Main, or Commerce, then you can't rely on it to claim Elm was as wide as Main.

<yawn> The fact that they used two unnecessary turns to get onto Elm Street makes your whole claim moot. They used Elm to get onto Stemmons Freeway so they should have simply turned onto Elm Street and NOT Main Street.

Online Jerry Organ

« Reply #226 on: September 08, 2018, 04:29:30 AM »

In Dealey Plaza, Commerce, Elm and Main were all designed the same width and originally had four lanes which allowed two-way traffic.

I believe the construction of the Stemmons Freeway caused Elm to be reconfigured for three lanes going one-way.

Commerce was made one-way but kept its four lanes. Main retained two-way traffic.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #226 on: September 08, 2018, 04:29:30 AM »

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #227 on: September 08, 2018, 05:55:23 PM »
Do they make any mention of showing any bullet?

I know they showed photos of CE399 multiple times, during testimony by Baden, Wecht and Sturdivan.

However

I have been able to find where a photo of CE573 was shown in the HSCA hearings. It was displayed as exhibit F-107 during the firearms panel testimony.
Walker could indeed be referring to that.

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #228 on: September 08, 2018, 06:07:21 PM »
Here's a photo of Dallas taken in the 50s. Seems Elm St and Main St are of similar widths, but to my eye, Elm Street looking wider.

It kinda does, but that's because there's angled parking on main at the old county courthouse, and parallel parking along Elm (which has two way traffic in this photo). The angled parking on Main seems to be gone by '63, and Elm was converted to a one-way street. By then, Elm was three lanes of through traffic, and Main was four.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #228 on: September 08, 2018, 06:07:21 PM »

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #229 on: September 08, 2018, 06:17:09 PM »
<yawn> The fact that they used two unnecessary turns to get onto Elm Street makes your whole claim moot. They used Elm to get onto Stemmons Freeway so they should have simply turned onto Elm Street and NOT Main Street.

As someone else has already noted, bringing the motorcade down Elm still would have run it right past the TSBD, and given how slow the motorcade was moving through downtown, the direct Elm route was not going to be much faster, and maybe not any faster than the what happened on the Main-Elm route.

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #230 on: September 08, 2018, 09:35:41 PM »
Here's a photo of Dallas taken in the 50s. Seems Elm St and Main St are of similar widths, but to my eye, Elm Street looking wider.

On this one taken in '63, Main looks wider than Elm, but Commerce looks even wider. That may just be due to the angle it was taken.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 11:45:40 PM by Mitch Todd »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #230 on: September 08, 2018, 09:35:41 PM »

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #231 on: September 09, 2018, 01:54:15 AM »
So you are calling him a liar. Prove it. He was a retired general so he certainly knew steel-jacketed ammunition from copper-jacketed ammunition.

In case you missed it, there is NO chain of custody for CE 573 so it is worthless as evidence.
Not so much a liar as simply messed up in the head; that is to say a deranged old man who's obsessed with Commies and groping people in public parks. And what training do Generals have that makes them experts at determining the construction of spent ammunition?

BTW,  how can you say there is NO chain of custody. Are you sure that one absolutely does not exist? Or have you (or more likely the sources you crib from) simply not put forth the effort?