Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Whose Target was General Edwin Walker?  (Read 78283 times)

Offline Bill Chapman

Re: Whose Target was General Edwin Walker?
« Reply #160 on: September 03, 2018, 05:25:29 PM »
Advertisement
The following speaks to Fritz's statement about steel v copper FMJ ammo identification

What is steel-jacketed ammo?
https://www.thehighroad.org/index.php?threads/what-is-steel-jacketed-ammo.31351/

[EXCERPT]

Steel-jacketed ammo is ammunition in which the bullet (not the case) has a steel covering; some manufacturers (usually military) use steel because it's cheaper than gilding metal (the copper alloy used on most jacketed ammo). If you've got a magnet and/or a hacksaw, it's usually fairly simple to tell if your ammo has a steel jacket. Looks alone can fool you, because they do make copper-washed steel-jacketed ammo, which just has a thin coppper coating on the steel jacket.

If a magnet sticks to the point of the bullet, the bullet will either have a steel jacket or a steel core (or possibly both), and if you cut through the bullet with a hacksaw, you'll be able to see if there's anything besides lead in the core. HTH.
SDC, Jul 15, 2003 #2
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 05:42:05 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #160 on: September 03, 2018, 05:25:29 PM »

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #161 on: September 03, 2018, 06:20:04 PM »
There is NO chain of custody for CE 573. None. It couldn't even be tied to CE 139 for goodness sake.

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #162 on: September 03, 2018, 08:27:15 PM »
There is NO chain of custody for CE 573. None. It couldn't even be tied to CE 139 for goodness sake.

Are you responding to me? If so, why have you not addressed my research regarding the copper v steel identification issue raised by Fritz (a trained experienced detective)? Rob Caprio, the not-so-artful dodger.

'It couldn't even be tied to CE 139'
>>> Are you sure the W bullet was completely dismissed, or was it was it placed in the 'could not be dismissed' category. Pretty sure the latter is the more accurate determination.

Firearm Factoids
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/firearms_hsca.htm

[EXCERPT]

14. Regarding the bullet fired at General Walker, the FBI was unable to identify it with the rifle found on the sixth floor of the depository due to its mutilated condition, (46) although it had the same physical characteristics as the bullet of the cartridge found in the chamber of the Mannlicher-Carcano rifle and other Mannlicher-Carcano ammunition.(47)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 08:47:09 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #162 on: September 03, 2018, 08:27:15 PM »

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #163 on: September 03, 2018, 10:20:54 PM »
Their traing and experience? Duh.
You don't know, do you? I mean, if you were to see a bullet lying in the grass, how would you tell if it were steel jacketed or copper jacketed?

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #164 on: September 03, 2018, 10:40:22 PM »
You're playing a game. How fast he was driving on November 22 does NOT mean or prove what the stated speed was supposed to be in the SS manual. In fact, Greer's actions or inactions are one of the big reasons that the assassination was successful.

You haven't proven anything. Prouty's knowledge in this area was much greater than yours.

I'm not the one playing games. The guy playing games is the one trying to push the erroneous notion that I said that there was some "stated speed" in "the SS maunual." I have noted that Greer said the motorcade ran through Dallas at 15mph once the crowds built up.  I've also noted that film of other of JFK motorcades where the limo is moving quite slowly, maybe 15mph, maybe even slower. Anyone who remembers TV news in the 1980's might remember film of the Presidential limo driving through Washington DC with SS agents jogging alongside. 15mph happens to be a 15-minute mile. I seriously doubt the agents keeping up with The Gipper were making that kind of time in trenchcoats and Brooks Brothers' suits.

Now, your evidence for a 44mph minimum speed is....? Your evidence that Prouty knew any more about Presidential protection is.....?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #164 on: September 03, 2018, 10:40:22 PM »

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #165 on: September 03, 2018, 10:51:19 PM »
Are you responding to me? If so, why have you not addressed my research regarding the copper v steel identification issue raised by Fritz (a trained experienced detective)? Rob Caprio, the not-so-artful dodger.

'It couldn't even be tied to CE 139'
>>> Are you sure the W bullet was completely dismissed, or was it was it placed in the 'could not be dismissed' category. Pretty sure the latter is the more accurate determination.

Firearm Factoids
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/firearms_hsca.htm

[EXCERPT]

14. Regarding the bullet fired at General Walker, the FBI was unable to identify it with the rifle found on the sixth floor of the depository due to its mutilated condition, (46) although it had the same physical characteristics as the bullet of the cartridge found in the chamber of the Mannlicher-Carcano rifle and other Mannlicher-Carcano ammunition.(47)

What a big ego you have. I wasn't responding to you. None of your comments alter what I wrote. CE 573 is worthless for the WC's claim, and of course yours.

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #166 on: September 03, 2018, 10:59:55 PM »
You don't know, do you? I mean, if you were to see a bullet lying in the grass, how would you tell if it were steel jacketed or copper jacketed?

Nice try, but trained police officers and crime scene investigators sure can tell the difference. Why do you LNers make this about the other poster instead of the evidence?

I am sure they would pick it up and look at it. EAW is on record saying that CE 573 was NOT the bullet that he saw and held on April 10, 1963.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #166 on: September 03, 2018, 10:59:55 PM »

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #167 on: September 03, 2018, 11:08:49 PM »
I'm not the one playing games. The guy playing games is the one trying to push the erroneous notion that I said that there was some "stated speed" in "the SS maunual." I have noted that Greer said the motorcade ran through Dallas at 15mph once the crowds built up.  I've also noted that film of other of JFK motorcades where the limo is moving quite slowly, maybe 15mph, maybe even slower. Anyone who remembers TV news in the 1980's might remember film of the Presidential limo driving through Washington DC with SS agents jogging alongside. 15mph happens to be a 15-minute mile. I seriously doubt the agents keeping up with The Gipper were making that kind of time in trenchcoats and Brooks Brothers' suits.

Now, your evidence for a 44mph minimum speed is....? Your evidence that Prouty knew any more about Presidential protection is.....?

First of all, the 44 m.p.h. speed was brought up by someone else in this thread. Your lookalike brought it up and you dumped it on me. Secondly, it is a moot point since the two turns were added to make sure that JFK didn't travel down Main Street at a faster rate of speed.

The unnecessary two turns are the issue, but of course you don't want to tackle that issue.