Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Whose Target was General Edwin Walker?  (Read 79808 times)

Online Mitch Todd

Re: Whose Target was General Edwin Walker?
« Reply #152 on: September 02, 2018, 08:48:44 PM »
Advertisement
FYI.....The 6.5 FMJ projectile is NOT copper jacketed.....The Italian bullet is a white colored metal that looks like steel, but it is a soft, malleable, non magnetic metal.

The bullets in the SMI rounds come in a number pf "colors" depending on when and where the bullet was produced.

"Ball 'Cartucce a pallottola' or 'Cartuccia a palla ordinaria'
    Round nose, full metal jacket bullet with lead core, jacket materials include copper-nickle, gilding metal, copper-nickle plated steel and gilding metal plated steel."

(from a copy of Alex Eichner's old site at http://personal.stevens.edu/~gliberat/carcano/ammo/history.html)

The silvery-looking jackets aren't steel but cupronickel, FYI

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #152 on: September 02, 2018, 08:48:44 PM »

Offline Ross Lidell

« Reply #153 on: September 02, 2018, 10:42:17 PM »
Much of the early critical work that received a wide following was from the left. But at the same time--the mid-1960s--there were theories published in right-wing journals, as well.

I would argue that the "Saturday Evening Post" and "Argosy" were fairly right-wing, and they published many conspiracy articles over time. The "Post" published Josiah Thompson's article (based on exempts from his book) in late-1967. Epstein was considered a responsible critic. Which side of the left/right spectrum does Thompson and Epstein fall?

What about Sylvan Fox, whose book "The Unanswered Questions about the Kennedy Assassination", was widely-distributed?

Jerry: I'm a great admirer of your visual work (autopsy) displayed on this forum. Insightful and accurate in my opinion. Therefore, I must correct the error: based on "exempts". It should be: based on "excerpts".

The journals mentioned (SEP etc) published stories about the JFK Assassination because they would appeal to curious reader's minds. The conspiracy articles were promoted due to routine business decisions.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 11:13:44 PM by Ross Lidell »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #154 on: September 02, 2018, 10:59:54 PM »
Jerry: I'm a great admirer of your visual work (autopsy) displayed on this forum. Insightful and accurate in my opinion. Therefore, I must correct the error: based on "exempts" should be: based on "excerpts".

Thanks, Ross. I don't mind having typos corrected. I have a desktop (for SketchUp and games), but often-times I'm typing on a Samsung Plus netbook with a Chiclet keyboard. While trying to follow something on TV!

I imagine others here have similar technical challenges.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #154 on: September 02, 2018, 10:59:54 PM »

Offline Ross Lidell

« Reply #155 on: September 02, 2018, 11:15:47 PM »
Thanks, Ross. I don't mind having typos corrected. I have a desktop (for SketchUp and games), but often-times I'm typing on a Samsung Plus netbook with a Chiclet keyboard. While trying to follow something on TV!

I imagine others here have similar technical challenges.

Jerry: This is off-topic. Anybody ever tell you that you look like "Frank Cannon"? Some people say I look like JFK... in profile.

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #156 on: September 03, 2018, 01:16:13 AM »
Jerry: This is off-topic. Anybody ever tell you that you look like "Frank Cannon"? Some people say I look like JFK... in profile.

Yes, I look like Cannon, just much older and not as handsome. I also get the Seinfeld guy "George".

I got some "Cannon" DVDs on-hold at the library. I'm just finishing the last season of "The Streets of San Francisco" with Richard Hatch, who played Malden's partner that year. I like him better than the Michael Douglas character of the show's past seasons. Don't get me wrong, Michael Douglas is great (to me) in most of his movies and that Liberace role.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #156 on: September 03, 2018, 01:16:13 AM »

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #157 on: September 03, 2018, 05:15:42 PM »
To quote an often repeated two-word phrase of yours ....

prove it

Already did. This is why there will never be any true dialogue as most, if not all, of the LNers never read what is posted unless it states, "LHO IS GUILTY. "

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #158 on: September 03, 2018, 05:16:46 PM »
Not what I asked. I asked how you, "trained police investigators" or General Walker, can tell a steel jacketed bull[et] from a copper jacketed one?

Their training and experience? Duh.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 10:53:35 PM by Rob Caprio »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #158 on: September 03, 2018, 05:16:46 PM »

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #159 on: September 03, 2018, 05:21:26 PM »
Greer drove the limo. He is the direct source for how fast it was driven, and there is enough film of it being driven slowly down the street in other motorcades to back him up.
You haven't proven that. If anything, you've demonstrated how much your thinking works backwards.

You're playing a game. How fast he was driving on November 22 does NOT mean or prove what the stated speed was supposed to be in the SS manual. In fact, Greer's actions or inactions are one of the big reasons that the assassination was successful.

You haven't proven anything. Prouty's knowledge in this area was much greater than yours.