Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Whose Target was General Edwin Walker?  (Read 79905 times)

Online John Iacoletti

Re: Whose Target was General Edwin Walker?
« Reply #96 on: August 30, 2018, 06:37:12 PM »
Advertisement
The confession to Marina isn't worthless but it should not be taken to heart in the absence of corroborating evidence. Like for example, did she tell anyone about it before her husband was killed? Did she keep a diary? Her word alone isn't enough given her credibility problems.

Marina said a lot of things.

Marina Oswald Porter's Statements of a Contradictory Nature

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #96 on: August 30, 2018, 06:37:12 PM »

Online John Iacoletti

« Reply #97 on: August 30, 2018, 06:46:38 PM »

What page is that on? From the Warren Report------
https://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh16/pdf/WH16_CE_18.pdf
Anyone? Anybody at all........................

Page 3, top left.

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #98 on: August 30, 2018, 07:46:46 PM »
Marina Oswald had terrible memory in her testimonies over important details like Dates, descriptions of events, descriptions of the rifle, descriptions of the bathroom door she allegedly held shut so Lee wouldn?t shoot Nixon, Lee?s camera used for the Backyard Photos, etc.. She either lied constantly or had a terrible memory.

I take with a grain of salt her testimony about the Unsigned and Undated letter.

Apples and oranges. It's one thing to say that you can't remember exact details like date of a photo taken months earlier and another that your husband confessed to trying to shoot someone.  Can you see how a witness might be fuzzy on certain specific details but not on an event like this confessing to attempted murder on the very night that someone tried to kill Walker?  The totality of circumstances and evidence lends itself to a conclusion that Oswald attempted to kill Walker.  But if not, give us a plausible counter-explanation for the note.  Why did Oswald have cause to believe that he might be killed or arrested that night?  Why did he have pictures of Walker's home?  Why would Marina make up this story?  Why would the conspirators need to go to the considerable risk and trouble of linking Oswald to the Walker attempt after Oswald was already dead and there would be no trial and the authorities were satisfied that he was the JFK assassin?   It doesn't add up in a conspiracy narrative.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #98 on: August 30, 2018, 07:46:46 PM »

Online John Iacoletti

« Reply #99 on: August 30, 2018, 08:50:11 PM »
The totality of circumstances and evidence lends itself to a conclusion that Oswald attempted to kill Walker.

Except for that pesky steel-jacketed bullet...

"Marina said so" isn't particularly compelling.  Marina said a lot of things.

Marina Oswald Porter's Statements of a Contradictory Nature

But if not, give us a plausible counter-explanation for the note.

"My assumptions are automatically correct until you prove me wrong".

Online John Iacoletti

« Reply #100 on: August 30, 2018, 08:58:47 PM »
Ugh.  Marina confirmed that she had never heard of LBJ before the assassination.  As a result she had no idea that LBJ was the VP until after the assassination.  She knew Nixon as the VP.   Nixon was a well-known figure who had visited the USSR.  Marina specifically states that in her testimony.

"I believe what Marina says, except when I don't believe what Marina says."

Mrs. OSWALD. The FBI suggested that possibly I was confused between Johnson and Nixon but there is no question that in this incident it was a question of Mr. Nixon. I remember distinctly the name Nixon because I read from the presidential elections that there was a choice between President Kennedy and Mr. Nixon.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #100 on: August 30, 2018, 08:58:47 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #101 on: August 30, 2018, 09:29:22 PM »

Mrs. OSWALD. The FBI suggested that possibly I was confused between Johnson and Nixon but there is no question that in this incident it was a question of Mr. Nixon. I remember distinctly the name Nixon because I read from the presidential elections that there was a choice between President Kennedy and Mr. Nixon.

The Walker incident was a HOAX.....  It was intended to appear as though LHO had tried to kill one of Castro's most vocal foes with the idea that Castro would allow the American secret agent, Lee H Oswald safe sancctuary in Cuba. The "evidence" left behind  ( Rifle under the brush,  Back Yard photos, maps of Walker's neighborhood, photos of Walker's house  ) was deliberate and intended to lead to the culprit who had fled to Cuba.

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #102 on: August 30, 2018, 09:31:28 PM »

:D

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #102 on: August 30, 2018, 09:31:28 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #103 on: August 31, 2018, 02:16:51 AM »
Walker's Ph. #?
https://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh16/pdf/WH16_CE_18.pdf
Page 3, top left.
OK...It's there and there it is.
I would have thought the producers of the Warren Report exhibits would have super-pointed that out.
Well oops there.
I noticed it right above '600 Baliey' [sic] which could be 600 Bailey Ft Worth Tx which is presently a Chase Bank.