Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Whose Target was General Edwin Walker?  (Read 79854 times)

Offline Rob Caprio

Re: Whose Target was General Edwin Walker?
« Reply #88 on: August 30, 2018, 03:13:53 PM »
Advertisement
Hopeless.  Imagine people lining up on crowded streets in an American city to see the president and the motorcade sweeping past at those speeds like the Indy 500.   I've said it before but Caprio can't be for real.   He seems to be baiting absurd discussions to see how long they can be extended.

Strawman. We were originally discussing the lack of need for the two turns. Today no one can see the president as they are riding in a covered armoured car.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #88 on: August 30, 2018, 03:13:53 PM »

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #89 on: August 30, 2018, 03:15:18 PM »

What page is that on? From the Warren Report------
https://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh16/pdf/WH16_CE_18.pdf
Anyone? Anybody at all........................

I don't remember off hand, but it is there as even the WC admitted this.

Offline Howard Gee

« Reply #90 on: August 30, 2018, 03:16:16 PM »
Hopeless.  Imagine people lining up on crowded streets in an American city to see the president and the motorcade sweeping past at those speeds like the Indy 500.   I've said it before but Caprio can't be for real.   He seems to be baiting absurd discussions to see how long they can be extended.

I'd rather try explaining to a rabbit why we only see one side of the moon than attempt having a rational conversation with Carpio.

Carpio is what happens when you combine a double digit IQ with a second grade writing level and the common sense of a bag of rocks.

What year did Benavides die ?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #90 on: August 30, 2018, 03:16:16 PM »

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #91 on: August 30, 2018, 03:17:33 PM »
I wouldn't want to see the state of the limousine interior and wear on the bodies after taking the 44-mph 90?-turn onto Main, the 70?-turn onto Industrial, and the screeching-tire halt in front of the Trade Mart.

When the LNers cannot deal with the true topic they jump on an ancillary one like it is a lifeline. Not one LNer can logically explain why those two turns were needed.

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #92 on: August 30, 2018, 03:19:12 PM »
I'd rather try explaining to a rabbit why we only see one side of the moon than attempt having a rational conversation with Carpio.

Carpio is what happens when you combine a double digit IQ with a second grade writing level and the common sense of a bag of rocks.

What year did Benavides die ?

Why were the two turns needed?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #92 on: August 30, 2018, 03:19:12 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #93 on: August 30, 2018, 03:23:54 PM »
The unsigned and undated Note to Marina that doesn't even mention Walker is worthless as evidence

The confession to Marina isn't worthless but it should not be taken to heart in the absence of corroborating evidence. Like for example, did she tell anyone about it before her husband was killed? Did she keep a diary? Her word alone isn't enough given her credibility problems.

The other problem I have is no one seems to be able to explain how Oswald traveled across town and back with a rifle without being noticed. There's also conflicting stories between Marina and George DM about whether he came home with the rifle the same night or if he buried it near Walker's house and picked it up a few days later.

The note was found by Marina on the night of the Walker attempt.  It explains to her what to do in the event that he is arrested or killed.  Now what exactly would Oswald have been up to that might have led him to be arrested or killed that night?  It was wasn't his typing class.  The note is highly incriminating in that context.  But if you are entertaining the idea that it was faked to link Oswald to the Walker shooting, then why wouldn't the conspirators have done exactly what you suggest and make it more explicit:  "Dear Marina, I'm off to kill the fascist Gen. Walker.  Don't wait up.  Love, Lee Harvey Oswald."  This one is a slam dunk.   Oswald confessed, he wrote a note explaining to Marina what she do if he were arrested or killed, he had recon materials of Walker's home, no alibi for that night, and no other suspect has ever been identified in over fifty years.  It's a compelling case.  The baseless suggestion that Marina is lying for some unknown reason, won't set the record straight, the note was forged or Oswald inexplicably expected to die or be arrested for some unknown reason is just going down the rabbit hole.

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #94 on: August 30, 2018, 04:44:28 PM »
The note was found by Marina on the night of the Walker attempt.  It explains to her what to do in the event that he is arrested or killed.  Now what exactly would Oswald have been up to that might have led him to be arrested or killed that night?  It was wasn't his typing class.  The note is highly incriminating in that context.  But if you are entertaining the idea that it was faked to link Oswald to the Walker shooting, then why wouldn't the conspirators have done exactly what you suggest and make it more explicit:  "Dear Marina, I'm off to kill the fascist Gen. Walker.  Don't wait up.  Love, Lee Harvey Oswald."  This one is a slam dunk.   Oswald confessed, he wrote a note explaining to Marina what she do if he were arrested or killed, he had recon materials of Walker's home, no alibi for that night, and no other suspect has ever been identified in over fifty years.  It's a compelling case.  The baseless suggestion that Marina is lying for some unknown reason, won't set the record straight, the note was forged or Oswald inexplicably expected to die or be arrested for some unknown reason is just going down the rabbit hole.

Marina Oswald had terrible memory in her testimonies over important details like Dates, descriptions of events, descriptions of the rifle, descriptions of the bathroom door she allegedly held shut so Lee wouldn?t shoot Nixon, Lee?s camera used for the Backyard Photos, etc.. She either lied constantly or had a terrible memory.

I take with a grain of salt her testimony about the Unsigned and Undated letter.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #94 on: August 30, 2018, 04:44:28 PM »

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #95 on: August 30, 2018, 05:56:59 PM »
Marina Oswald had terrible memory in her testimonies over important details like Dates, descriptions of events, descriptions of the rifle, descriptions of the bathroom door she allegedly held shut so Lee wouldn?t shoot Nixon, Lee?s camera used for the Backyard Photos, etc.. She either lied constantly or had a terrible memory.

I take with a grain of salt her testimony about the Unsigned and Undated letter.

The letter exists. It's in his handwriting - as determined by handwriting experts.

No one is relying solely on her account. We examine the other evidence - physical and circumstantial - and decide whether her claims have merit.

Give us an innocent explanation for that letter? And the photos? I'm not trying to put the onus on you; those of us who think he tried to shoot Walker have to make the case. But give us an alternative explanation for the physical - yes, it's circumstantial - evidence.