Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Whose Target was General Edwin Walker?  (Read 78329 times)

Offline Jon Banks

Re: Whose Target was General Edwin Walker?
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2018, 07:01:30 PM »
Advertisement
If one ever reads up on General Walker, apparently, he went to New Mexico Military Institute in Roswell, NM.

His role in the Ole Miss demonstrations in the early '60s I disagree with but I guess, he enforced the law for Ike on integration in Little Rock in the 1950s. Interesting figure.

All in his wikipedia bio... except the extent of those riots in MS,  it appears to have been major unrest. He was on the cover of TIME (or LIFE or Newsweek, I forget which).

Walker was staunchly pro-Segregation and Oswald was staunchly pro-Civil Rights.

So there?s definitely a motive and perhaps Oswald voiced negative opinions about Walker to Marina and George DM. But there?s not enough evidence to say Beyond a Reasonable Doubt that Oswald shot Walker. Too many holes in the evidence...

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2018, 07:01:30 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2018, 07:03:59 PM »
Statements above were conceded [for the sake of argument] in the opening post.
Perhaps it was not thoroughly read and the police report was not scrutinized if read at all.
Yeah..perhaps [allegedly] a map was found.... Why if this deed [as proposed] had been attempted...would it be it kept? The same with the alleged photographs.
Trying to make sense out of the senseless again?
The shallowness of of some peoples skepticism belies their purpose.
Once again...every attempt possible was made to establish Oswald as a homicidal maniac.
A steel jacket bullet was pulled out of Walker's wall and there could be no connection made with CE2766 [or whatever that rifle was called] Go back up and read that police report.....
Two cars were seen driving away right after the shots. One driver was seen stashing something into the floorboard before he drove off.

What you are basically arguing is that the evidence against Oswald is so overwhelming that he must be innocent.  Criminals do dumb things.  Oswald did apparently destroy some documents relating to the Walker attempt.  Marina explains in her testimony why some were kept.   In terms of the cars, remember the DC sniper case?  The police were asking people to look for a white van.  This in the age of security cameras.  No white van was involved.  Just a mix up by witnesses.  Cars may have been seen driving away and witnesses erroneously connected them to the Walker attempt.  Again, there is no apparent need to "establish Oswald as a homicidal maniac" to link him to the JFK assassination in a conspiracy narrative.  Assassins, mass shooter often have no prior violent history.   The risks of linking Oswald to the Walker shooting far surpassed any gains from a conspiracy perspective.   After his death, with the authorities satisfied of his guilt in the JFK assassination there would have been no need to falsely link him to Walker.

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2018, 07:23:59 PM »
Oswald confessed to his wife even before the Walker attempt was known to the public.  How and why would he do that if he was not the shooter?  There was no apparent need to link Oswald to the Walker attempt.   Standing alone there was plenty of evidence to link Oswald to the JFK assassination.  And he was already dead before this came to light.  Any conspiracy plot to frame him for the JFK assassination would not need to link him to other crimes.  Lots of risks for no real gain in the JFK conspiracy context.   

What's your evidence for this alleged confession? Most likey it is just Marina Oswald's word. There is NO supporting evidence for the claim that LHO fired at EAW. NONE.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2018, 07:23:59 PM »

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2018, 07:26:07 PM »
Nice summation, I'll only add that the recon photos were determined to be taken shortly before Walker was shot and Oswald had a map marked with Walkers address.

JohnM

He also had EAW's phone number in his notebook. Why?

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2018, 07:47:53 PM »
What you are basically arguing.. Criminals do dumb things.
    Marina explains in her testimony why some were kept. 
 DC sniper case? 
I am not arguing anything [I believe you are though]... I only posted a report for the forum and proposed an alternative.
"Criminals do dumb things". ...a rhetorical statement that is immaterial.
   " Marina explains" [to the gullible maybe]...Marina lied....She even **admitted that she was lying.
Lee took his rifle out to the airport to practice. Please.
"DC sniper"... irrelevant.....do better than that.

Mr. RANKIN. Did you learn at any time that he had been practicing with the rifle?
Mrs. OSWALD. I think that he went once or twice. I didn't actually see him take the rifle, but I knew that he was practicing.
Mr. RANKIN. Could you give us a little help on how you knew?
Mrs. OSWALD. He told me. And he would mention that in passing---it isn't
as if he said, "Well, today I am going"---it wasn't as if he said, "Well, today I am going to take the rifle and go and practice."
But he would say, "Well, today I will take the rifle along for practice."
Therefore, I don't know whether he took it from the house or whether perhaps he even kept the rifle somewhere outside. There was a little square, sort of a little courtyard where he might have kept it.
When you asked me about the rifle, I said that Lee didn't have a rifle, but he also had a gun, a revolver.
Mr. RANKIN. Do you know where he practiced with the rifle?
Mrs. OSWALD. I don't know where. I don't know the name of the place where this took place. But I think it was somewhere out of town. It seems to me a place called Lopfield.
Mr. RANKIN. Would that be at the airport---Love Field?
Mrs. OSWALD. Love Field.
Mr. RANKIN. So you think he was practicing out in the open and not at a rifle range?
Mrs. OSWALD. Yes.
How [in the name of all that's holy] could anybody have believed this woman's "testimony"?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2018, 07:47:53 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2018, 07:59:09 PM »
He also had EAW's phone number in his notebook. Why?

Unless you can supply information that proves something sinister regarding Oswald having the number (according to you), my take would be that he intended to call and make sure that Walker was home, and up, just before heading over.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 08:17:09 PM by Bill Chapman »

Offline Howard Gee

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2018, 08:00:52 PM »
Nice summation, I'll only add that the recon photos were determined to be taken shortly before Walker was shot and Oswald had a map marked with Walkers address.

JohnM

Those conspirators certainly were brilliant !

Planting a photo of Walker's residence taken months before the assassination.

Not to mention planting the similar order forms for the rifle, and the backyard photos and negatives.

Obviously, the frame up of Oswald began months before it was even known JFK would be visiting Dallas.

And the added touch of forging the note to Marina ?  Genius !

Imagine the glee of the evidence planting conspirators as they introduced these items into the Paine residence.

Just goes to show you, when you couple sheer genius with the ability to look into the future even the most impossible frame up becomes possible.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2018, 08:00:52 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2018, 08:27:16 PM »
Statements above were conceded [for the sake of argument] in the opening post.
Perhaps it was not thoroughly read and the police report was not scrutinized if read at all.
Yeah..perhaps [allegedly] a map was found.... Why if this deed [as proposed] had been attempted...would it be it kept? The same with the alleged photographs.
Trying to make sense out of the senseless again?
The shallowness of of some peoples skepticism belies their purpose.
Once again...every attempt possible was made to establish Oswald as a homicidal maniac.
A steel jacket bullet was pulled out of Walker's wall and there could be no connection made with CE2766 [or whatever that rifle was called] Go back up and read that police report.....
Two cars were seen driving away right after the shots. One driver was seen stashing something into the floorboard before he drove off.

Cite that