Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Whose Target was General Edwin Walker?  (Read 78365 times)

Offline Jerry Freeman

Re: Whose Target was General Edwin Walker?
« Reply #472 on: April 14, 2020, 01:28:07 PM »
Advertisement
At 6:10 Curry is asked if the Walker shooting is connected.
Never seen that clip before. 
It's been mentioned..Kennedy had accepted Walker's [a radical right wing Republican] resignation.
Why or who made this nameless reporter think there was a connection [that otherwise contradicted logic]?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #472 on: April 14, 2020, 01:28:07 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #473 on: April 14, 2020, 04:45:17 PM »
It's been mentioned..Kennedy had accepted Walker's [a radical right wing Republican] resignation.
Why or who made this nameless reporter think there was a connection [that otherwise contradicted logic]?

Why or who made this nameless reporter think there was a connection ?

Excellent question....It's obvious to me that who ever asked the question was attempting to draw Curry's attention to the Walker hoax .  The Walker hoax was ancient news and nobody had any reason to think that an obscure event from the past had any connection to the murder of JFK.  Whoever asked the question knew that Lee had fired a bullet through Walker's window way back in April, and was trying to tie the two events together in an attempt to put a noose around Lee's neck.

The very fact that this person mentioned the Walker incident, is a very solid indication that the coup d e'tat was a conspiracy and the conspirators knew of Lee involvement in the Walker hoax.

Curry clearly didn't take the bait and simply shrugged off the idea..... So then Walker himself took the ball .....Early Saturday morning Walker called a newspaper editor in Germany  and told him that Lee Oswald had been the sneak sniper who had tried to kill him back in April.   When the newspaper was published the FBI learned of Lee's involvement in the Walker incident and they started asking Marina what she knew about the Walker incident....and of course Marina only knew what Lee had told her.... which was the story he had wanted her to repeat to the police if they came around askin questions.  Lee wanted the newspapers to pick up the story so Castro's agents would learn how he had tried to kill one of Castro's most vocal foes, and he thought that he would then be granted asylum in Cuba.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 07:10:23 PM by Walt Cakebread »

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #474 on: April 14, 2020, 10:51:46 PM »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #474 on: April 14, 2020, 10:51:46 PM »

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #475 on: April 14, 2020, 11:04:16 PM »

He didn't seem surprised by the question. Maybe LE was looking into it and the reporter knew about it and was asking to see if anything came of it yet.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #476 on: April 15, 2020, 02:38:07 AM »

Thanks for posting the article that was printed in the German newspaper....   That information came from Walker on Saturday morning 11/23/63 when he called the editor .    Walker was in a panic.....He wanted to put a noose around Lee Oswald neck ASAP.   

IMG]https://i959.photobucket.com/albums/ae75/garcra/19631129_Deutsche_NZ.jpg[/img]

The fact that Walker knew that Lee had fired the bullet through his window (It was not aimed at Walker) simply screams that Walker was part of the assassination team.... If not the leader.    They had planned on the information about the Walker incident to surface after Lee had been murdered on the sixth floor...

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #476 on: April 15, 2020, 02:38:07 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #477 on: April 15, 2020, 10:38:23 PM »

General Walker swore he had never heard of Lee Oswald before 11/22/63   

Mr. LIEBELER. Do you know Helmet Hubert Muench?
General WALKER. That name is not familiar to me. Can you give me anything to refresh me?
Mr. LIEBELER. Yes. He is a West German journalist who wrote an article that appeared in the Deutsche Nationalzeitung und Soldatenzeitung, a Munich, Germany, newspaper.
General WALKER. No; I don't know him.
Mr. LIEBELER. Did you ever talk to him?
General WALKER. Not that I know of.
Mr. LIEBELER. Did you talk to him on a transatlantic telephone call in which you told him about the fact or the alleged fact that Lee Harvey Oswald was the person who made an attempt on your life?
General WALKER. I don't recall that name. Did he speak English? I don't speak German.
Mr. LIEBELER. Have you ever seen a copy of that newspaper?
General WALKER. Yes; I have.
Mr. LIEBELER. In fact, I suggest that you have seen the November 29, 1963, copy of that newspaper which had on its front page a story entitled in German "The Strange Case of Oswald", that told about how Oswald had allegedly attacked you.
General WALKER. November 29, that is correct.
Mr. LIEBELER. Now, where did that newspaper get that information, do you know?
General WALKER. I do not. There was all article in the paper that he probably got from me.
Mr. LIEBELER. Well, in fact, the issue of that newspaper has right on the front page what purports to be a transcript of a telephone conversation between you and some other person.
General WALKER. Thorsten?
Mr. LIEBELER. Yes. Hasso Thorsten, is that the man?
General WALKER. He called me in Shreveport.
Mr. LIEBELER. When were you in Shreveport?
General WALKER. He called me the morning of November 23, 1963, about 7 a.m.
Mr. LIEBELER. That is when you gave him this information about Oswald having attacked you?
General WALKER. I didn't give him all the information--I think the portion you are referring to, I didn't give him, because I had no way of knowing that Oswald attacked me. I still don't. And I am not very prone to say in fact he did. In fact, I have always claimed he did not, until we can get into the case or somebody tells us differently that he did.
Mr. LIEBELER. Do you have a record here that indicates when you were in Shreveport?
General WALKER. I don't know that I have a record here. I can tell you definitely when I was in Shreveport.
Mr. LIEBELER. Would you?
General WALKER. Well, starting back to make the record clear, I had a speaking engagement in Hattiesburg, Miss., either the 18th or 19th of November. I went from there to New Orleans and stayed 2 or 3 days. I was in the airplane between New Orleans and Shreveport about halfway, when the pilot announced that the President had been assassinated. I landed in Shreveport and went to the Captain Shreve Hotel and stayed there two nights and returned to Dallas and was walking into my house, just about the time of the immediate rerun of the shooting of Oswald. I had been out of the city on speaking engagements.
Mr. LIEBELER. The question was, when were you in Shreveport, and when did you talk to this man?
General WALKER. I was in Shreveport the night of the 23d and the night of the 22d. Do you have a transcript of my conversation with Mr. Thorsten?
Mr. LIEBELER. Yes, sir.
General WALKER. Sir?
Mr. LIEBELER. I have what appears to be that; yes.
General WALKER. Where did you get that?
Mr. LIEBELER. It is apparently taken from the newspaper. The newspaper itself had a transcript printed right in it.
General WALKER. I believe the article you referred to in the newspaper was separate from the other article in the paper which evolved out of the conversation.
Mr. LIEBELER. Now so that there were in this particular issue of the newspaper two transcripts of a conversation between yourself and Thorsten, and also a story about how Oswald had allegedly fired at you, is that correct?
General WALKER. In the newspaper I remember two separate articles. One based upon the conversation we had between us, as he understood it, and then as a separate article which I consider that the newspaper had done on its own.
Mr. LIEBELER. What was the separate article about? Did that have any reference to the fact that Oswald had allegedly fired at you?
General WALKER. Yes. As I remember the article, it alleged that Oswald was the one that had fired at me, and that this had been known earlier, and that this had been known and that nothing was done about it.
And if something had been done about it at that time, he wouldn't have been the man that--it wouldn't have been possible for him to have killed the President.
Mr. LIEBELER. Well, now, did you tell anybody from this newspaper that Oswald had shot at you and that this had been known prior to the time of the assassination of the President?
General WALKER. No; I did not. I wouldn't have known it. It was much later that they began to tie Oswald into me, and I don't even know it yet.
Mr. LIEBELER. And you certainly didn't know it before November 22?
General WALKER. Or the morning of the 23d, certainly not. I was very surprised to see the article.
Mr. LIEBELER. So the best of your recollection is that you never provided them with the information?
General WALKER. I did not. I didn't know it at the time of this conversation at all. I didn't know it until I started reading the newspaper, which would have been later than then.
Mr. LIEBELER. I think that is right, so that you only had two conversations with these people, is that correct?
General WALKER. In connection with this incident, as I remember, there was a call back to verify something on the original conversation? I don't remember how the conversation came about. There were two telephone conversations; right.
Mr. LIEBELER. They both took place while you were down in Louisiana, the 23d and the 22d of November?
General WALKER. The first one was 7 o'clock in the morning the 23d, and it woke me up.

Do you believe Walker??

Is the transcript of the conversation highlighted above available?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 10:43:53 PM by Walt Cakebread »

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #478 on: April 16, 2020, 02:34:51 AM »
General Walker swore he had never heard of Lee Oswald before 11/22/63   

~SNIP~

Do you believe Walker??

Is the transcript of the conversation highlighted above available?

The transcripts and copies of the original newspaper articles etc. are at the MFF link below. 45 pages

"Commission Document 1543 - FBI Letter from Director of 26 Jun 1964 with Attachments"
https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=11938#relPageId=2&tab=page
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 02:39:26 AM by Gary Craig »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #478 on: April 16, 2020, 02:34:51 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #479 on: April 16, 2020, 02:59:33 PM »
The transcripts and copies of the original newspaper articles etc. are at the MFF link below. 45 pages

"Commission Document 1543 - FBI Letter from Director of 26 Jun 1964 with Attachments"
https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=11938#relPageId=2&tab=page

Thanks Gary, I read the documents that you provided the link to......But I didn't understand a single word in the German documents :D....

Hoover's letter makes it clear that Walker was the source of the information from which the article was written.

So Hoover knew that Walker knew that Lee Oswald was the person who had fired a bullet through his window..... And yet Walker was never investigated.

It's obvious to me that Walker was a willing participant ( and probably the engineer at the controls)  at  in the hoax shooting at his house on 4 / 10 /63.

Many researchers have referred to the ambush of JFK as a military operation conducted with well planned military precision....  General Walker certainly qualified as 
military strategist....