Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Whose Target was General Edwin Walker?  (Read 78273 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Whose Target was General Edwin Walker?
« Reply #400 on: September 28, 2018, 04:46:39 AM »
Advertisement
Hey Walt you keep making this claim, how about you get a piece of Carcano sized pipe, cover it in ink, grab it then take a photo of your hand and show us how little or how much contact you make, K?

JohnM

Sounds like a good way for you to LEARN....that an adult male could not wrap his palm around a rifle barrel that is the diameter of a AA pen Light battery, and deposit an identifiable print.....    However, You have reversed the situation....the idea would to be ink the palm and grab a AA pen light battery or any cylinder that is close to 16 mm in diameter.....and see how much of a identifiable print you would deposit on that cylinder.....

Since I own many Carcanos I can affirm the fact that an identifiable palm print could not be deposited on the barrel...

If you've got the guts...post a good copy of CE 639 that shows the so called "palm Print" then we'll discuss the idea with the print right there ......
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 04:50:18 AM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #400 on: September 28, 2018, 04:46:39 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #401 on: September 28, 2018, 04:50:48 AM »
Sounds like a good way for you to LEARN....that an adult male could not wrap his palm around a rifle barrel that is the diameter of a AA pen Light battery, and deposit an identifiable print.....    However, You have reversed the situation....the idea would to be ink the palm and grab a AA pen light battery or any cylinder that is close to 16 mm in diameter.....and see how much of a identifiable print you would deposit on that cylinder.....

Since I own many Carcanos I can affirm the fact that an identifiable palm print could not be deposited on the barrel...

Yeah one way or another all roads lead to Rome, you have an actual Carcano, cool, how about you do your experiment and present your results?

JohnM

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #402 on: September 28, 2018, 05:00:19 AM »
But still no expert opinion from someone representing LHO's interests. 🤔

The HSCA was a neutral investigation who erroneously discovered and presented evidence of a conspiracy, had their firearms panel examine the same fragments as Frazier and they all agreed that the same fragments were fired from Oswald's rifle. The evidence still exists and these experts would be aware that there reputation was on the line because at any time in the future anyone good or evil could examine this evidence, so what could all these men from across two decades be possibly hiding and why?

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #402 on: September 28, 2018, 05:00:19 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #403 on: September 28, 2018, 01:35:27 PM »
Yeah one way or another all roads lead to Rome, you have an actual Carcano, cool, how about you do your experiment and present your results?

JohnM

Huh??....  You don't accept my finding ...and yet you want me to conduct a stupid experiment, the results of which you'd reject.     

Since you apparently lack the guts to post CE 639....Perhaps some one will accommodate me in posting a good cleat copy of CE 639 ( The so called "palm Print" has another exhibit number also-- CE 637? )   Once we have that exhibit to view I'll point out the obvious which you'd like to ignore.

Do you know what Commission  ............  No. 637 is?

Mr. DAY. This is the trace of palmprint I lifted off of the barrel of the gun  ............ ," and also "11/22/63" written on it in my writing off the underside gun barrel near the end of foregrip, ............ 

This establishes that Detective Day inscribed and dated the exhibit CE 637.....
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 03:58:00 PM by Walt Cakebread »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #404 on: September 28, 2018, 03:45:04 PM »

This is not meant to prove Oswald's palmprint was on the barrel. Only to demonstrate that physically it's possible to deposit a print from a part of the palm onto a Carcano barrel.

The only part of the palm that has useful prints is the heel of the palm...and the heel would not contact a rifle barrel that is the diameter of a AA pen light battery.   

And further more Lt Day wrote ....Off undersidee of gun barrell"   

That means he was referring to no more than 1/4  of the circumference of the barrel (2.045") ... which means that the bottom of the barrel that Day referred to was about 1/2 inch wide. ( 1/4 of 2 inches.)  Anyway you slice it a man could not deposit an identifiable palm print on a 1/2 inch strip of that round gun barrel.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 03:59:35 PM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #404 on: September 28, 2018, 03:45:04 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #405 on: September 28, 2018, 04:03:51 PM »
Wally is still ignoring the evidence. Cite a report that says it was a 6.5 Carcano.

There are dozens of photos that clearly show the rifle is a model 91 /38 Mannlicher Carcano.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #406 on: September 28, 2018, 04:45:14 PM »
Mr. MCDONALD. And you took the fragment, is it labeled CE-567, and microscopically compared it with the test-fired bullet from the FBI that was fired out of 139?
Mr. NEWQUIST. That is correct.
Mr. McDONALD. And what was the result of your examination?
Mr. NEWQUIST. From mine and the panel's comparison, of these two exhibits, it is our opinion, they had been fired from the same firearm.

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/jfkinfo/firearm.htm

"(142) The panel also compared CE 567 with bullets it test-fired in the CE 139 rifle. The panel was unable to identify its tests with CE 567. The panel attributed this to changes in the bore caused by repeated firing of the rifle by the FBI and the Infantry weapons Evaluation Branch of the U.S. Army to test its accuracy, (76) as well as deterioration of the surfaces because the rifle had not been properly cleaned, lubricated, and maintained. For the same reasons, the panel was unable to identify its test-fired bullets with those of the FBI. The panel's test-fired bullets also could not be identified with each other, probably as a consequence of the poor condition of the barrel."

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #406 on: September 28, 2018, 04:45:14 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #407 on: September 29, 2018, 12:48:06 AM »
'probably as a consequence of the poor condition of the barrel'

Why you shouldn't clean your rifle bore before a hunt
https://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/game-changers/why-you-shouldn?t-clean-your-rifle-bore-hunt
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 12:50:24 AM by Bill Chapman »