Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Why would the conspirators let Oswald have a midnight press conference?  (Read 24773 times)

Offline Bill Chapman

Re: Why would the conspirators let Oswald have a midnight press conference?
« Reply #80 on: September 01, 2018, 06:04:25 AM »
Advertisement
Reasons why conspirator(s) put Oswald before the camera at midnight:

1. Calm the public and start convincing them that Oswald was the lone shooter and there was no conspiracy.

2. Make use of Oswald's disheveled appearance and his blackened eye and cut to reinforce the effect of no.1

3. Hope that Oswald would make  some incriminating statement.

4. Show good faith that the pulbic and the press were given opportunity to see and ask quesionts of the suspect so that later, when he gets shot dead, it will be easier to explain that shooting as another non conspiratorial shooting by a lone crazy man, Jack Ruby.

I read something about FBI Dallas being livid about the DPD putting Oswald into that potentially vulnerable situation. Some kind of territorial thing... DPD showing off, shoving it in FBI faces...something along those lines. I think it was Tom Tilson (?) who said the cops were thought of as country bumpkins, hicks or something, by FBI Dallas.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 06:26:49 AM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #80 on: September 01, 2018, 06:04:25 AM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #81 on: September 01, 2018, 04:24:41 PM »
I read something about FBI Dallas being livid about the DPD putting Oswald into that potentially vulnerable situation. Some kind of territorial thing... DPD showing off, shoving it in FBI faces...something along those lines. I think it was Tom Tilson (?) who said the cops were thought of as country bumpkins, hicks or something, by FBI Dallas.

Well, I know he said this at the 1988 LHO Mock Trial about the Dallas Homicide office.

"No, I didn't dare go into the office. I didn't have a wide [Stetson] hat."

And to Earl Gotz:

"If you didn't have a big white hat on, they didn't even want you in their office."

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #82 on: September 01, 2018, 06:30:57 PM »
Bill, quote me ever saying that pretty much every single piece of evidence presented against Oswald is doctored or fake.

Okay.  Where do I start?  Let's start with these six (there are plenty more):

The shell fragments allegedly found inside the limo, which were linked through ballistics to the rifle found up on the sixth floor.  Were these fragments really found inside the limo or were they planted?

The two shell casings found in Oak Cliff, one by Barbara Davis and one by Virginia Davis.  Were these two shells really found at the scene by these girls?  Were the shells planted there on the ground after the fact (once the police left the area) to be found by the two girls?  Did the two girls each find a shell casing, turn them over to the police (one to Dhority and one to Doughty) and then the shells were replaced in evidence by two totally different shells?

The paper trail and money order leading to Oswald's purchase of the rifle allegedly found up on the sixth floor.  Was this paper trail faked?  Was the money order faked?

The paper trail leading to Oswald's purchase of the revolver allegedly used to kill Tippit.  Was this paper trail faked?

The revolver in evidence, allegedly taken from Oswald when he was apprehended inside the theater.  Is that really the revolver taken from Oswald or did the real murder weapon disappear and Gerald Hill plant into evidence a revolver linked to Oswald?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #82 on: September 01, 2018, 06:30:57 PM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #83 on: September 01, 2018, 06:32:45 PM »

Which, of course, he just did.  Thereby implying that John M faked the info contained in his post.  How about Martin just clear it up for us?

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #84 on: September 01, 2018, 08:04:33 PM »
Okay.  Where do I start?  Let's start with these six (there are plenty more):

The shell fragments allegedly found inside the limo, which were linked through ballistics to the rifle found up on the sixth floor.  Were these fragments really found inside the limo or were they planted?

The two shell casings found in Oak Cliff, one by Barbara Davis and one by Virginia Davis.  Were these two shells really found at the scene by these girls?  Were the shells planted there on the ground after the fact (once the police left the area) to be found by the two girls?  Did the two girls each find a shell casing, turn them over to the police (one to Dhority and one to Doughty) and then the shells were replaced in evidence by two totally different shells?

The paper trail and money order leading to Oswald's purchase of the rifle allegedly found up on the sixth floor.  Was this paper trail faked?  Was the money order faked?

The paper trail leading to Oswald's purchase of the revolver allegedly used to kill Tippit.  Was this paper trail faked?

The revolver in evidence, allegedly taken from Oswald when he was apprehended inside the theater.  Is that really the revolver taken from Oswald or did the real murder weapon disappear and Gerald Hill plant into evidence a revolver linked to Oswald?

The evidence against Oswald for John Iacolletti exists in a sort of twilight zone: it's not real but it's also not faked, it exists but it doesn't exist, it's not authentic but also not inauthentic.

Using this approach - placing the evidence in a sort of undefined and indeterminate area - he can both dismiss it out of hand but can also deny that he is claiming that it is faked or manufactured.

Of course, that's a complete intellectual dodge. It exists. How did it come to exist? Either Oswald made it or someone else did. Who is that someone else? Those are our choices. Choosing (c) neither is, frankly, a dodge.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 08:25:31 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #84 on: September 01, 2018, 08:04:33 PM »

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #85 on: September 02, 2018, 01:46:10 AM »
The evidence against Oswald for John Iacolletti exists in a sort of twilight zone: it's not real but it's also not faked, it exists but it doesn't exist, it's not authentic but also not inauthentic.

Using this approach - placing the evidence in a sort of undefined and indeterminate area - he can both dismiss it out of hand but can also deny that he is claiming that it is faked or manufactured.

Of course, that's a complete intellectual dodge. It exists. How did it come to exist? Either Oswald made it or someone else did. Who is that someone else? Those are our choices. Choosing (c) neither is, frankly, a dodge.

The Dallas PD did a shoddy job of documenting and protecting Chains of evidence. So it?s very easy to be skeptical. I assume most problems with the evidence are not due to Malice but it can?t easily be ruled out...
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 01:57:04 AM by Jon Banks »

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #86 on: September 04, 2018, 03:00:22 AM »
Imo Oswald was given a midnight press conference because nobody besides Oswald had anything to hide.

JohnM

I just read that it was not a press conference at all. It took place in the police lineup room and LHO was initially behind the glass, but the reporters were complaining about this setup so he was brought out to the witness area. He was asked a few questions and then the DPD cut it off.

Can anyone confirm this?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #86 on: September 04, 2018, 03:00:22 AM »

Offline Paul May

« Reply #87 on: September 04, 2018, 03:20:25 AM »
Another ?I just read?? What happed, Publix cut your hours on the register and you have all this time to ?read? and post now?  Once again, provide citation.