Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Why would the conspirators let Oswald have a midnight press conference?  (Read 24736 times)

Offline Jerry Freeman

Re: Why would the conspirators let Oswald have a midnight press conference?
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2018, 09:52:53 PM »
Advertisement
Why would the conspirators let Oswald have a midnight press conference?
A rhetorical question....If the cops didn't bring Oswald out to show the press then they must have been hiding something. Also, it was not much of a "press conference" -there was no sustained interview anyway...it was hurry up and show him and then take him back to his cell.
In spite of an earlier post...someone had something to hide, Oswald was exterminated.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2018, 09:52:53 PM »

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2018, 12:28:52 AM »

He had numerous opportunities - particularly in this press conference - to expose this alleged conspiracy. Or at the very least to give hints/names of something more.

Why would he expose the conspiracy?

A Conspiracy doesn't exonerate Oswald unless he was framed.

If he was framed, then he likely would have no knowledge of the Conspiracy or Conspirators.

If he was part of a Conspiracy then he'd be admitting that he too is Guilty by revealing the Conspiracy.

Oswald's hint was the infamous "I'm just a Patsy" statement...

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2018, 05:46:18 AM »
Imo Oswald was given a midnight press conference because nobody besides Oswald had anything to hide.

JohnM

Imo Oswald participated in the press conference because he had nothing to hide.

But what makes you even think that the people who arranged the press conference were conspirators?
I don?t think the Dallas police was part of the conspiracy. I don?t think anyone besides Oswald was involved. But I thought the standard CT story was that the Dallas Police was involved in the conspiracy, because they must have coordinated the movement of Oswald with Ruby?s visit to the Western Union office and still reach the police basement garage four minutes later with almost perfect timing.

Do you hold that the Dallas police were not part of the conspiracy on Friday night so they saw no need to keep Oswald silent? But by 36 hours later, they were now part of the conspiracy, so they helped with the timing so Oswald would be silent forever.

Is this what you wish to imply?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2018, 05:46:18 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2018, 08:37:49 AM »
I don?t think the Dallas police was part of the conspiracy. I don?t think anyone besides Oswald was involved. But I thought the standard CT story was that the Dallas Police was involved in the conspiracy, because they must have coordinated the movement of Oswald with Ruby?s visit to the Western Union office and still reach the police basement garage four minutes later with almost perfect timing.

Do you hold that the Dallas police were not part of the conspiracy on Friday night so they saw no need to keep Oswald silent? But by 36 hours later, they were now part of the conspiracy, so they helped with the timing so Oswald would be silent forever.

Is this what you wish to imply?

But I thought the standard CT story was that the Dallas Police was involved in the conspiracy

What makes you think that there even is a "standard CT story"?

Do you hold that the Dallas police were not part of the conspiracy

I seriously doubt that in any kind of conspiracy (if there was one) an entire police department could or would be involved.

But by 36 hours later, they were now part of the conspiracy

I have no idea who you mean by "they"

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2018, 04:49:29 PM »
Sorry, I couldn't get past your insult. Try again.

JohnM

These are the same folks who just complained about civil discourse on the forum.  LOL.  It's interesting that CTers argue that the evidence against Oswald is suspect but then here argue the DPD - who found and controlled that evidence - are not the folks they are suggesting were involved in the conspiracy.  So I guess they agree the bag was discovered on the 6th floor, Oswald's prints were on the rifle etc since that is all that evidence was obtained by the DPD who controlled Oswald's movements while under arrest and had the discretion not to allow him to speak to the press.  Good to know.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2018, 04:49:29 PM »

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2018, 05:12:23 PM »
Imo Oswald was given a midnight press conference because nobody besides Oswald had anything to hide.

JohnM

Or...because the press demanded to speak with him, and to deny this would have looked suspicious to them and the American people.

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2018, 09:04:19 PM »

These are the same folks who just complained about civil discourse on the forum.  LOL.  It's interesting that CTers argue that the evidence against Oswald is suspect but then here argue the DPD - who found and controlled that evidence - are not the folks they are suggesting were involved in the conspiracy.  So I guess they agree the bag was discovered on the 6th floor, Oswald's prints were on the rifle etc since that is all that evidence was obtained by the DPD who controlled Oswald's movements while under arrest and had the discretion not to allow him to speak to the press.  Good to know.

And here is Richard, completely going of the rails as usual.

He fully understands that it is insane to argue that an entire police department is part of a conspiracy, but it seems he needs to exaggerate and paint with a wide brush to somehow make a point.

And thus Richard's entire argument is (as usual) a strawman and his "conclusions" are just as pathetic as his "reasoning".

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2018, 09:04:19 PM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2018, 09:29:31 PM »
Or...because the press demanded to speak with him, and to deny this would have looked suspicious to them and the American people.

Seriously?, The press demand a lot of things and always have and always will, but that doesn't mean that they should have been allowed a press conference and let's be frank they shouldn't have been in the corridors where Oswald was being transported in the first place. The Dallas Police who according to legend has the most to hide but the fact that they didn't give a sh*t about what Oswald said speaks volumes.

Over the years there have been a lot of people arrested for famous crimes and for someone who was supposed to be a patsy giving this murderer this much exposure at this point in proceedings is unheard of in my experiences.

JohnM
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 09:38:01 PM by John Mytton »