Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Why would the conspirators let Oswald have a midnight press conference?  (Read 24743 times)

Online Martin Weidmann

Re: Why would the conspirators let Oswald have a midnight press conference?
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2018, 07:06:34 AM »
Advertisement
Sorry, I couldn't get past your insult. Try again.

JohnM

Run Johnny, run...

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2018, 07:06:34 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2018, 07:21:47 AM »
Run Johnny, run...

No, whenever you are desperate out come the insults and out come the "pathetic" and so far you are acting just as expected and it's not pretty.

JohnM

Offline Howard Gee

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2018, 09:57:49 AM »
I think the press conference was held in the interest of transparency.

I believe the entire world was interested in seeing the accused assassin and hearing what he had to say and the conference was done to accomodate that desire.

Overall, I think Saint Oz handled himself very well.

However, Saint Oz's little act of trying to appear surprised that he was being accused of and charged with the murder of JFK and not just that of Tippit, reeks of bullcrap.

It's kind of hard to believe that Saint Oz didn't have an inkling that he was the primary suspect in the assassination.

That being said, the idea of a press conference being held with Saint Oz present is quite bizarre.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2018, 09:57:49 AM »

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2018, 01:53:16 PM »
Because Oswald was in police custody and the only way to get close to him at that point was via a Goon like Jack Ruby

Online Robert Reeves

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2018, 02:09:20 PM »
I personally believe Oswald isn't completely innocent. I believe he was part of a conspiracy. The Dallas cops, or whoever gave the go ahead for Oswald to publicly speak, they probably wanted to give him enough rope to hang the rest. Or give a clue to his state of mind. Thinking: this was a lone nut or smaller conspiracy to kill.

Jack Ruby murdering Oswald gives me a clue as to who was also involved with Oswald in the conspiracy to kill JFK. As it was JFK, the entire weight of the national security got involved with the case. So those original notions Oswald was small time rogue assassin got swallowed up by ever increasing panic in the LBJ administration to cover up Oswald's obvious ties to various intelligence agencies. Cover up mode.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2018, 02:09:20 PM »

Offline Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2018, 02:30:22 PM »
Imo Oswald was given a midnight press conference because nobody besides Oswald had anything to hide.

JohnM

We can add that Oswald was allowed to meet with his family - Marina, Robert, Marguerite - and with Lou Nichols, head of the Dallas Bar Association. And make personal phone calls.

He had numerous opportunities - particularly in this press conference - to expose this alleged conspiracy. Or at the very least to give hints/names of something more.

If one believes in a conspiracy involving powerful elements of the government, then the obvious decision for them would have been to allow selected journalists to meet with him. I've read numerous claims about Operation Mockingbird, about how Hugh Aynesworth (and others) were CIA "assets". So, why not allow those "assets" to meet with Oswald, say he's being treated properly, and eliminate any risk of exposure from him? These "assets" would just report what you told them.

Shorter answer: they wouldn't.

Offline Brian Walker

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2018, 03:50:17 PM »
Imo Oswald was given a midnight press conference because nobody besides Oswald had anything to hide.

JohnM

I made a thread about this once. There are only 2 things you have to know that shows there was no conspiracy.

1- Oswald was allowed a press conference and was allowed to meet with his family.

2- Oswald and everyone else in the TSBD were allowed to walk freely before and during the assassination.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 03:52:01 PM by Brian Walker »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2018, 03:50:17 PM »

Offline Brian Walker

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2018, 03:57:30 PM »
It's quite obvious that Ruby had Carte Blanche to go anywhere he wanted to go so he could be close to Oswald . Hell , Oswald was calm , cool and collected because he knew he hadn't shot or killed anyone that weekend.
fals
So you think the fact that he was calm was a sign that he was falsely being accused of murder, Huh