Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Was there a Larger Purpose of the Conspiracy?  (Read 6217 times)

Offline Steve Taylor

Re: Was there a Larger Purpose of the Conspiracy?
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2018, 05:28:16 AM »
Advertisement
So you believe these very powerful forces (FBI, CIA, Pentagon, Justice) that murdered JFK - and framed Oswald and then covered their tracks - didn't have the ability and resources to frame JFK for something?  Their only course was to shoot him in broad daylight in the middle of a crowded street and then frame someone for it? Then cover all of this up?

This is what is odd about the conspiracy claims: these forces can do anything but yet are quite limited at the same time.

BTW: LBJ "escalated" US involvement because the North's attacks on the South increased. The South, after Diem's death, was increasingly incapable of defending itself from the North's increased activity. LBJ was faced with the problem of either abandoning the South to the North or trying to prevent that by increasing the US role. The South simply couldn't do it by themselves.

I believe that after JFK became President he became aware of the extreme immorality and illegal actions being exercised by the national security apparatus.  Any attempt to blackmail him, would have ended in disaster for the perpetrators.  Eventuaully South Vietnam did fall and communism didn't take over the world.  But many made billions of dollars, including LBJ's friends.  I would point back to my original post in that if the killers knew LBJ's stance on Vietnam, there would be no need to blackmail anyone.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2018, 05:28:16 AM »

Online John Iacoletti

« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2018, 11:05:12 PM »
And, arguably, Oswald was likely resigned to being shot or captured, despite certain CT 'ring-a-ding' piecemeal protestations hereabouts.

There's nothing like attaching the word "likely" to baseless conjecture and then pretending like that actually makes it likely.

Online Jerry Organ

« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2018, 01:08:59 PM »
I find it interesting that more than half of the respondents to this survey believe there was NO conspiracy - yet they have taken the time to respond on an assassination forum site - I smell a rat!

There are plenty of all-conspiracy/dominant-conspiracy JFK sites and blogs out there. Things are a bit more even-handed here, despite the CT trolls and spammers.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2018, 01:08:59 PM »

Offline Duncan MacRae

• Administrator
    • JFK Assassination Photographs
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2018, 01:39:15 PM »
There are plenty of all-conspiracy/dominant-conspiracy JFK sites and blogs out there. Things are a bit more even-handed here, despite the CT trolls and spammers.
McGaw, his real name, has been deleted and is permanently banned from the Forum.
He joined the Forum using three different names, they have been deleted too, and I suspect they voted three times for the same answer in the poll.