Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Did Hickey fire the fatal shot?  (Read 12583 times)

Online Steve M. Galbraith

Re: Did Hickey fire the fatal shot?
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2021, 09:25:44 PM »
Advertisement
I can't vouch for your images. In mine, the line that might be a rifle was cut off at about the length of a rifle, not full vertical but closer to vertical than horizontal. And that's the impression I had or I wouldn't have pursued this in the first place.
Okay, you're looking at a different line. One that appears to be immediately behind him, I think? I was thinking of the longer line to the left.

In any case, Hickey said he picked the rifle up from the floor.

From his account: "At the end of the last report I reached to the bottom of the car and picked up the AR 15 rifle, cocked and loaded it, and turned to the rear. At this point the cars were passing under the over-pass and as a result we had left the scene of the shooting. I kept the AR 15 rifle ready as we proceeded at a high rate of speed to the hospital."

Here he is with it raised (but not turned to the rear at all) as they leave the underpass:

Whatever the case it looks to me that he's not standing up at the time of the head shot.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 09:34:13 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2021, 09:25:44 PM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2021, 10:21:04 PM »
I can't vouch for your images.

You don't need to. The image speaks for itself.

I remember mine with a definite line pointing skywards, and somewhat less blurry.

it would be helpful to have the image.

And do tell us what a 'classified filter' might be.

;D
I like that you accept the cuckoo with the AK-47 but not the 'classified filter'.

Online Marjan Rynkiewicz

« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2021, 10:28:09 PM »
The Bronson frame is not the time of the headshot, it is at about Z319, which has been pointed out at least twice, once by me, & once by Dan Roffe (book JFK MOTORCADE).

In the Bronson frame the AR15 is not behind Hickey's head, it is in front of Hickey's head. That there lower head is Bennett, or there is a slim chance that it is Hickey's bare hand (not likely).

I might have a closer look at other Bronson frames, but offhand i can see an AR15 in lots of them.

Did u notice Tague in that black & white photo?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 07:33:07 AM by Marjan Rynkiewicz »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2021, 10:28:09 PM »

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2021, 10:37:54 PM »
The Bronson frame in my post was taken at the equivalent of Z313. Even if, for the sake of the discussion, it was taken at Z319 it shows pretty convincingly (to me) that Hickey is still seated. Did Hickey stand up, accidentally shoot JFK and then sit down about 1/3 of a second later?

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2021, 11:06:07 PM »
You don't need to. The image speaks for itself.

it would be helpful to have the image.

;D
I like that you accept the cuckoo with the AK-47 but not the 'classified filter'.

The cuckoo was in his nest with the Carcano

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2021, 11:06:07 PM »

Offline Pat Speer

« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2021, 11:13:25 PM »
The Hickey did it theory was conjured up and developed by Howard Donahue, and publicized by Bonar Menninger in Mortal Error.

Within Mortal Error they acknowledged Hickey could not have shot JFK while sitting down, as the road was on a slope and the bullet would have to have passed through the Queen Mary's windshield.

So they proposed Hickey tried to stand up on the back seat, and slipped. They even presented a schematic drawing showing Hickey's position at the time he slipped, and how this would allow the bullet to get over the Queen Mary's windshield.

A few years back I super-imposed their drawing onto the head-shot frame from the Bronson film.

(If you put your curser on the image, you can use your arrows to scroll to the right and see the overlay of Hickey in the car.)

As you can see, Hickey was not standing at the time of the head-shot, and there was no way for him to fire a bullet over the windshield.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 11:30:21 PM by Pat Speer »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2021, 11:50:30 PM »
And there you have it. Hang down your head, Tom Dooley.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2021, 11:50:30 PM »

Online Marjan Rynkiewicz

« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2021, 12:44:35 AM »
The Hickey did it theory was conjured up and developed by Howard Donahue, and publicized by Bonar Menninger in Mortal Error.

Within Mortal Error they acknowledged Hickey could not have shot JFK while sitting down, as the road was on a slope and the bullet would have to have passed through the Queen Mary's windshield.

So they proposed Hickey tried to stand up on the back seat, and slipped. They even presented a schematic drawing showing Hickey's position at the time he slipped, and how this would allow the bullet to get over the Queen Mary's windshield.

A few years back I super-imposed their drawing onto the head-shot frame from the Bronson film.
(If you put your curser on the image, you can use your arrows to scroll to the right and see the overlay of Hickey in the car.)
As you can see, Hickey was not standing at the time of the head-shot, and there was no way for him to fire a bullet over the windshield.
Nope. The slope of the road had nothing to do with it. A level road would not have made any difference.
Nope. The bullet didnt have to clear the windshield by 6", a 1/4"was enuff.
Nope. Hickey didnt have to stand up much, he was sitting up on cases (AR15 ammo & stuff), ie half standing.
Nope. Hickey didnt have to hold the AR15 under his armpit.
Nope. Hickey didnt have to slip. A jerk of the Queen Mary was enough (braking probably).
Also a braking jerk would raise the back of the QM, whilst dropping the front, helping the needed vertical angle.
Nope. It wouldnt take long for Hickey to rise & jerk & then fall back (a small fraction of a second would do the trick).
And Bronson's fps is much slower than Zapruder's.
Nope. Tonnes of evidence confirms that Hickey killed JFK (Xrays)(smell of cordite)(visual witnesses)(hearing witnesses)(other)(more other)(& then some more).

Bronson's footage smells fishy. The other day i did some quick measurements & i notice that his footage suggests that the QM moved 6" then 6" then 6" in the first three frames that looked at, & then 18" in the next frame. I will have to go back & have a closer look.

Arnold's footage has never been seen. Oliver's footage has never been seen. But they allowed Bronson's footage to see the light of day, because (in addition to being very blurry)(with up to 10 standing adults eclipsing the QM or Hickey during the critical time)(u cant even see the QM properly to check position or speed)(standing adults block the front the back & in between) luckily for the feds the footage stepped over the landmine, or perhaps the feds got rid of one or two frames first.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 01:19:05 AM by Marjan Rynkiewicz »