Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Did LHO know how to drive? Does it matter?  (Read 33294 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: Did LHO know how to drive? Does it matter?
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2018, 07:00:17 PM »
Advertisement
Im not sure who else he found suspicious, but I make the point it is suspicious being in a lunchroom with the President cruising by outside and then with people running willy nilly into the TSBD as well as around outside (and presumably shouting, etc) not to show any interest whatsoever? I personally would have had him detained as a person of interest.

The police would have to actually had probable cause in order to detain somebody.  Not that they really cared about that, as evidenced by what happened in the theater.  It's not like Oswald was the only person who remained in the building and wasn't all that into the parade.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2018, 07:00:17 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2018, 07:17:00 PM »
The police would have to actually had probable cause in order to detain somebody.  Not that they really cared about that, as evidenced by what happened in the theater.  It's not like Oswald was the only person who remained in the building and wasn't all that into the parade.

What happened in the TT
What happened in Dealey Plaza

Do tell

Offline Doug Easterly

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2018, 11:00:05 PM »

Well I dont think they would care that much and probable cause would be the shots came from the TSBD.  If he wasnt involved I would assume as a good citizen he would be willing to undergo some questioning regarding the assassination of the POTUS

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2018, 11:00:05 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2018, 11:25:49 PM »
Well I dont think they would care that much and probable cause would be the shots came from the TSBD.  If he wasnt involved I would assume as a good citizen he would be willing to undergo some questioning regarding the assassination of the POTUS

You said "detain", not question.

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2018, 12:40:27 AM »
Im not sure who else he found suspicious, but I make the point it is suspicious being in a lunchroom with the President cruising by outside and then with people running willy nilly into the TSBD as well as around outside (and presumably shouting, etc) not to show any interest whatsoever? I personally would have had him detained as a person of interest.

Maybe he didn't like crowds?

As mentioned by others, there were several employees at TSBD who didn't go out to watch the parade.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 12:47:16 AM by Jon Banks »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2018, 12:40:27 AM »

Offline Doug Easterly

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2018, 03:35:24 PM »
You said "detain", not question.

John, youre right. Not arrest him but not allow him to depart the building until questioned.  Is that detain for questioning I guess.

Offline Doug Easterly

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2018, 03:40:28 PM »
Maybe he didn't like crowds?

As mentioned by others, there were several employees at TSBD who didn't go out to watch the parade.

Jon, I wouldnt be questioning him if he declined to watch the parade but for the fact that he isnt curious as to what the bedlam going on outside the building is about. Thats the suspicious nature I would find interesting as an officer, that it doesn't reflect normal human action. Obviously, it did get attention from the officer as he stopped and asked the supervisor who Lee was when he saw him in the break room. The supervisor replied he was an employee. Nonetheless, I personally would have found his NON reaction curious and directed someone to stay with him.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2018, 03:40:28 PM »

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2018, 03:48:53 PM »
John, youre right. Not arrest him but not allow him to depart the building until questioned.  Is that detain for questioning I guess.

From what I've read, the courts have long held that in "exigent" or emergency situations that people's Fourth Amendment rights against illegal searches and seizures can be suspended.

This is clearly for me one of those instances. Was Baker supposed to get a search warrant? Stop and ask Oswald questions?

Although who knows what the Oswald defenders will say in response. It's always a crapshoot.