JFK Assassination Discussion & Debate > JFK Assassination Discussion & Debate

What are the holes in Donahue's Theory?

<< < (5/5)

Mitch Todd:

--- Quote from: Jon Banks on August 21, 2018, 11:49:34 AM ---From the Baltimore Sun:
http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1999-12-21/news/9912210051_1_donahue-ballistics-expert-warren-commission

I don?t agree with the SS theory but I think Donohue is correct that head shot was fired by a different rifle from a different location to the President?s rear

--- End quote ---

I don't think that a Newspaper reporter is a particularly reliable judge of who is and who isn't an expert. Menninger tried to establish Donohue's bona-fides as a court-accepted expert witness. However, the only cases he cites where Donohue testified as an accepted expert, the expertise is in gunsmithy. If Menninger couldn't find an example where Donohue was accepted as a GSW expert, then we can safely assume that Donohue wasn't one.

Mitch Todd:

--- Quote from: John Iacoletti on August 21, 2018, 08:44:37 PM ---As we know, you have to be a urologist to be a real ballistics expert.

--- End quote ---

Lattimer bought a Carcano, a pile of WCC ammunition, did experiments then published the results in refereed journals. That's far more than Donohue ever managed, vis a vis gunshot wounds.

Chris Bristow:
Joe, regarding your sphere based on a 20 foot radius, I think you would have to take into account the fact that the SS agent was facing towards JFK and picked up the rifle from the floor in front of him. That would make it far more likely to fire to the front than the side and even less to the rear. So the odds can't be based on the full area of a sphere. Maybe a box extending 30 degrees to each side and 50 up and down. More up and down since he was said to have fallen back when the gun fired which overall moves the barrel upward.

Chris Bristow:
The hardest coincidence for me to accept is that this accident happened at the very same time an actual assassination was taking place. I know that the assassination attempt would have been the catalyst for the accidental shooting but it is still weird.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version